Rauldc14's Top 119 Films

→ in
Tools    

Are you not impressed by the films score Miss Vicky? I've never really heard of anybody who hated that aspect of the film.
Well considering I don't remember it at all, I guess that means I was not impressed by it.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
108. It's a Wonderful Life

This is my favorite Christmas movie. Everyone knows how much I appreciate the works of Frank Capra. While I think James Stewart is excellent working with Alfred Hitchcock he is equally as good with Frank Capra. I always thought the story was really captivating and feels like it sends a great message. I also really like Donna Reed and whatever the name of the actor who plays Clarence is.

I had fond memories of It's a Wonderful Life but went many years without seeing it and started to lose appreciation. I finally saw it again a couple months ago and I can now confirm what a wonderful and special movie it is.

I struggled mightily with L'Avventura, but that was before I learned to enjoy the slower paced and more artistic types of films. I will revisit it in the future.

Yeah... definitely not a movie we agree on.
I think the tagline of this list should be "Yeah... definitely not a movie Miss Vicky agrees with."

I love both E.T., and It's a Wonderful Life. I really like The Lion King, it's a childhood favorite, but it wouldn't be extremely high on my favorite Disney movies list nowadays. I prefer the musical. Well, the other one that's a musical. You know what I mean.

107. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

There were certainly Westerns before it, but it seems like this one popularized the genre. It also was imperative on making a star of Clint Eastwood, who just happens to be one of my favorite cinema personalities. The score is fantastic and that ending is one of the best for me in film history. Another tally for Miss Vicky to hate.

I loved the Dollars trilogy back when I first saw it. I recently bought the blu-ray box set and after looking through them they look stunning (especially on the oled). Best they ever looked. So right now I'm really eager to pop the disc(s) in and watch the whole thing.

Another great pick, raul!

I loved the Dollars trilogy back when I first saw it. I recently bought the blu-ray box set and after looking through them they look stunning (especially on the oled). Best they ever looked. So right now I'm really eager to pop the disc(s) in and watch the whole thing.

Another great pick, raul!
I need to look into that because the GBATU blu-ray I have might be the worst tranfer in my collection.

I need to look into that because the GBATU blu-ray I have might be the worst tranfer in my collection.
Yeah, the first transfer I heard was awful. There's a new transfer available. Slight yellowish tint, but I heard it was how Leone originally intended it. But detail, clarity, general colors and all looks really solid to me. These movies were never too well preserved, so what's available now is probably the closest we get.

I can take some shots of the transfer perhaps, though there is probably some around online...

This is the one you need to get: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Ma.../95396/#Review

This is my favorite Christmas movie. Everyone knows how much I appreciate the works of Frank Capra. While I think James Stewart is excellent working with Alfred Hitchcock he is equally as good with Frank Capra. I always thought the story was really captivating and feels like it sends a great message. I also really like Donna Reed and whatever the name of the actor who plays Clarence is.
I'm a big fan of Capra and love that movie!...not because of nostalgia or fond childhood memories...I didn't first watch it until more recently.
Donna Reed is adorable, and Stewart is one of my top all time favorite actors. Every scene, every character, every moment is near perfect, no false steps in this movie. I can never remember the name of Clarence either, but I just seen him the other night in something.

107. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

There were certainly Westerns before it, but it seems like this one popularized the genre. It also was imperative on making a star of Clint Eastwood, who just happens to be one of my favorite cinema personalities. The score is fantastic and that ending is one of the best for me in film history.
Eastwood in westerns is one of my favs too. I grew up on this stuff. TGTGTU is my favorite of the Dollars trilogy. The second one is pretty good too.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

I can never remember the name of Clarence either, but I just seen him the other night in something.

It's a Wonderful Life is one of my favorite Christmas movies, one of my favorite James Stewart movies, and one of my favorite Frank Capra movies.

BTW, the actor who played Clarence is Henry Travers. (You guys know that IMDB only closed their discussion boards, not their whole site, right? )

106. Stalag 17

Still an underseen movie here on movie and still one of Billy Wilder's underrated gems. William Holden pulls in a terrific performance as J.J. Sefton. Also loved Robert Strauss as Animal. A movie with a little bit of everything: War, Thrills, Drama, and Comedy. Especially think that the ending to the film is particularly great!