Cashback

→ in
Tools    

Hello! I saw the movie Cashback a while ago and was wondering if anyone else has seen it. I really liked it and it'd be nice to hear someone else's opinion.

Nope, haven't seen it. Tell us all about it.

Welcome to the human race...
Think it's on my pay-TV service at the start of next month. If I get to see it I may write something.

Basically, after being dumped by his girlfriend, Ben develops isomnia. To pass the time he starts working the night shift at a supermarket. Already working there are some...interesting people and, of course, his next love interest. Unfortunately for him, despite the people, he still is painfully bored and sleep deprived. So to entertain himself he imagines he can stop time.....or does he?

You're a Genius all the time
I've only seen the original short that I guess the movie is branched off from, but I didn't like that thing at all. I'd would probably grade it somewehere in "D" territory and that's being pretty flippin generous. Its only redeemable quality was the wonderful and fully exposed body of the lovely Hayley-Marie Coppin. So unless she's walking around naked a lot in the full-length film, I probably won't be checking it out.

Okay, so I checked out Cashback tonight. I have to admit, I enjoyed it quite a bit. If I had to rate it, I'd give it a
- certainly interesting concept and it was pulled off quite well, even pretty funny in parts.

You're a Genius all the time
Well, I've worked as a cashier and I found all those supermarket-related hijinks in the short film pretty lame. The best portrayal of cashiering mundaneness on screen, for me, is Sarah Polley and the gang in Go. And Cashback didn't even come close to that. Everything else with the stopping time and whatnot didn't do much for me, either. I can't even begin to imagine how they managed to canoodle an hour and a half long movie out of this material. Seriously, 15 minutes was already stretching it.

But, yeah, Hayley-Marie Coppin is just gorgeous.

But, yeah, Hayley-Marie Coppin is just gorgeous.
I'll pay that.

I haven't seen the 15 minute film so I have no idea how good it is (or not). I didn't see any real problem with the way they stretched it out to about 100 minutes. It managed to keep me interested enough, even though for the first 10 minutes or so I felt like giving up and putting on There Will Be Blood.

I know there are way worse movies I've wasted my time on than this.

A system of cells interlinked
Amazing. This flick took me totally off-guard, and I just adored it.

Chef - Good riddance!

You didn't even see it and you trashed it. Good show!

Do NOT listen to Swedish on this one - you know, since he didn't actually see it and stuff.

I have been recommending this movie around here since I have signed up..
I just love it.. I have spent most of my youth doing nightshifts... & being heartbroken while the whole world sleeps is a whole different feeling..

Just like the movie depicted, I was a zombie of sorts.
Always scribbling some poems & sketching.

Definitely a movie worth checking out.. I have also seen the short film.
I would love to see more from this director.

& if you loved this, also check out Richard Ayoade's Submarine.