The Punisher: Warzone

Tools    

This is the new trailer, I can't believe it actually looks like a step backwards, especially from the last one.

...uh the post is up there...

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I think Joel Schumacher's (spelling?) secret brother directed this, look at the neon lights! Did the Punisher go back to the 70's?

What is with the chandelier crap he pulled? To quote William DeFoe in the Boondock Saints "They've seen to many movies, no one pulls that James Bond ****.

Ray Stevenson also sucks, his lines are delivered horribly! "Sometimes I'd like to get my hands on god!" I liked Thomas Jane, he really did fit the role.

I also hear Newman from Seinfield is in this, :rollseyes:

This is going to be a flop, even on DVD sales.

Jane had a decent pressence, but unfortunately the script definately needed work, as I am sure is the case with this one. At least the other one had the look and atmosphere of the Punisher, this looks like some cheesy Sci-fi channel movie.

I liked Thomas Jane's portrayal as The Punisher immensely. I even had the privelage of meeting Thomas Jane, and having a Punisher poster signed by him at a comic book convention in Texas. The Punisher: War Zone is gonna suck big time. It should have gone direct to DVD, nevermind already flopping on DVD.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I really enjoyed "The Punisher" Its a shame this one doesnt look as good as the first, but I could be wrong, afterall ive only seen this trailer. It could be as good or even better, but from this trailer my first thought is it isnt going to be half as good.

jesus christ when are these people going to stop making this film.

it was absolute tripe the first time the second wasn't much better and this one looks diabolical.

Oh well at least its a hat-trick I suppose

The sad thing is that making a Punisher movie shouldn't be that hard, it's not etirely complex, nor does it require a lot of special effects.

Exactly it could be so well done if they got the right people to do it.

Ok then here we go then who would make a good Punisher then??

The first one was so horrible , but this one takes the cake. The same guy from the first one isn't even in it - I can't tell if it's even a continuation from the last one , or something new like the incredible hulk.

I think david fincher, he handles dark, gritty characters well, especially delving into psychosis.

can't tell if it's even a continuation from the last one , or something new like the incredible hulk.
Something new, notice Punisher's family being killed in a park and only his wife and son (where's the daughter?!)

Well...I think Aaron Eckhart has the look as well as the ability to play a broken characters. Give 'em jet black hair and a skull T-shirt and he'll be set. Also, i wish they'd use the garth Ennis material as a guide.

Something new, notice Punisher's family being killed in a park and only his wife and son (where's the daughter?!)
It isn't, clearly because in the other film his family was killed on a pier, the new scene is basically right out of the comics.

that's not a bad call I guess.

i'm just laughing to myself reading this thread as it seems to be generating some interest but really no one here really likes the film or the look of the upcoming film.

maybe best to close all threads on the Punisher and not give it our time or thoughts!!!

The thing they keep screwing up is that the Punisher has little, if any emotion, it's almost reflexatory for him to kill. Also, the Ennis stuff had a cynical sense of humor about it.

good call mate on the director what about the actual actor to portray the punisher?
Well, in the MAX comics Clint Eastwood was an influence (you can see it in the eyes) but he isn't nearly strong enough and a bit too old. (Fact: Clint Eastwood would be too old to fight in Vietnam like the Punisher.)

I think for a slightly younger Punisher, Watchman star, Jeffery Dean Morgan. He could easily work out and look a lot like MAX Punisher.

Well...I think Aaron Eckhart has the look as well as the ability to play a broken characters. Give 'em jet black hair and a skull T-shirt and he'll be set. Also, i wish they'd use the garth Ennis material as a guide.
Just no. I love Eckhart as much as the next guy but you say you want them to follow Garth Ennis material? Eckhart is far too weak and I don't think he could reach that deep in his voice to play The Punisher.

Just no. I love Eckhart as much as the next guy but you say you want them to follow Garth Ennis material? Eckhart is far too weak and I don't think he could reach that deep in his voice to play The Punisher.

His coldness, and indifference as Dent in the Dark Knight seems pretty in-line with Frank Castle, particularly in the car scene.