The C&C Music List Factory

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Looks like I missed reading your comment there GBG. I'd love to see your maudlin top ten, please do post it in here when you have the time. I love a good maudlin song me

I'll work on my Maudlin Top Ten List and try to post it within the next few days.

I've been so busy the past few days that I'm still trying to find the time to listen to your CITY LIFE TOP TEN list.

I just realised you didn't choose Born to Run from my list Chyp! It's even Brooce's favourite song. I'm listening to it now in compensation for your taste bypass

I just realised you didn't choose Born to Run from my list Chyp! It's even Brooce's favourite song. I'm listening to it now in compensation for your taste bypass
It was in the running top ten from March hun - can't be having it in every list

OLYMPICS TOP TEN *

10. Sugababes - Stronger (2002)

9. Belle & Sebastian - The Stars Of Track And Field (1997)

8. Santana - Winning (1981)

7. McFadden & Whitehead - Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now (1978)

6. Side Effect - Olympic Gold (1984)

5. Peter Gabriel - Games Without Frontiers (1980)

4, ABBA - The Winner Takes It All (1980)

3. Loudon Wainright III - The Swimming Song (1973)

2. Gregory Isaacs - Chips Is Down (1989)

1. The Newbeats - Run, Baby Run (Back Into My Arms) (1965)

*final order decided by Random.Org

I never knew Games Without Frontiers was about the Olympics. When I listened to it this time I remembered I always thought the lyrics were weird and now I see (I think)

I never knew Games Without Frontiers was about the Olympics. When I listened to it this time I remembered I always thought the lyrics were weird and now I see (I think)
It's not really - it was about the game show "It's a Knockout" on the surface with a subtext about diplomacy/international relations .... but the original vid does include clips from Olympics events and the spirit of JSF/IAK was similar to that which is supposedly that of the OG (I say 'supposedly' because it's all about winning and not just competing most of the time now sadly and politics also encroaches far more than it should). It was admittedly a stretch for me to include it in my list but I thought it could just about be regarded as within the remit

Oh ok. I just read an explanation about the olympics and it's a knockout too, what a combination! Given that, it's a far better match to our theme than some of mine
Still weird lyrics tho!