Omni's Random Video Noise

→ in
Tools    

Dark City > Logan's Run

although both are overrated
Leanin' towards Dark City then, if no one prefers Logan's Run.

Even though you didn't give it a negative score, I'm gonna have to disagree with you regarding Goodfellas. It's one of my favorites and personally think it's one of the best films ever made—now I'm not saying it's a top 10 or anything but it's in the upper echelon imo.

I can see though that if you don't like gangster films in general then you wouldn't have been a huge fan of this one. I'll rep for the effort though, and for the fact that you gave it a proper chance!

Dark City seems like the kind of movie Omnizoa would like. I wasn't too crazy about it.

Originally Posted by Omnizoa
Arnold Schwarzenegger with a bazooka? Sold.
See - women don't care about Arnold Schwarzenegger with a bazooka.

Originally Posted by False Writer
Even though you didn't give it a negative score, I'm gonna have to disagree with you regarding Goodfellas. It's one of my favorites and personally think it's one of the best films ever made—now I'm not saying it's a top 10 or anything but it's in the upper echelon imo.

I can see though that if you don't like gangster films in general then you wouldn't have been a huge fan of this one. I'll rep for the effort though, and for the fact that you gave it a proper chance!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
See - women don't care about Arnold Schwarzenegger with a bazooka.
Originally Posted by CosmicRunaway
I respectfully disagree.

Oh? Are you suggesting it exists to compensate for something?
I think the phallic nature of the bazooka is going to be more appealing to a man than to a woman.

I think my favorite scene is when Robert De Niro's character tells Main Guy's wife that "Oh no, there's a store right around the corner back here." Instantly I'm all "AWWW ****."
That scene always sticks in my head. It isn't clear if she is going to be killed or not. Personally i don't think she was going to be because Jimmy looks genuinely confused when she runs away and i think he would've made sure to kill both of them at the same time just in case Henry found out, and also he may not have actually flipped for all Jimmy knew but that would obviously push him to it.

When he finally gets involved in covering for Danny DeVito's character
Sure you watched the right movie homie?

Too bad you didn't like it not surprising since you don't like gangster movies as FW said.

I think the phallic nature of the bazooka is going to be more appealing to a man than to a woman.
The problem with a bazooka is that it's boring. Also don't like grenades for the same reason. There's no skill required, and there's zero style. Dual wielding pistols is where it's at.

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
Mmmmm~I dunno...

Originally Posted by Camo
Sure you watched the right movie homie?
OOPS. You know, I cross-checked that and for some reason I thought, "Dang, he looks way older."

Vicious Lips
Sci-Fi / English / 1986

WHY'D I WATCH IT?
It's about a 80s-era all-girl pop punk band from out space going to perform their first big gig. Of course I'm ****ing watching it.

WHAT'D I THINK? *SPOILERS*
The movie starts out strong with the apparent "villains" delivering over-the-top monologues about how their last band just inexplicably died and they need a new one.

That's just a couple minutes though and after that you slowly come to the realization that this movie is not going for camp, it's legitimately trying to be dramatic. *eyes roll* There's some story about the band's last singer dying and they hire on a Newbie Savant to be their new "voice". There's indignance in having her join and you would expect that the movie would be a journey about her earning her place in the band, but no, none of this is resolved thanks to the fact that this is All Just A Dream.

Basically the four main girls manage to avoid stereotypes for the majority of the movie before they all devolve into complaining at each other and getting into catfights. They have a male manager who I guess you can call the Token Male in this story since he clearly only exists to be kicked around by the girls. I don't mind that, it's nice to have a change of pace, but this guy is the only character of the main 5 who overacts and he's just an annoying skeezy little ****. I don't like him.

All that really happens in this movie is the girls and guy steal a ship to get to the gig, they crash land in a desert, spend a lot of time bickering, and then we have this sudden and bizarrely purposeless subplot about the ship they stole containing a now-loose monster man?

Then inexplicably the ship slides down a hill and they find themselves partly in a building called "Pleasure Planet" where they just start... tripping the **** out??? There are drugs in this movie so I dunno, but there seems to be no connection or explanation as why the characters suddenly begin hallucinating cannibals and ****. Suddenly BOOM, we wake up and the character is running off to the concert talked about at the beginning of the movie and flashing back during what is the last of multiple montages in the movie as if everything we just saw was some eye-opening memorable experience.

It's not. It was 4 people sitting around wasting lines they could be spending on something funny or meaningful.

At least the two or three brief song numbers were good.

Final Verdict:
[Just... Bad]

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	viciouslips2_thumb2%281%29.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	25806   Click image for larger version

Name:	PlanetadeplacerViciousLips1987SpanishDVD-RipXviD-mp3byjdrangelescaidosesavi_snapshot_004518_2014.jpg
Views:	658
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	25807  

Love your review of this movie...it has always seemed like sacrilege to say anything negative about this movie here and I love that you expressed exactly how you felt about it, consequences be damned.

Another impressive thing about this movie is that not only are none of the whopping cast of 12 characters nameless, but they each, ALL OF THEM, manage distinct separate personalities. They all seem like PEOPLE and some of them, particularly Henry Fonda and Lee J. Cobb have quite a presence to them.

It's just a very well-made minimalist drama with a couple neat little touches (anyone else glean the fan starting to work when it's matched 6 to 6 as "the winds of change"?) and manages to be equal parts emotionally charged and insightful.

Love your review of this movie...it has always seemed like sacrilege to say anything negative about this movie here and I love that you expressed exactly how you felt about it, consequences be damned.
Thanks, I do realize I've rated it lowest of anyone else so far.