Portugal
8.57%
3 votes
England
8.57%
3 votes
Any other team (please specify)
35 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Now this is a problem, no doubt, but it also works the other way. Playing all those friendlies means you're not seeing the 'real' Brazil. Plus, they're the home team. It does help.
Indeed. In 1950 was the last time we had the world cup at home and we went to the final but lost. In one of the most spectacular defeats in the history of football. Anyway, Brazil won 2 of the last 5 world cups and now is playing at home, so I think it's the team who has the highest probability of winning though I don't think the probability is higher than like 40%, Germany, Argentina and Spain are very good too.

1950 was a huge upset. As I'm sure you know, there were even newpapers printed up with World Champions on them.

I'd call it a big upset if a team other than one of the four you mentioned wins the tournament. It will be interesting to see how the S.American players who live and play in Europe deal with the conditions, having also played a European season.

I filled out a bracket for my moms company competition (couple 100 dollars up for grabs for the 3 best), really haven't been keeping with football, so mainly went off odds and some instinct. I have Brazil beating Spain for the final, I feel Germany has the second best chance though.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Dont take me wrong,I dont want to say Ronaldo and others are horrible people,wanting to rule the world in their evil ways
But before people always admired players like Raul,Lampard,Gerrard,Buffon,Del Piero,Nedved,Scholes,Ronaldo,Zidan,Camoranesi,Kaka,Zanetti...But now...How can you admire someone who goes down like a 10 year old girl.I'm not saying they are bad players,I'm saying they are not players you should look up to,I would always take player with good personality and good skills than the player with fantastic skills and ****** personality.Suarez bit a person,2 times! How can you admire him?

If player can dribble that dosent make him special,a lot of people in this world can dribble,half of Brazil can dribble.They can dribble good for them,they can,fantastic but dribbling compared to good passing and good defending is nothing.Good dribble will always lose to good defender,when you get in right position he can dribble all day but he wont go next to you.Again this is how I see it,I would always take players like Pirlo,Guti,Zidan over dribbles,why?Because with good mid you make good attack but with good dribble...I'm not saying dribble overall sucks or something like that,I'm saying compared to other parts its really not that important.

I know its not about individuals,I'm first guy to say that but they played very bad just 5 days before wc,that is why I don't see them as winners of this wc.I didn't see any tactic or plan.Don't take me wrong,I'm not hating on Brazil I don't have anything against them,this is just my honest opinion.

If Brazil don't win I think Scolari will come under some criticism. He has his favourites and refuses to bring new players into the team, look at how Jo keeps getting picked. His reluctance to call up Diego Costa sooner has seen them miss out on a player who would have been perfect for arguably their weakest position, then there are the likes of Felipe Luis, Coutinho and others who have been ignored.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I filled in a bracket and am predicting a Germany - Argentina final. At the moment I'm going with Germany for the win. They were a terrific young team at the last World Cup and I thought they would take the Euros two years ago but came up rather short against Italy. However if Lionel Messi can find top form after a poor (by his standards) season then he could make the difference.

One team I'm really interested in is Belgium. In terms of individuals there are few ahead of them but it's whether they can come together as a real team or not, and they might just be a little too young. I'm also intrigued by Chile. They've got a tough group but if they can get out of it they could be a real dark horse. Same with Bosnia.

Stopped giving a sh*t about football a while ago after getting burned by club and international teams one too many times.
You little weakling you Skepsis! I'm still a football fan despite being a Rangers supporter!!! Try staying positive after the few years Rangers fans have had. And still the whole thing is a bloody mess!

One more thing,how can someone support players like Messi,Ronaldo,Neymar,Suarez etc They just fall down,they have skills that is ok,but they are all pricks at least in my eyes.Its good they are not in acting because they would take all Oscars.
I'll give you some of them. I'm not a fan of Ronaldo for all his diving over the years. And I'm also really not a fan of Suarez for his diving, his hacking and his biting. However I think you're being a bit harsh on Messi by including him. In fact I've always rather admired him for the way he plays the game. Frequently he gets an absolute kicking in games, especially when against Real Madrid and Pepe, but rarely do I see him throwing himself around the place or rolling around the floor the way that Ronaldo does.

Jay this is why I included Messi,it is true,Ronaldo and Suarez are worse but still...Just to repeat again,I'm not saying they are bad players,I'm saying you want to kick them so hard they have a reason to cry on the pitch,I mean ffs...

Anybody else here think Chile could be the surprise package? I know i'll be backing them in individual games anyway.
Yeah, I kind of like them as they have Medel from Cardiff. They've got quite a talented squad with the likes of Vidal and Sanchez, I remember they comfortably beat England not too long ago.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Jay this is why I included Messi,it is true,Ronaldo and Suarez are worse but still...Just to repeat again,I'm not saying they are bad players,I'm saying you want to kick them so hard they have a reason to cry on the pitch,I mean ffs...
The first video there is absolutely nothing. If that's your criteria for listing someone as unworthy of respect and adoration then I'm not sure there will be anyone left for the list. For example I'm guessing you would remove Zidane from that list you posted after his headbult assault. Second video fair enough is a bit daft. Whether he meant to do that or more likely just blast it off the advertising boards he should have apologised if he realised what had happened

Anybody else here think Chile could be the surprise package?
Oh I don't know, perhaps the guy who mentioned it in the post just before yours!!! Yes as I said I think they could be this year's surprise package. They've got a tough group with Spain and Holland but if they can get out of that then I think they'll be a very dangerous side.

Chile are about as dark horses as England are. Spain, Germany Brazil and Argentina. If it's not one of those, consider it an upset. Even Italy or Netherlands.

Just think, this time tomorrow we'd have seen the first game.

You cant compare that and Zidane are you kidding me,look at his face man,look at him he is going at him like he is a beast or some ****,he knows he is protected so why not.But yea,its not a topic for this thread.World Cup starts today so let's get on that.
Brazil - Croatia,let's see what Brazil can do.

The referee in Brazil's opening game must have come with them on the plane - the crooked bast!rd!
Nah, he is the ideal referee. We can trust the Japanese.

But the opening ceremony takes the cake, it was the worst opening ceremony I ever watched by a long shoot. It appears to be a satire of an opening ceremony. Made me feel embarrassed by my country.

So only first world countries can host world cups? Brazil is richer than South Africa, who hosted the last world cup as well, and much richer than China in 2008, when they spent 50 billion dollars on the Olympics.

Well,I love World Cup,I love football,but I dont want my country to host it,not for now.You do understand you get nothing with this?They tell you all kind of crap,but when you host wc FIFA takes tax on income and everything else.You build that stadium,I can't remember the name,but you build it in place where nobody else can play on it after wc,so you build stadium for 200milion and you will use it for 4 games.Do you know how much schools,hospitals,houses...can be built for that amount of money? You spent billions on this.That moment when Brazilians go in riots against WC,then you know something is very wrong.You think Qatar will be host because they are something special?There is no way that you can play football there,no way,but still they will host it...

Now on the game,Brazil was better,but they had help there,that was not a penalty.This game only proved to me that Brazil is not fav to win this.I think Croatia should play with one DM,because Rakitic and Modric are attacking mid,that kicked them in the ass.