The Fall Guy

Tools    

I am mildly optimistic that this movie could deliver in a kind of low-brow, trashy popcorn movie kind of way. If nothing else, Emily Blunt is easy on the eyes and Ryan Gosling is a genuinely funny dude.

I heard it's vaguely inspired by the TV show in which Lee Majors played the title role (but which I've never watched)

The TV show was pretty dopey, even for the mid-1980s. The only memorable or lasting thing about it was the theme song, which really was very fun. But the plot was that he's a Hollywood stuntman who is a bounty hunter on the side. The two jobs don't really have anything to do with each other. It is basically the Steve McQueen flick The Hunter meets the Burt Reynolds' flick Hooper. Majors did fine playing a more winking, breezy character than Steve Austin, more Burt Reynolds-ish than McQueen, but honest to goodness, once you get past that opening theme and credits (and Heather Thomas in a bikini)...forgettable.

As for this movie, looks like it could be fun.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Well, I did watch the Lee Majors television series and it seems a little flimsy to hang a feature length motion picture on, but I love Gosling and Blunt.

Really digging the new IMAX poster

I will be seeing, not being, this soon. Looks like an action movie, probably with a comedic atmosphere.

I will probably check this out once it comes out.
I got opening weekend tickets!

Welcome to the human race...
leitch has made some of my least favourite films of the past decade and the trailer indicates that this will almost certainly be more of the same. then again, there's always a chance he'll pull it together.

New trailer!