Planet of the Apes: The prequel!?

Tools    

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Before, the website CHUD reported that a new Planet of the Apes script, called Genesis: Apes floating around. Well when that article was written, the project was considered dead, now we get this:

the Planet of the Apes movies were being shown on Fox Movie Channel this holiday weekend. You may have also seen the interview with Fox's Tom Rothman which states

We are very close at Fox on a new Apes script- this one a kind of prequel story before the first story, with a return to the social thematics that mark the first one, but with an entirely contemporary setting - Earth 2009.

Could this basically be a remake of Conquest of the Planet of the Apes? I hope not, leave the damned movies alone! This means you Burton!

MORE here

It sounds interesting.
I enjoyed the first one with Charleton Heston.

Is Mark Wahlberg returning? I'm pretty sure he won't be because he had never heard of the Planet of the Apes until his ship crashed.

However, is Tim Roth returning?

Is Mark Wahlberg returning? I'm pretty sure he won't be because he had never heard of the Planet of the Apes until his ship crashed.

However, is Tim Roth returning?
No word on casting, or if they are even making it.

It sounds interesting.
I enjoyed the first one with Charleton Heston.
Me too

CHUD is reporting more on the whole Planet of the Apes prequel which now has a name: Caesar. Scott Frank of Minority Report fame is going to write and direct the film.

It would tell the story of Caesar, the chimpanzee who led the apes in rebellion, conquering humanity and creating a planet where apes ruled and humans served.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
If a prequel was made that would be awesome, im hoping they make this!

I remember being entertained by this film but are they really making another one? I know my folks loved this TV show, but it was fun to watch.

prequels, sequels, threequels...god. is there no originality left in hollywood? i mean, i know it's been said before, but c'mon this is getting out of hand! there was what, like 5 or 6 original ape films? and then the horrible burton remake? is this really necessary?!?!

A system of cells interlinked
In the minority, as usual here... The Burton remake was good. It really was. The ending takes a bit to work out, but it makes sense and I liked the expanded look at the history of the apes. Helena Carter was fetching, even as an ape. Tim Roth was great in it, and I like most of Wahlberg's work... Not a great film, but not terrible, either...

I liked the remake, I think I like it so much because I saw it when I was a kid.

Yeah the remake was good, and the original was great. Haven't seen any of the sequels. In any case, I would be very interested in a prequel.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
**** It! There are already five movies and one remake, and the only one worth watching (over and over) is the 1968 one. Nothing could ever explain the situation as perfectly as the original flick!