So they took out a gun fight from "Ganster Squad

Tools    

because of the Colorado shooting. What do you think was so bad about it?

Erm, the fact that people died maybe?

Removing the scene from the trailer is a mark of respect for those innocent people that died a needless and painful death.

Ok, the film itself having the scene in is neither here nor there, but removing it from the trailer at least is a matter of moral taste and sheer respect for those that shouldn't have died at the hands of a guy... who should clearly be locked away with a brutal rapist for the rest of his natural born life.

What are my thoughts? Give me 5 minutes alone with this murderer...

That sucks and is completely bull just because people died doesn't mean that it has to be directly related to a movie that was shot before that. Like if I filmed that movie I'd be upset

I think it's a bad sign for movies.
This is James Holmes idiot made it look like movies make people violent. Well that's Bull ****. Just cause a crazy guy killed as a movie villain doesn't mean the millions of others that enjoy film will do the same.
So what if it has a gun fight? If there was a man with orange hair in a theathrrs doing the shooting then thatd be reasonable, but this movie is nothing like that.
It's the same bull **** that made Nieghborhood Watch change there name and poster. I don't remember anybody taking out bullies from movies after columbine. Just because some idiots commit a crime doesn't mean you should take out everything that virtually represents it.
Only a complete moron would care if there's a shooting scene in a movie coming in a few months. And why would anyone care what that morons opinion is

The people that died were movie-goers, superhero sci-fi fantasy fans specifically.

Taking out a violent scene encourages the implication that movies are responsible for James Holmes' behavior, which also means that fans of movies are to blame because they support those movies by seeing them.

In other words, the implication taken to its logical conclusion is that it was their own fault they died. That's not respectful at all. It's exactly the opposite.

If I had died in that theater, I wouldn't want the movies I loved blamed for my death. I would want the responsibility put squarely on Holmes' shoulders.

Just my 2 cents.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

[quote=The Rodent;829699]Erm, the fact that people died maybe?

Removing the scene from the trailer is a mark of respect for those innocent people that died a needless and painful death.

is it just from the trailer?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
They are taking it out of the FILM, not just the trailer. They need to do some re-shoots and change the scene.

Suspect's Reviews

They are taking it out of the FILM, not just the trailer. They need to do some re-shoots and change the scene.
That's what I thought,where did people get they were only taking it from the trailer from?

It was taken out to show respect for the people that died in that shooting.
nah dude that can't be right,I'm pretty certain there will be more then one gun fight. So why take out one and not the others????????? Think about it.

Don't like how they are taking it out of the actual film(filmed way before the event even happened), because come on, how many people involved in the shooting are going to go and watch such a film so soon... don't change a film when the majority can handle it.

As for taking out of the trailer - don't see anything wrong with that at all, a trailer can appear anywhere, anytime. Unlike the film, you are not going to accidently go and sit and watch a film that you know could be filled with gun shooting sequences... and if you are someone who goes in blind to a film without even reading a basic plot for what you are going to see, then it's your own fault.

They took it out of the trailer on Friday. They're now taking it out of the film, however, I'm sure it'll be back for the dvd/Bluray release.
Yeah, it's unfortunate that Warners feel they have to take it despite being in no part responsible or under any obligation too, but hey, it's not like that scene will be lost forever. It will resurface.

I don't see how this shows respect to the people who died. It is completely unrelated. If you want to make the argument that violent scenes in movies encourage violent acts in society fine, but why then make a movie like this in the first place?

I don't think it's intended to show respect, just to completely eliminate any chance that anyone will be made at them or made uncomfortable by the film.

I don't like it, but I get it: the last thing you want is some controversy marring a film you've just spent lots of time and money making. So you play it safe. I don't think it's necessary and I think it would probably be fine to leave it in, but maybe we'd all be overly cautious if we'd sunk my savings into it, or something.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I dislike it. Screw political correctness. You don't alter what is already shot in light of tragedy. You leave it in.

Spiderman, to quote DX, can "suck it!"

Back in 2001 Cameron Crowe had the right idea.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201