Optimus Reviews

→ in
Tools    

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I don't think ive seen many of the other remakes.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Iron Man
Directed By: Jon Favreau

As a big fan of Superhero movies all I can say is that Iron Man is something special. In fact the superhero genre itself is something special. Every year DC/Marvel put asses in seats with there movies earning hundreds of millions, even billions of dollars. There well acclaimed by critics and audiences just can't seem to get enough of these huge blockbusters. For me there is one movie that triumphs all and that is Iron Man. Forget The Dark Knight, forget The Avengers, Iron Man is the king of Superhero movies.

Superhero movies all have the same basic story. They all have action, they all have there villains and they all have there superhero. One thing that sets Iron Man apart from the rest is Robert Downey Jr. Iron Man was made for Robert Downey Jr, well that's how it feels anyway. His portrayal of Tony Stark is somewhat special. He's cool, slick, and is humour is timed to perfection. He's a superhero different to the rest. He doesn't have muscles bursting out his shirt, or a big fancy hammer. He doesn't shoot webs or have a big powerful shield. He's a normal rich guy who makes his own suit and his own luck. What's even more impressive is when Tony Stark is on screen with The Avengers he still seems the superior Superhero, he still steals the show and he still feels like the leader. Robert Downey Jr just has excellent screen presence and it really shows as Tony Stark/Iron Man.

Another reason I think Iron Man is more superior to the other superhero movies is the origin of Iron Man. Don't get me wrong I loved Batman Begins origin but Iron Man is something that feels more real. It's something that fits in with todays society and something that's actually quite brave to go with. Iron Man is great from the beginning till the end. It has great pace and great action thats really exciting. I own this movie on both Blu Ray and DVD and I never get bored.

Overall Iron Man is not only my favourite superhero movie, it's also one of my all time favourites. It's action packed with a great cast, and a great performance from Robert Downey Jr.
Hi! Here I am. Let's not forget Jeff who's also excellent. But I agree, I like Jr. even more. There's some sort of genetical superiority in him, some people are just like that. I thouroughly enjoyed it. I have to say, though, my fave superhero film is Superman. But of course, Ironman comforts to the world of today, so it's more realistic that way. I'm also a big fan of superhero. Probably the most entertaining and dynamic genre. I also like that it has as much scf-fi in it, hence Superman. I agree with all you said. How about the line from The Avengers

Bruce: -You take the suit, and what's left?
Jr. - A genius multibilionaire playboy philanthropist

That even made Thor laugh.

Which one would you consider the best?.
Everyone knows about The Fly and The Thing. The Hills Have Eyes was great if you like violent movies, and I also liked Maniac and I Spit on Your Grave.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Pain And Gain
Directed By: Michael Bay

The Story
The story is loosley based on true events in Miami in the early 1990's. The story follows 3 roided up gym heads who kidnap and extortion some rich guy who's pretty much one of the biggest Di**** around. Now i say loosley because i don't know exactly how true these events are. I find it hard to imagine that the story happened the way the movie portrays it, but it is Michael Bay so you should expect nothing less. Anyway, the story whether its true or not is great fun. It has its moments of madness, and some moments are hillarious. Its got all your typical Michael Bay stamps - but it is still one of his better movies out there. (Which is not saying much really).

The Cast
The cast are great. Dwayne (The Rock) Johnson, Mark Wahlberg, and Anthony (Falcon) Mackie are all great fun. The three of them are idiots, and i mean IDIOTS. There are some really funny moments that have these guys in some hillarious situations. Now ime not to sure if Pain And Gain is a comedy, but it is one of the funniest movies that ive seen in a while anyway.

Movie Trivia:Dwayne Johnson bulked up to nearly 300 pounds for his role.

Anthony Mackie put on 17 pounds of muscle for the role and bulked up to 213 pounds. He had only 3 weeks to train before filming began.

For his role as a body builder, Mark Wahlberg bulked up to 212 pounds for this film.

At just over 20 million dollars, the film stands as Michael Bay's lowest-budgeted film since his feature film debut Bad Boys (1995). He, Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne Johnson took pay cuts to keep the budget down.
Movie Highlight
My movie highlight has got to be Dwayne Johnson (Paul Doyle). Now i know i praised The Rock above about his performance, but he is the reason i enjoyed this movie more than i probably should. His performance really was that funny. He's a juiced up, girlfriend swapping, cocain sniffing, soft idiot. And its made that much funnier because of his physical appearance. He's come a long way since hitting The Rock Bottom on monday night Raw.

Verdict
Overall Pain And Gain was actually pretty good. It was certainly better than i was expecting, and i didn't realise it would be so funny. Plus, it was nice to see Michael Bay try something different outside of giant robots.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Batman And Robin
Directed By: Joel Schumacher

The Story
The story was just as bad, just as cringey, and just as cheesey as i remembered from my last viewing. The story is one big giant mess, with way to much happening, and wayyy to many characters on screen. The writers should of probably spent more time thinking about the story instead of thinking about bad jokes, and bad one liners for Mr Freeze. Honestly, everything about this movie screams NO. There's the Batman credit card, which of course comes in handy if Batman needs to do a spot of shopping. There's the Batman ice skates, which of course come in handy if you ever come face to face with a villain you found out about 5 minutes earlier. There's Batman nipples, there's Batgirl, and of course there's shots of Batman's nice tight ass while he suits up. All stuff that Christopher Nolan really should of thought about. Sorry about the sarcasm.

The Cast
The cast are awful. George Clooney is as wooden as... well.. wood. Chris O'Donnell is terrible. Alicia Silverstone is terrible. Uma Thurman is terrible, but sexy, really sexy. And Arnold Schwarzenegger is?, well you guessed it TERRIBLE. The whole cast really are that bad.

Movie Trivia: In an interview the cast members were asked what item from filming they would like to take home with them. Arnold Schwarzenegger said that he would be taking Mr. Freeze's armor home, Uma Thurman said that she wanted Ivy's floral throne, and Elle Macpherson said that she just wanted a cap or something with the "Batman & Robin" logo before anyone else. When asked, George Clooney said he wanted Elle Macpherson.

Due to the difficulty and large amount of time it took to remove the Batman suit, George Clooney reportedly urinated in his suit on at least one occasion.

Joel Schumacher had several meetings with Warner Bros. to get them to reconsider letting him do another Batman movie. Schumacher wanted to take the film back to its darker roots and make a "Batman: Year One" movie. Schumacher wanted to cast Kurt Russell as a young Commissioner Gordon and would have had Selina Kyle as a young, beautiful African-American woman living in the ghetto. However, Warner Bros. decided not to rehire Schumacher and the Batman film franchise remained in development limbo for years until Batman Begins (2005).
Movie Highlight
I really can't pick any type of movie highlight. The movie is just that bad that there's no positives that i can even think of writing. I've sat and tryed to think of something, anything that i could just write and the only thing i could think of was Uma Thurman. She is pretty damn sexy and she's certainly the only positive thing to come out of this movie.

Verdict
Overall Batman And Robin is the worst Batman movie ive ever seen (including Animated). Infact, its probably one of the worst movies ive ever seen full stop. Its beyond a joke, its beyond cheesey, its beyond Cringey, its beyond anything good.

I really liked Pain and Gain too. It's cast so well that I wonder if saying so is an insult to the actors.

Haven't seen Batman and Robin, and I won't either.

Toy Story 3
Directed By: Lee Unkrich

The Story
In my opinion the Toy Story trilogy has gotten stronger with each movie. Toy Story 3 takes the story in a different direction, and this time its more imaganitive than ever. With the same Pixar magic as its predecessors Toy Story again offers a story of warth, humour, and emotion. The movie delivers a little bit of everything for all agers, and even tho its a tad more serious than the previous movies its still so damn fun.

The Cast
The Cast and Characters are fantastic. We still have the same old toy's we have grown to love, and now the inclusion of more. The evil Lotso hug and bear (My son has him and he really does smell of strawberrys), ken Doll, Big Baby, and lots more toy's join what is one of my all time favourite movies. Yeah, ime 28 years old but i don't give a sh**.

Movie Highlight
My movie highlight has got to be the movies ending. Its such an emotional ending with refferences to The Terminator 2: Judgement Day as an added little bit of humour. Its a perfect ending to the series and really showcases what Pixar are captable of doing.

Verdict
Overall Toy Story 3 is the best animated movie out there. It has a fantastic story, loveable characters, and a very beautiful ending to what is one of the best trilogy's of all time. If there is anyone out there (i doubt it) who has never seen this movie then i highly recommend you do.
Loved your review of Toy Story 3 and I agree with just about everything you said.

Welcome to the human race...
I really liked Pain and Gain too. It's cast so well that I wonder if saying so is an insult to the actors.

Haven't seen Batman and Robin, and I won't either.
Batman and Robin is a significantly superior film to Pain and Gain, though.

Bring 'em on, Optimus. I usually find it interesting to hear what non horror fans think about these films if they're prepared to give them a fair go.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Saw
Directed By: James Wan

The Story
I've always thought of this movie as one of the better horror movies of the 00's. And whats more impressive is that it was done on a cheap ass budget of just over $1m dollars. Obvisouly this movie was followed by countless sequels trying to cling to its success, but the franchise did start with a very good movie. Saw is a blood filled gore fest, with twists and turns around every corner, and a very clever and shocking ending. The story is very cleverly made and its certainly not one for the screamish.

The Cast
The cast is what it is. Its not great, but its not that bad either, well in terms of other horror movie cast's anyway. Jigsaw is a serial killer like no other. The two guy's in the bathroom do a pretty good job. And its always good to see detective Murtaugh. All in all the cast arn't that bad to be honest.

Movie Trivia: According to the DVD commentary director James Wan points out that many of the scare scenes in the film were nightmares he and Leigh Whannell had as kids.

The screenplay was written in 2001 as a calling card for James Wan and Leigh Whannell trying to break into Hollywood. They shot a low budget short based on a scene in the film and this proved successful enough to attract the attention of Evolution Entertainment. They immediately formed a horror genre arm called Twisted Pictures and gave Wan and Whannell a small budget.

One of the most profitable horror films of all time.

Director James Wan took a gamble and took no "up front" salary for the movie and opted for a percentage instead.
The Horror
I wouldn't describe Saw as scary, but it is very gruesome and quite disturbing. Some of the traps that Jigsaw uses are very frightening and gruesome. And the movies score really adds to the intensity of the movie. The ending is one of the best horror movie endings ive ever seen, and it certainly leaves you screaming for more (be careful what you wish for tho).

Verdict
Overall Saw is a very good horror movie. Some critics say it relies to much on gore and that some scenes are to gruesome, but i say noooo.... the more gory the better as far as i am concerned. It really is a shame the series hit rock bottom after this movie.

I've not seen this since it came out, but I remember liking it quite a bit and thinking it was pretty good. I remember liking the sequel, too, but mainly because it went where I thought it had to if it was to continue. I've not seen any of the others.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I've not seen this since it came out, but I remember liking it quite a bit and thinking it was pretty good. I remember liking the sequel, too, but mainly because it went where I thought it had to if it was to continue. I've not seen any of the others.
The second one was the best of all the sequels, but i remember not really liking it that much. They went worse with each movie tho.

Great review on Saw, I saw it multiple times when it was in theaters. It's a great watch and definitely the best of the series (even though I only saw the first 3, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that without watching the other 3 or 4 sequels).

Here are some of my horror suggestions, if you haven't seen them already:

An American Werewolf in London, Dog Soldiers, The Thing, The Shining, The Exorcist, Halloween, Jacob's Ladder, Dawn of the Dead (2004 remake)

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Great review on Saw, I saw it multiple times when it was in theaters. It's a great watch and definitely the best of the series (even though I only saw the first 3, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that without watching the other 3 or 4 sequels).

Here are some of my horror suggestions, if you haven't seen them already:

An American Werewolf in London, Dog Soldiers, The Thing, The Shining, The Exorcist, Halloween, Jacob's Ladder, Dawn of the Dead (2004 remake)
Thanks mate. I'll be sure to give some of them a watch and let you know what i think.

I recently went through the entire Saw franchise again for the who-know-what-time, and I was surprised I still enjoyed it all... mostly.

I was surprised though, that I didn't like the first film nearly as much as I remembered. But it's decent still. Glad you liked it!