What do you think of John Connor?

Tools    

What do you think of the character John Connor from the Terminator series.

More importantly, what do YOU think of John Connor from the Terminator series?
That is usually how you start a thread Double L. Maybe be abit more specific.

Another thread about a random character? Is this for some kind of project or assignment, by any chance?

Anyway, Toose and zed are right: try sparking a discussion a little here, rather than just throwing out a vague question.

Well, I think when he was played by Edward Furlong in Terminator 2, when he was portrayed as a street-wise, computer-smart tough kid, he was really cool.

...but in Terminator 3 and The Sarah Connor Chronicles he was portrayed as a whiney spoiled brat character and took a hit, possibly from bad acting.

I'm not a fan of Christian Bale but I hope he does the character justice in the film that is being released this year.

I have done similar threads to this series in other forums without any problems, leaving a simple vague question to the masses without previously influencing their opinion with my own.. I'm sorry if that's not how things fly around here.

A system of cells interlinked
Ed Furlong is by far the worst part of T2. A complete whine ass with an incredibly grating voice.

Well, I think when he was played by Edward Furlong in Terminator 2, when he was portrayed as a street-wise, computer-smart tough kid, he was really cool.

...but in Terminator 3 and The Sarah Connor Chronicles he was portrayed as a whiney spoiled brat character and took a hit, possibly from bad acting.

I'm not a fan of Christian Bale but I hope he does the character justice in the film that is being released this year.
Gotta respectfully disagree with some of this. Furlong was certainly portrayed as smart and resourceful and all that, but I don't think he was cool. As Sedai said, the portrayl was definitely a whiny one.

I thought Nick Stahl, in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines was anything but whiny and spoiled. I honestly can't think of a single scene where either word would describe him, actually, but that's just me. I don't know if he was a great choice for the role, necessarily (and I'm not sure about Bale, either), but I do like the evolution of his character over the series.

And I still think T3 was way, way better than most people gave it credit for. I'll argue this until the day I die.

I have done similar threads to this series in other forums without any problems, leaving a simple vague question to the masses without previously influencing their opinion with my own.. I'm sorry if that's not how things fly around here.
Well, everyone forum's different. We get a lot of people here who show up and clearly are just trying to get us to do their film-related homework for them, and aren't usually upfront about it, so we have a built-in skepticism for these sorts of things. But yes, aside from that most of us do have the expectation that anyone looking to start a discussion kind of get the ball rolling.

Movie Forums Extra
I love Terminators not John Corner.

He's the leader of the resistance and must be terminated. Long live the Machines!
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I don't particularly like the character itself. So the coming movie can easily be a "milking" the public for more money with a spin off on the series. So unless the story is really gripping, then it's really telling what we already know. John Connor leads the resistance and sends a Terminator back.

I agree.
John Conner from T2 was a great character. He gave the movie a lighter more emotional side and some comedy. Edward Furlong is a great actor but I don't think he could pull off an adult Conner. Christian Bale is known for putting in a huge effort with his characters.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Hey what do you think of the guy who gets thrown out of the semi in T2?

John Conner didn't impress me until T3. Furlong's only niche is that he can do whinny and do it all too well. This is also his downfall. He ruined most of T2 for me.

Nick Stahl wasn't anything impressive, but he didn't make T3 terrible, at least as terrible as some people thought. I, like Yoda, am one of the few who didn't think it was all that bad.

As far as random vague questions go...just because diesel makes a big rig go, doesn't mean I should put it in my car. Just sayin'
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Hey what do you think of the guy who gets thrown out of the semi in T2?

John Conner didn't impress me until T3. Furlong's only niche is that he can do whinny and do it all too well. This is also his downfall. He ruined most of T2 for me.

Nick Stahl wasn't anything impressive, but he didn't make T3 terrible, at least as terrible as some people thought. I, like Yoda, am one of the few who didn't think it was all that bad.

As far as random vague questions go...just because diesel makes a big rig go, doesn't mean I should put it in my car. Just sayin'
I don't understand. Have I seen a different T3 to you and Yoda. Can someone tell me where the appeal for T3 is hidden ?

I don't understand. Have I seen a different T3 to you and Yoda.
I'd bet yes, but we can wax all manner of philosophical if you down, dawg.

Can someone tell me where the appeal for T3 is hidden ?
On the shelf in the garage, likely behind the beer refrigerator.

Me too. My 'Spidey sense' is tingling. Is Double L and zedlen one and the same person?