2018 MoFo Film Awards - Nominations

Tools    

movies can be okay...
I don't think I'm gonna be watching any more 2018 films, so I've sent my set of nominations.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Speaking for myself, I'm obviously planning on holding out to the last minute and catching up on whatever I can.

What were the final totals like in other years again?
Previous years hover between 20-30 on average.

Last year saw 30 people nominate and 26 vote for winners.

Welcome to the human race...
Hmm, we'll see if that tracks. Seems like we lost quite a few high-profile members over the past year so I imagine that's liable to affect matters. Will be bad if this generally bleh awards season bleeds into our own little variation like this.

Also, damn, the deadline is this Friday? There's still so much I haven't caught up on, and I'm not sure what's worse - struggling to come up with answers or struggling to narrow them down.

Also, damn, the deadline is this Friday? There's still so much I haven't caught up on, and I'm not sure what's worse - struggling to come up with answers or struggling to narrow them down.
Iro speaks the truth. One week left to nominate your films!!!! Show the Oscars how wrong they got it by not having Paddington 2 nominated for Bet Picture!!!!

Must be doin sumthin right
I sent in noms but I wasn't sure if people would consider Emma Stone lead or supporting for The Favourite. I put her as lead but I'll change it if that's controversial

My favorite movies from this year that I basically picked all the noms from were in no order First Reformed, Support the Girls, Mission Impossible 6, BlackKklansman, Western, Shoplifters, The Death of Stalin, The Favourite, First Man, Annihilation, Eighth Grade, Isle of Dogs, Suspiria, Cold War, Hereditary & The House That Jack Built

I sent in noms but I wasn't sure if people would consider Emma Stone lead or supporting for The Favourite. I put her as lead but I'll change it if that's controversial

My favorite movies from this year that I basically picked all the noms from were in no order First Reformed, Support the Girls, Mission Impossible 6, BlackKklansman, Western, Shoplifters, The Death of Stalin, The Favourite, First Man, Annihilation, Eighth Grade, Isle of Dogs, Suspiria, Cold War, Hereditary & The House That Jack Built
I'll PM you.

Sorry, I’ve seen a grand total of two films released 2018 so I won’t be voting.

Unless you don't have room on your ballot, you can always nominate her for both (which I may or may be doing for someone else haha). I think she was listed as a supporting actress for the other awards she was nominated for though.

I've always had a hard time distinguishing between lead and supporting roles.

I just sent my list.

I was hoping to see 50 films from 2018 before the deadline, but I ended up a little short at 47. I kind of wanted to cram one more film in today to make it an even 48, but it's a bit late for that now.