MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2011: Draft Time, Rules, Settings

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Uh, is my team good? I have never heard of any of these players. I'm pretty bummed I missed the draft, and my level of interest is at an all-time low due to the fact that I have ZERO players I had listed as interests for my team. Ive never heard of any of these guys.

That said, I NEVER have to work on Sundays...ever....except the last two drafts I had for MoFo, I end up at a client meeting going over freelance work. I got home at 4PM yesterday...Of course!

I've actually written an email to Yahoo complaining about their auto-draft software (useless, I know). The software didn't try to draft a pitcher for me until the 7th round. That's the entire first 6 rounds without slotting 1 player for the entire pitching side of the scoring system. Uhhh, that seem right? Seems like it gives me a MAJOR deficit in pitching right off the bat.

I just feel like I have yet to play Fantasy Baseball fairly, with a team I choose! At least I have some power this year...or I think I do...

Your team looks pretty good, yeah; strongest OF in the league, good IF, but yeah, a bit weak on starting pitchers. Coincidentally, I've got extras. So I'll be sending at least one offer your way soon, I think.

As crazy as it might sound to wait that long to draft a pitcher, this is the year to wait on pitching. I didn't, even though I'd planned to, because some good guys were available and none of the hitters I loved were there, but waiting on pitching was actually a very sound strategy this year if you get the right hitters -- and I think you probably did.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Also Mike, your Catcher is Smooth.

Here's my relief staff:

Kevin Gregg RP - Ranked dead last in RP ranking - DEAD.LAST.

Tim Sale RP - "Sale loses out on closer battle: White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen named Matt Thornton as his closer on Saturday." - So he's fired. Dumping him to waivers.

Kenley Jansen RP - Buahahahahaha...Who? Not on any lists. Not ranked at all. That's right - UNRANKED.

And...that's it. I don't have any relief. None. Zero. Zip. Zilch. The closest thing I have to a closer is Tim Sale, and he wasn't good enough to get the job.

Join the club. I have one reliever, and he's not even a closer. Perils of at 14-team league, I'm afraid. Everyone's got big wholes. But if I had to pick one category to have nothing in to start the season, it would undoubtedly be Saves.

That was the one thing i couldnt figure out. Why the heck is yahoo drafting middle relief for the clowns?

Chris Sale is bound to get the 3-5 win and as many saves, such is the life of a middle reliever, but man, just didnt make sense.

Also Mike, your Catcher is Smooth.

Catcher? Most strategy sites seem to talk about catchers as if they are the kickers of Fantasy Baseball - they rarely impact anything. Is this guy supposed to be an anomaly or something?

That was the one thing I couldn't figure out. Why the heck is yahoo drafting middle relief for the clowns?

Chris Sale is bound to get the 3-5 win and as many saves, such is the life of a middle reliever, but man, just didn't make sense.
Yeah, I just don't get it. As I said, I am pretty bummed. It's damn frustrating and I REALLY wanted to make the draft. I couldn't turn down a one day project that payed many hundreds of dollars though... I just put a bit too much trust in the draft software, which completely and utterly failed me this year.

I never do trades either, because I always feel like I am getting rooked in the trades.

ok i get it, its early, you havent had your coffee yet.

I've been up early working out..so as to squeeze into the Tuxedo i own for my daughters wedding this summer...lol

so Anyway, your Catcher is one Carlos Santana.

See what i did there?

Just a quick reminder. I have too many starters, and no closers. I don't need starting pitchers - mine are just ranked (relatively) low. However, your trade is pretty damn fair, with player auction value sitting at about 27 million on both players. Leave it up, I may pull the trigger later today or tomorrow. Nice eye on the player in Choo, which is the logical player for me to trade...

RE: Carlos Santana - I can't stand his lead playing. The guy stands and noddles around in A-minor pentatonic for HOURS, until my eyes glaze over. The guy is clearly a gifted songwriter, though.

Technically you do have plenty, but honestly, I'd only rank the first three as decent. Dunno what the offer is, but in a vacuum I do think it'd make sense to add a quality starter.

Your offense should be pretty good, though.

RE: Carlos Santana - I can't stand his lead playing. The guy stands and noddles around in A-minor pentatonic for HOURS, until my eyes glaze over. The guy is clearly a gifted songwriter, though.
but his champagne is BOMB

So. do i have a starting lineup ala football, or do the guys on the bench count as well?

I'm looking at the matchups and can't figure out how to move guys from bench to starter.

How is my team? I seriously have no idea where I sit. Should be fun though.
Very well-rounded, actually. Your strength is definitely the infield; very strong infield. A little weak in the OF (one more start-caliber guy would do it there), and maybe a mid-level starting pitcher. But no really glaring holes as far as I can see.

So. do i have a starting lineup ala football, or do the guys on the bench count as well?

I'm looking at the matchups and can't figure out how to move guys from bench to starter.
It's just like football on both counts: you have a starting lineup and anyone on the bench doesn't count. And to set it, you just drag and drop the same way.

I like my team. Gonna be fun to get this baby kicked off pretty soon.

Is my team any good? Should I like my team? Well its gotta end up beating the Isotopes for all the trash I talked.

It's not bad. Honestly, I think maybe 10-12 of the teams are decent, and none of them great, and even the others might be decent depending on who pans out. In a league this size that's probably to be expected, at least before the season's started.