The Grindhouse Thread

Tools    

this guys has one of the best twisted minds ever

Can't believe how awful Death Proof was, not that i know anything about Grindhouse films (except from the faux trailers) but i can't see it homaging anything except Tarantino's own love of his dialogue. Suprising that a guy who's film are all surface refences with little substance couldn't pull it off without his ego getting in the way. Kurt Russell in 2 sequences, half of them him being a pussy, then how it ended, way not cool; especially compared to the riot of Planet of Terror going all out and having fun with it. The missing scenes were a bit annoying as well. Before i saw this, i was annoyed that it was potentially being split over here but now tihnking it's probably for the best.

Overall i'd say- Planet Terror:
, Death Proof:
, Grindhouse:

Don't see why Jrs is bumming it SO much. Rodriguez and Tarantino got a FEW good ones under the belts, not 'greatest directors of all time'.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
Talk about news about the upcoming grindhouse movie.

For those who have not been keeping up, Kurt Russell is gonna play the slasher In Quentin Tarantinos part of the movie.It be two movies(full lenth) back to back.
This looks like total crap but fun crap. I am hoping it ends up in the dollar theater or a drive in where it belongs. If so, I'll go see it. If not I'll wait until it's free from my library.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
OMG!!!

This was such a fun ride! Unlike most of the reviewers I've seen, I liked BOTH movies, so did my daughter!

It had everything and more that you'd want from this sort of movie.

Unbelievably the endings of both movies were actually good. Wow!

I'm so jazzed!

That's the best $1.00 I've spent on a movie lately!

Incredible!