Da'Vine Joy Randolph, The Holdovers
13 votes. You may not vote on this poll

The five nominees are...

Emily Blunt, Oppenheimer
Danielle Brooks, The Color Purple
America Ferrera, Barbie
Jodie Foster, Nyad
Da'Vine Joy Randolph, The Holdovers

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Da'Vine Joy Randolph is for sure going to win. I liked her performance, but personally I preferred Danielle Brooks. Foster was good, so I'm happy for her. Blunt was good too. I don't think Ferrera's performance was Oscar worthy though.

I would love to see Danielle Brooks win too. But it seems to be Randolpjh's year she's winning everything else. And I also have to say even though she doesn't have a prayer to win, I am THRILLED for America Ferrera's nomination, she truly deserves it. I guess I should also mention that this is the only category where I have seen all the nominated performances.

Da'Vine!!!
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

America Ferrera getting in is lovely. Yes, its the monologue alone but still so deserved for an actress that's worked her ass off for many years. Go Betty Go!!!

Jodie does not lose.
Hate to pester one with facts, but thus far she has won 50% of the Academy Awards she has been nominated for. She lost her first time, Best Supporting Actress for Taxi Driver, then won her next two Best Actresses for The Accused and The Silence of the Lambs, before losing Best Actress as Nell.

Hate to pester one with facts, but thus far she has won 50% of the Academy Awards she has been nominated for. She lost her first time, Best Supporting Actress for Taxi Driver, then won her next two Best Actresses for The Accused and The Silence of the Lambs, before losing Best Actress as Nell.
I do believe those wins were stolen from her.

She should have won for Taxi Driver She definitely deserved to win for The Accused, but I'm torn about her Silence of the Lambs win. My vote that year was Susan Sarandon for Thelma and Louise. I've never seen Nell, but I did LOVE the winning performance that year, Jessica Lange for Blue Sky. I really don't see her winning this year either. Randolph is winning everything else.

The trick is not minding
In a perfect world, Brooks or Blunt win.
I agree with Ferrera not being Oscar worthy. She wasn’t bad, mind you, just ok. Wish Pugh would have also been nominated for Oppenheimer.

I think any comment in a thread about an acting award that come after "quite apart from her acting abilities" is likely to be out of pocket, my man.

I'll bet she sucks at Scrabble, too, but it would be a weird thing to say in this context, eh?

I do not feel pain when I look at her. I feel a lot of empathy.

I am so happy for Da'Vine Joy Randolph. She absolutely stole the show and brought so much heart to the role.