My 450 Favorite Films Ever-A List I'll probably Never Finish

Tools    

Finished here. It's been fun.
425 Friday the 13th

Really solid slasher film that I've seen numerous times. One of my favorite entries in the franchise.

424 Sherlock Jr.
The first of many films from my favorite silent comedian, Buster Keaton.

423 Black Sabbath

I'm a sucker for anthology horror films.

I love anthology horror too, it's a shame more aren't made.
I feel you man. I really enjoyed those first two VHS films though, well at least parts of them.

422 The Big Heat

A really well-crafted and engaging film noir from the legendary Fritz Lang.

421 Gravity

A deeply flawed film I know, but I can't deny that it was an incredible theater experience. Weak narrative aside, this was still a very enjoyable film for me.

420 Pierrot Le Fou

Didn't like it at first, but now I'd say this is one of my favorite Godards. The colors in this film are breathtaking.

I like every movie on your list excepted for Enemy because it's a complete boredom in my opinion but I'm happy to see that you like A Serbian Film

I saw Gravity in the cinema too and thought it was a great experience (probably the best new release I've been too), saw it again at home and whilst still very good it wasn't the same. Pierrot Le Fou is one of my favourite films from one of my favourite directors. I don't think I've ever seen a Fritz Lang film, shocking, I know, but I can't wait to finally get round to him.

I like every movie on your list excepted for Enemy because it's a complete boredom in my opinion but I'm happy to see that you like A Serbian Film
Seems like you generally don't like thinkers films, Derek.

Anyways, I love Enemy. Good list so far, holy crap this is going to be massive! But I will look forward to each and every one of them.

But I was a little too fast on the rep button at one point. A Serbian Film should never have been made...

But apart from that

419 Vij
This one is gold. A kitschy, sorta tacky folk tale with awesome practical effects.

418 And the Ship Sails On

A Fellini'esque attack on the bourgeoisie middle-class.

417 Oculus

Didn't expect to like this one at all, but I did. One of the best horror films of the last few years.

District 9, My Neighbor Totoro, The Aristocats and Stagecoach are my favorites so far!

417 Oculus

Didn't expect to like this one at all, but I did. One of the best horror films of the last few years.
I love Oculus and Karen Gillan is hot as hell (L)

416 Big Trouble in Little China

Silly, outrageous fun from the master of atmosphere John frikkin Carpenter. Expect to see alot more from him on this list.

415 Holy Motors

One of the most original and creative films in recent years. Still haven't seen anything else quite like it.

414 The End of Summer

An emotional family drama that I really enjoy.

Master of My Domain
Some of the films are ranked waaaay too low but +rep anyways because it's Lucas.

I'm sure you'll be able to finish this list before Cobpyth finishes his.

413 Un Chien Andalou

Inventive and influential surrealist film that needs to be seen a few times to truly be appreciated.

412 This is Spinal Tap

Didn't laugh much, but this is still a superbly crafted,surprisingly subtle,and impeccably written rock mockumentary. It gets better the more I think about.

411 The Tenant

Polanski's "acting"(If I can call it that) is questionable and there are some ridiculously silly scenes, but I just really enjoy his style of claustrophobic directing. There are some excellent scenes here, a few cool scares. The weakest of his Apartment Trilogy. I just have a soft spot for this one.

Wow, it'll be tough keeping up with this thread.

I like or love most everything so far, including I Stand Alone, Pet Sematary, and A Serbian Film.

The ones I'm not crazy about are Gravity, Only God Forgives, Pierrot Le Fou, and The Tenant.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
GLO-RI-OUS thread!

You'll be puking with rep!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

410 The Devil's Backbone

Del Toro's awesome precursor to Pan's Labyrinth is a haunting ghost story set during the horrors of the Spanish Civil War.

409 Memento

As many of you already know, I'm not a big fan of Nolan. That being said I do enjoy some of his films, especially Memento. This is a uniquely constructed neo-noir with a really inventive narrative structure.

408 The Warriors

Have to respect some of these 70's cult classics.

407 Platoon

It certainly is a bit heavy-handed, but when it works it works. Platoon is a gripping war film.

406 Moon

I'm a sucker for speculative sci-fi, even if it may be somewhat flawed. Moon is one of the better sci-fi films in the last few years. Great performance by Sam Rockwell.

405 Ghost Dog:Way of the Samurai

The title of the film does sound ridiculous, but this is honestly a very good understated film. One of my favorites from Jarmusch.

404 Capote
It still makes me extremely sad that PSH is gone. This is one of his many, many great performances.

403 The Circus

An endearing and highly entertaining film from Charlie Chaplin.

402 The Conformist
Virtuoso cinematography.