Favorite 2018 Comic-Con trailer? (poll)

Tools    

Which was your favorite trailer of the five?
0%
0 votes
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindlewald
18.18%
2 votes
Aquaman
36.36%
4 votes
Glass
18.18%
2 votes
Shazam!
27.27%
3 votes
Godzilla: King of the Monsters
11 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
5 new trailers were unveiled this weekend, which one was your favorite? Also, if you want an extra challenge, how would you rank them in anticipation level? Quick links below for those of you who haven't seen.

(order of release date)
1. Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindlewald

2. Aquaman

3. Glass

4. Shazam!

5. Godzilla: King of the Monsters

Glass (can't wait for this one)
Godzilla: King of the Monsters (seems like it could be awesome)
Shazam! (could be good and funny)
Aquaman (seems like run off the mill superhero flick)
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindlewald (haven't seen the first one, don't care about the second one)

I re-watched all of them again I would rank them as follows:

1: Godzilla: King of the Monsters - I mean, COME ON! Look at those shots, they are jaw-dropping. It looks absolutely epic, I love the dark atmosphere they are going for, I actually loved the 2014 Godzilla, but this looks like it'll be on a whole new level.

2. Shazam! - I knew nothing about this prior to the trailer, now I'm extremely excited. The lighthearted tone and wit worked so well, it looks hilarious, so extremely excited for this one as well.

3. Glass - I loved Split and this film looks like a nice follow up to that. Haven't seen Unbreakable, but totally will. I loved the character interactions and the tone that Shyamalan is going for. Have never been this excited for a January release I don't think.

4. Aquaman - James Wan is one of my favorite directors and he is the reason I'm looking forward to this, visually this looks amazing, and tonally it feels nice. I'm a bit worried about the characterization, but we'll see how i goes.

5. Fantastic Beasts 2 - I am the biggest Harry Potter fan and It's kinda disappointing that this isn't no.1, but this new franchise hasn't really re-awakened my fanboy like I hoped. It looks more coherent and more confident than the first outing for sure, I just still can't see the full picture. Let's see how this goes.

Glass (can't wait for this one)
Godzilla: King of the Monsters (seems like it could be awesome)
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindlewald (haven't seen the first one, don't care about the second one)
Looks like Glass and Godzilla have been the favorites across the board as well. Have you seen/like any of the Harry Potters? Also, how did you feel about 2014 Godzilla?

Have you seen/like any of the Harry Potters?
There are so many Potter movies that I don't see or foresee myself going for a long binge for this one.
Also, how did you feel about 2014 Godzilla?
I wasn't a fan, but the new Godzilla seems more impressive and potentially could mesh well grandiose scope and intimacy to be great, IMO.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Invader Zim's lack of inclusion forced my hand at voting Shazam. The film doesn't look "fantastic," or anything like that, but it's at least an indication DC is willing to lighten up a little on their films. A character like Batman should be presented in its own unique way, a Superman film should, and a Shazam film should. Present them as unique ideas and it will feel like an actual event when they intersect, not a series installment.

Invader Zim's lack of inclusion forced my hand at voting Shazam. The film doesn't look "fantastic," or anything like that, but it's at least an indication DC is willing to lighten up a little on their films. A character like Batman should be presented in its own unique way, a Superman film should, and a Shazam film should. Present them as unique ideas and it will feel like an actual event when they intersect, not a series installment.
Yeah I agree, part of me would like Marvel to stick to the Cinematic Universe, and I think telling different linear, elseworld stories with their characters could work our for DC. That way they are not bothered by what Marvel is doing, but they still have something cool going. Like tell different stories with Batman with different incarnations, like the Comics, or something like that. The DCEU did not work, Wonder Woman was great but it didn't feel like it needed to connect, haven't seen Man of Steel but plan to soon.

nominate it for the next Hall of Fame
I just might if I like it well enough! I think I already have my pick for the next HoF though, I really want to nominate a film that I love, but I don't see many people talk about these days.

Not to be a pessimist, but I suspect that Glass is gonna be a huge letdown.
With Shyamalan's track record, it's a possibility, but seeing how passionate he seems to be about this, I believe it might be well worth it.