The MoFo Top 100 Action Movie Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Official or not this list will be very cool.

With every entry you should post a gif of the movie like the matrix one above.
Unfortunately it's very difficult to collect consistently sized and quality gifs of every movie, especially some of the older and more obscure ones.

I have been making special images for each entry though, they'll have to do.

I always considered star wars the perfect bridge of everything for it covers action, sci, fi, fantasy and adventure. I mean the list has T2 which i think is most sci fi movie on the whole thing. With my list it took 2 tries but I came up in my mind the more common action films in my view.

I'm compiling my list and having a really tough time deciding what is worthy of being labeled "Action". I initially just sorted my ratings in IMDb by the Action tag, but I'm finding so many others that I think could be considered Action, even though they aren't tagged as one.

I personaly don't consider Star Wars an action movie, that's the only reason I'm not voting for it.
Star Wars is totes action, yo.

Originally Posted by Fabulous
I'm compiling my list and having a really tough time deciding what is worthy of being labeled "Action". I initially just sorted my ratings in IMDb by the Action tag, but I'm finding so many others that I think could be considered Action, even though they aren't tagged as one.
Don't limit yourself to iMDB, if you're already that discriminating you likely won't have the most outlandish nominations.

A Ask Yourself what do you consider and Action Film To Be.
B Who Gives A Turkey If It Seems Like An Action Film. Unless its a film like Grumpy Old Men Or Something. When Its Your List You can pretty much barrow from allot of genre because action is part of most summer blockbusters.
C The truly best action films in my opinion are 80's Early 90s.
D Most Science Fiction Likely Does Have Enough Moments To Be An Action Film.
E Most Adventure Films Can Be Considered Action Movies. Indiana Jones Or POTC would be good examples there.

I sent my list in. Let me know if you think a film seems out of place. Had a miserable time compiling it.
I'll accept it as-is, but it might be worth considering that certain franchises become a bit more action-oriented in their sequels.

A system of cells interlinked
Just finalizing the order of my list. Will submit soon!

List sent. Didn't get to put QUITE as much thought into as I'd like, but I'm positive about my #1.

I'm 99% sure I'm going to say "crap, I forgot that one!" like twelve times during the countdown.

Frustratingly, I've been watching action movies non-stop since this countdown started which amounts to... over 72 movies, and I still have a little over half a dozen I still really want to see before I make my one and only revision.