The Football Thread

Tools    

You're a Genius all the time
Originally Posted by chet seven
Well its been a sad week here in Wisconsin...
Brett Favre retires after 17 seasons

Statement by Favre

(click if you only want to cry)

I grew up watching Favre and it's going to be really strange with him not in the NFL. He is the Best there is.

I Will Miss You Brett and Thanks
I loved Favre. But he's gotta be the most overrated professional athlete I've ever seen. He's got a ring, sure. And he's got those 440 TD's. He was also wildly inconsistent, decidedly un-clutch and more than willing to sacrifice the interests of the Packers to meet his own needs.

Still, he was fun as all hell to watch. And he seems like a pretty nice guy, too. Thanks for the memories, Mr. Favre. Sunday's not gonna be the same without ya.

"What the hell is Brett Favre doing here?"

he's gotta be the most overrated professional athlete I've ever seen.
are you joking?
i'm to crushed to jaw with you right now

tom brady gets my vote for most overrated, he is just a system quarterback if i've ever seen one.

You're a Genius all the time
tom brady gets my vote for most overrated, he is just a system quarterback if i've ever seen one.

I don't like Brady half as much as I do Favre. In fact, I flat-out dislike the guy. But if my season's on the line and I need to win one game, I take Brady over Favre in a second.

In a second.

I don't like Brady half as much as I do Favre. In fact, I flat-out dislike the guy. But if my season's on the line and I need to win one game, I take Brady over Favre in a second.

In a second.
Atleast we are both on the same page of disliking Brady but as far as choosing him over Favre, one of the best two minute drill QBs, is, as Kramer would put it "Cookey Talk"

you pick Brady? Or you pick the Patriots?

Okay, I may live in Australia - but I do go for the Patriots.
And I haven't just jumped on the bandwagon.
And I was shattered when the Superbowl was lost - I was on the phone to my dad (I was at school day of) asking him to check updates every hour or so.

But; did anyone see/hear about the Australian bloke that supports the Packers - who went to.. I think, every regular season game & the finals?

Wayne Scullino.
Sold his house, quit his job, and moved his family to the United States, so he could watch the Packers play.

http://www.wisn.com/sports/14444079/detail.html

The family doesn't have tickets lined up for every game. They said they're living week-to-week, finding some tickets online, and some through their new Packer fan-friends.
There was a video on SportsCenter, of him at the Packers - Giants Conference game, I think. Showed his devastation when the Packers lost - but what a guy.

And also, the generosity of Americans - gave him and his family a furnished apartment at a bargain price, a car to use while he was there, and also if he needed tickets, they helped out as well:

"We went to the Washington game with a couple we'd never met," Wayne Scullino said. "But they e-mailed us, saying 'We've got four tickets. We normally take people from work, but you must come with us.'"
Ever seen someone with that level of dedication?
Oh, but they got one bit wrong in that article. Australia isn't a country dominated by rugby league - it's a country dominated by cricket all over, Australian Football (don't worry if you don't know) in the south & rugby league in NSW & Queensland.

Looks like I am a masterful bumper of ancient threads...

Do we have no football fans here currently? I know we do, I see the fantasy football threads, but I am not into fantasy football (My idea of fantasy football = a Madden tournament), so let's discuss the awesome sport here!

Houston Texans fan here.... Can't believe we lost to the damn Pats and crybaby Brady! -__- I hate the damn Pats!

Oh well, 11-2, we are still the best team in the league right now! :P

I still say Schaub, Foster, and Johnson are a nearly unbeatable threesome!

Unfortunately, I am not 100% confident Houston will make it through the playoffs, I see it playing out similar to last post season for them. They are getting better and better with each passing year, coming into their own, and I will obviously be rooting for them to make it all the way, but a Superbowl victory this year? I dunno.... Their loss to the Pats showed they have their work cut out for them and they did have somewhat of a cake walk of a schedule this year tbh...

They are good, but not the best, by far, overall.

Those two helmets getting stuck together in the Eagles/Bengals game was hilarious! XD