I'd Like to Share A Small Aspect of My Career With the Community.

Tools    

This is a very unorthodox thing for me to do, but in the week that I have visited everyone I have come in contact with has made me feel welcome with a hospitality that is rarely seen on the internet. So I am going to do something I have never done before.

As I have mentioned in a earlier post, I work as a staff writer on 2 of the cable reality t.v. shows that are polluting the airwaves & picking off brain cells of Americans with an accuracy unmatched by the most potent of drugs or the radiation of uranium in it's half life. (Don't get excited though, it will take more then a week of compliments to get me to admit my employers.)

Production has rapped on one show & there is only two and a half weeks lifted in filming & 5 weeks of production, then I have a six month period freedom before I decide if I want to renew my contract for either or both shows. (Unless the guild decides to strike & we are still on strike when filming is set to begin. The last strike was 5 months, but it was before my time.)

It is during this 6 months that I will try and sell a pilot to any of the networks & apply to production companies who have a series on the air, or shows in the works by submitting my original scripts or I submit a script based on their shows.

So, since everyone I have met so far has gone above & beyond the call of salutations & hospitality to welcome me into your community, I am going to do something I have never done before with people I have met online... I would like to share the pilot scripts I have been working on.

The first script I submitted went to Alan Ball's production company. (He wrote the screenplay of'American Beauty' & was the creator of 'Six Feet Under') What was submitted was a script on the new HBO series 'True Blood' which is an adaptation of Charlaine Harris series titled 'Southern Vampire'. The show will star Anna Paquin & I was told it is scheduled to start filming on the second week of November (But, I haven't verified that date with production.) If I am hired as staff writer, at the most I will be able to write or co-write one episode since I will still be under contract for the show I am working on at the moment. Though I very doubtful that I will be hired to work this season, or be hired at all.

The second script submitted was actually two scripts I sent to Mark Johnson & Howard Deutch (The writing/directing team who created 'Grumpy Old Men'.) The are developing a show for HBO as well. It has yet to be given a title, but it will be an adaptation of comic book series called 'Preacher' by Garth Ennis. If any of you ever watched the HBO series 'Carnivale', it was cancelled because Daniel Knauf (Creator of 'Carnivale') was caught plagiarizing several aspects of this series. (Example: Episode 17 titled, 'Old Cherry Blossom Road' Ben Hawkin's Inbred family is an exact facsimile of Jessie Custer's family in, Preacher)

To get back on track, I wrote two scripts with one that follows Jesse Custer who is possessed by a celestial spirit named 'Genesis' who was the offspring of an Angel & Demon who fell in love with each other. Genesis was being held captive in heaven for years, but it eventually escaped & picked Jesse as his vessel on earth, which gave him power which rivals God, who because fed up & abandoned heaven to pursue his own earthly desires.

The second script submitted follows the Saint of Killers, a bounty hunter from the American Old West. He was murdered while searching for the men who killed his family. When he entered hell his hate was so powerful it extinguished the fires of hell. The Grim Reaper who was visiting hell to play power with Satan, was impressed so he offered to allow him to return to earth to avenge the death of his family with one condition. He had to take over Death's job of collecting the souls of all evil men & bring them to hell. Many consider the Saint of Killers as the best character ever created for a comic.

The last pilot script I wrote is an original show I titled,'Vaudeville' which is about a small town in the mid-west taken over by freak show attractions, circus performers, magicians, burlesque entertains, etc.. which looks as normal as possibles on the inside, but behind the screens a power struggle is going on between factions to control the town & the rare & priceless resource that can only be found in their town.

I will be pitching this show as soon as production raps in a few weeks.

If you are interested in reading any or all of the scripts I have listed, then send me a private message or an email to [email protected]

I am bumping this thread again, because I receive four emails for requests & I lost the contact information, so I need you to send me another email.

Also, I need to know which format you need .pdf or .doc. & I can't provide any copies of the scripts concerning the 'Preacher' series at the moment for reasons I can't specify.

One last thing, I don't mind letting anyone & everyone read, but if you are making this request with intentions of plagiary then know that all three scripts have been registered with the WGA & SWF.

Thanks.

A system of cells interlinked
Damn you look familiar, man... That is you in the pic, no?

Damn you look familiar, man... That is you in the pic, no?
Yeah, I have been in a couple of magazines because of a project I was apart of a year after I finished post grad.

And more recently I have been in mags because I am working on part of the script on a film project about my grandfather's life. He was the Exalted Cyclops of the KKK in the late 60's & he was forced by the city council of Durham to team with an African American civil rights worker to create a school integration program.

They became good friends & he left the clan to become a civil rights worker & union delegate so there have been several books on the story, the lastest being 'The Best of Enemies' By Osha Gray Davidson. Studs Turkel wrote a book as well, which was adapted to a play and produced by David Shwimmer, broken into eight episodic plays & I wrote two, so I was interviewed.

So yeah, I have randomly appeared in several obscure magazines & a couple of the major ones as well. I was on MSNBC a year & a half ago, so you could have easy seen me through any of these media sources listed.

If you are interested in reading on the project about my grandfather just google C.P. Ellis & I dont mind converting the short documentary to mpeg or .avi if anyone wants to see it. I was being considered for an Oscar, but it was shown once as a feature & that was against the criteria of a documentary short so it was excluded from consideration.

You look very familiar to me too.... and I never read magazines....

You're not in the post office are you?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

You look very familiar to me too.... and I never read magazines....

You're not in the post office are you?

LOL! He would have already gone postal if he was in the post office. He's steaming over something that happened on this board so I couldnt imagine how he would react to laborous employment.

Thats really interesting.. Now that it is official(right?) that the writers are striking what is going to really happen will we see any consequences right away or will it be later on in the year?
www.thecriticalcritics.com

LOL! He would have already gone postal if he was in the post office. He's steaming over something that happened on this board so I couldnt imagine how he would react to laborous employment.

Actually I meant his picture in the post office.... on the FBI mug shot wall....

Actually I meant his picture in the post office.... on the FBI mug shot wall....

LOL! The only crime Timothy commits is stealing witty remarks from much funnier men on occasion. As for your question Banana guy I dont know that is his area of expertise so you should send him a pm or an email because I dont know when he will be posting on this board again because some guy from the area between Slovenia and Bosnia decided to take a break from blowing every guy east of the Adrianic Sea to accuse him of the one thing Ellis men have been fighting against for the past three generations.

Sometims the little green men in your backyard are actually in your frontyard asking you if you need your grass mowed for $25. The best thing you can say is: Yes I need a trim, but does it have to cost me my first born and my philosophical dreams or can you shave it for like a box of Whitmans?

Sometims the little green men in your backyard are actually in your frontyard asking you if you need your grass mowed for $25. The best thing you can say is: Yes I need a trim, but does it have to cost me my first born and my philosophical dreams or can you shave it for like a box of Whitmans?
Wow I don't know if that one of the most deep and complex philisophical statements I have ever heard or it is enigmatic without solution. Either way I promise you I will be pondering over it for a few hours. Btw That is one hell of a cool avatar.