Inception (Christopher Nolan film schedule for early 2010)

Tools    

Well, here we go. We finally have official news of Nolan's next project - And it sounds very intriguing indeed...

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=12&cs=1

Heres the link. And the news has been confirmed by Nolan himself, Empireonline and various film sites so it's definite. And he has written the entire screenplay by himself.

What do you guys think of the the sypnosis?

so whhat are they doing aobut the next batman film then?

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Very interesting mate but I do agree with Messengerthug what will happen to the next Batman film? Will we have to wait untill this movie is done, I cant wait that long

Very interesting mate but I do agree with Messengerthug what will happen to the next Batman film? Will we have to wait untill this movie is done, I cant wait that long
I'm not even sure if there is going to be another Batman film. At least I doubt it'll be from Nolan. I mean, do you see The Dark Knight being topped? I think a third one would just seem obligatory, and Nolan only does a project if he believes in it fully.

This film sounds right up his ally and seems perfect for his style. It's supposed to be a bit of a sci fi as well, which is something he has never done before. I expect great things.

well we cant end the series wih tdk's ending

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
well we cant end the series wih tdk's ending
Well then, take a few tips from Schumacher, and re-invent Batman, yet again, to make a ending that fits your needs.

Nolan is a fine director, and I would rather he not use all of his talent on a character that has been re-tooled, re-invented, re-imagined, re-vamped, etc. He's a rare gem in Hollywood these days and I would rather he move onto other projects, rather than sit and stew on Batman.

Perhaps, one day he'll return and make another one, but one things for sure, I've been so sick with these "TDK" fanboys who can't look at anything else he's done and only know him for one film. Sure, let's try not to remember Memento, cause that wasn't any good, now was it!? Also, let's forget about that one film starring Christian Bale no, not The Dark Knight, I'm talking about The Prestige.

I'm sure if you asked on of these fanboys, they probably wouldn't be able to tell you who directed Batman Begins. That was Burton, right?
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

so whhat are they doing aobut the next batman film then?
We still are able to get it; I mean he filmed an amazing movie like The Prestige in between Batman Begins and TDK, so maybe this one can be just as amazing.

Well then, take a few tips from Schumacher, and re-invent Batman, yet again, to make a ending that fits your needs.

Nolan is a fine director, and I would rather he not use all of his talent on a character that has been re-tooled, re-invented, re-imagined, re-vamped, etc. He's a rare gem in Hollywood these days and I would rather he move onto other projects, rather than sit and stew on Batman.

Perhaps, one day he'll return and make another one, but one things for sure, I've been so sick with these "TDK" fanboys who can't look at anything else he's done and only know him for one film. Sure, let's try not to remember Memento, cause that wasn't any good, now was it!? Also, let's forget about that one film starring Christian Bale no, not The Dark Knight, I'm talking about The Prestige.

I'm sure if you asked on of these fanboys, they probably wouldn't be able to tell you who directed Batman Begins. That was Burton, right?
Hmm, I consider myself one of these 'fanboys' yet I love all of Nolan's work that I've seen so far; which are Memento, Begins, Prestige, and TDK, and I've loved them all. I don't think all 'fanboys' are like this; just some of them are like this.

As far as this though, I'm really looking foward to seeing this. I supposed we'll have to wait another year before we're able to, but I'm now really looking foward to seeing this.

Hmm, I consider myself one of these 'fanboys' yet I love all of Nolan's work that I've seen so far; which are Memento, Begins, Prestige, and TDK, and I've loved them all. I don't think all 'fanboys' are like this; just some of them are like this.
Well, I for one, thank you for being open to other things. I swear, any site you went to last summer, heck even now, has kids screaming TDK over and over. I mean yes, it was an amazing film, but Nolan is Picasso in my eyes, he makes other works of art, as well.

so you want the whole series to end with gotham city thinking batman is a murderer?

so you want the whole series to end with gotham city thinking batman is a murderer?
Seriously? Have you never read the comic? Just because a film is limited in how long it can run, and because it takes a long time to make the next installment, you think that the entire Batman universe is in limbo waiting on Nolan, or anyone else to make the next film?

Personally, if Nolan decided not to do Batman anymore, I would not be upset. He did an outstanding job on both of his Batman films.

I personally want a third and final Batman film from Nolan; I want Nolan to have an official ending to his Batman series rather than just leaving it at a cliffhanger.

What do you guys think of the the sypnosis?
Hard to judge as there isn't much of a synopsis

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Well, from an artist's point of view, Nolan has created his own vision for Batman and I cannot imagine he would walk away. If he does, I say he is a coward. He must finish his trilogy.

So I'm betting he doesn't walk away.

Well, if there isn't a decent script and a villain that fits into Nolan's "realistic" world - I say stay away. There is no point doing another film just for the sake of doing it.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
He and his brother write the script, right? So how can it not be decent when he is the one creating the story.

In order for the third one to be good, they cannot try to top Dark Knight, instead they need to focus more on continuing the story.

Also, let's bring the topic back to his next film eh? After all he did do a film in between Begins and Dark Knight, so it's not a huge surprise.

Suspect's Reviews

So wait , there's something wrong with The Dark Knight's ending ? I thought it wrapped up things perfectly and if there was indeed a third one - I'd want Nolan to loosly base it off of The Dark Knight returns.

Just as he used The Long Halloween and Year One for inspiration of the others.

oh no i thought all of gotham citiy thinking bat-man was two-face was a PERFECT ending [end sarcasm]

He and his brother write the script, right? So how can it not be decent when he is the one creating the story.

In order for the third one to be good, they cannot try to top Dark Knight, instead they need to focus more on continuing the story.

Also, let's bring the topic back to his next film eh? After all he did do a film in between Begins and Dark Knight, so it's not a huge surprise.
You missed my point. My point is that it shouldn't be rushed.

oh no i thought all of gotham citiy thinking bat-man was two-face was a PERFECT ending [end sarcasm]
Maybe you would like a nice happy ending , where everyone loves Batman and they give him a medal of honor.