Nothing But the Truth

Tools    

Now this seems interesting...

The Plot:
In Washington, D.C., a female reporter faces a possible jail sentence for outing a CIA agent and refusing to reveal her source.

The director will be Rod Lurie (Resurrecting the Champ), which I think sounds OKAY (nothing to be that excited over). The cast is solid, so there's a point already. So, an all-star cast and an interesting plot makes me want to say two words: Why not?

Cast:
Alan Alda
Ken Axmaker Jr.
Preston Bailey
Angela Bassett
Kate Beckinsale

The film will open in theaters on January 9, 2009
Definitely an opening weekend showing for sure...

What's your take on this film?

sounds like deja vu

That's a rather basic, worn out, plot.

Alan Alda? Ackkkk!

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
There are loads of films that are like this, but its always good to see another.

(Maybe)

Those two words are usually Hollywood code for "crap film" or, at the very least, "Film that HK won't like... Or see."
*Swan says this but the exact opposite*

Those two words are usually Hollywood code for "crap film" or, at the very least, "Film that HK won't like... Or see."

You didn't like Much Ado About Nothing?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

i do enjoy kate beckinsale...but for all the wrong reasons!

A system of cells interlinked
She is so, so hot in Underworld...

that she is, my friend. that she is.

You didn't like Much Ado About Nothing?
I didn't. I've only seen it once and it was a long time ago on video (yes, that long ago) but I didn't like it, but then I wouldn't as I don't like Shakespeare comedies. They're not funny (to me) and they always have that feel that the cast think they're being hysterically funny. Anyone who's ever watched a Shakespeare comedy with an English Lit. teacher will probably know what I mean. They always seem to make a point to laugh or chuckle in an exaggerated manner at some 'joke', so they can be seen laughing at it. Horrible.

Also, that film had Kenneth Branagh, who I like in almost everything except Shakespeare (yes, even Henry V) Emma Thompson, a good actress but who always looks like she's acting and Keanu Reeves' accent (for want of a better word.)

Let me say here, I don't dislike or hate Kate Beckinsale. It's just that, like Samuel L. Jackson, she's a giveaway that the film is crap or, to be more accurate, that I won't like it or be interested. Emma and The Aviator are the only films I've seen her in that have been good. The only film of hers that I haven't seen and would like to is The Last Days Of Disco. Other than that, they all look bad.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
OK. The Taming of the Shrew with Taylor and Burton is shite because you don't believe that Shakespeare is funny because of outside reasons, and Samuel L. Jackson apparently stinks up Do The Right Thing, Pulp Fiction and The Incredibles? Or did I just make a broad swipe at films that you already didn't? Maybe I'm confused.

P.S. The thread is called "Nothing But the Truth"...

OK. The Taming of the Shrew with Taylor and Burton is shite because you don't believe that Shakespeare is funny...
Yes.

...because of outside reasons
No, there just not funny. The other reason was just a way of explaining how they make me feel.

...and Samuel L. Jackson apparently stinks up Do The Right Thing, Pulp Fiction and The Incredibles? Or did I just make a broad swipe at films that you already didn't? Maybe I'm confused.
Sorry, I should've clarified. Firstly, like Kate Beckensale, this isn't about SLJ being bad, he's not and nor is Beckensale, they just have a habit of picking films that I don't want to see because they look crap and/or boring. Secondly, I should've included a timeline for SLJ, it seems to kick into top gear around 1999/2000 and, since then, even the films that he's been in that I wanted to see haven't been good (Shaft, 51st State, Changing Lanes, The Incredibles, Jumper, Home Of The Brave, 1408) I liked Snakes On A Plane, but that's not a good film either. I think that the last really good filmI saw him in was Unbreakable.

P.S. The thread is called "Nothing But the Truth"...
I'm well aware of the title of this thread.