Feedback Needed: The User Reputation System

Tools    

thx Yoda, i'd give you some rep, if it would do anything, but my understanding is that with fewer than 10 points it has no effect

Originally Posted by Yoda
The usernames of all reputation-givers should now be viewable in the User Control Panel for all members.
I see. The people who gave me all that bad rep...its not who i thought it would be. Im not going to name names, but seriousley, one of them is one of the most respected MoFo's on here- the other- a good friend of mine. I dont get it. Im, dissapointed.

I foresee some seriously ruffled feathers on the boards in the next few days. And that's not even counting the ones that'll get ripped out during the fighting...

But I do think this is a good idea, Chris. Anonymity never did anyone any good, ultimately.

I ate all your bees.
Hmm I also am surprised as to who gave me bad rep points. Still they no doubt had their reasons. Hopefully this will stop some of the questionable bad rep hits being given around. I'd like to thank Yoda, he's one of the best Admins I have known on forums because he always listens to what people have to say and takes action Good Work Yoda!

Some unexpected people gave me bad rep, and I probably deserved. And I gave some people bad rep that I probably shouldn't have, and some that I now know that I shouldn't have, and I'm pretty sure I have replaced it all since then. I thought some other person gave me bad rep saying, "I think it was you, Gunga Din", it turned out to be a different person and now I feel very stupid. I apoligize, and feel free to hit me with some bad rep... I'm assuming you know who you are..

I See You When You're Sleeping
Yeah, I like the new name tagging system. A few bad reps have been deleted (i think), so i'll never know who it was who gave me the bad rep and left his name as Kong (who hasn't been online since January).

I want to able to track through my other rep points and not just the visable 10 if that's possible.

Anyway, some people won't be getting christmas emails this year.

I notice that some people would have been given misplaced blame if you hadn't added the name tags, Kudos to Yoda!!!!

Originally Posted by Yoda
I learned recently, however, that we all lose half our reputation-altering power whenever effecting someone's reputation NEGATIVELY. So, if you can give someone, say, 10 points of reputation each time you approve of their post, you only take 5 when you disapprove. I assume this is another safeguard against abuse.
Yoda, does this mean the if you negatively affect someones post that you lose some of your overall power to affect reps????

In Tyler We Trust
i like this new system...

Whoever gave me bad rep still hasn't been caught..because they got delted because of new rep points ....so i'll never know who it was either...Zeiken....i think you are thinking its me who gave you tghe bad rep but i promise you if i did it was an accident ...check ur other reputations....i gave you about 3 or 4 for just "recorvery fund"..and that was before i might hgaveaccidently given u bad rep...

Originally Posted by Equilibrium
Whoever gave me bad rep still hasn't been caught..because they got delted because of new rep points ....so i'll never know who it was either
yes but for someone with so many points, your not in a lot of trouble, i'm right on the edge

Originally Posted by Michael_myers
yes but for someone with so many points, your not in a lot of trouble, i'm right on the edge
Allow me to help then.

A system of cells interlinked
I see changes here as well, most excellent work on the site lately Yoda.

The Emperor of Ice Cream
Well, it's fun seeing Holden Pike flatter himself in his negative reputation marks towards me while pretending to be someone else. Now that I can be certain it was him it is rather humorous.

Cult Classics 07-20-2004 06:58 PM Holden Pike No, see this is me, Friend - wuv, Holden Pike
Cult Classics 07-20-2004 06:51 PM Holden Pike It wasn't Holden, but I'll keep giving you these hits if you'd like!
Cult Classics 07-20-2004 06:35 PM Holden Pike Yes, it's true Holden is not universally popular. But he's funnier, wittier and smarter than you.

I understand what the fuss is all about although it doesn't affect me. I only have been given negative rep once, and I am pretty good at making sure my name is attatched to both my positive and negative rep point notes (and if I didn't it's because I forgot). I am glad this will stop some of those confusing bad rep points though and clear up mis-conceptions. The way I see it is, rep points are a way of giving input on a post (other than responding to them). A bad rep point should be used as constructive criticism and if the giver feels so strongly that the bad rep is deserved they should have enough chutzpah to sign their name as well.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

again, you are at the highest level "Zeiken is just...wow", so, i don't really see how you can complain so much, but here ya go anyway

I ate all your bees.
Originally Posted by Shaolin
Cult Classics 07-20-2004 06:58 PM Holden Pike No, see this is me, Friend - wuv, Holden Pike
Cult Classics 07-20-2004 06:51 PM Holden Pike It wasn't Holden, but I'll keep giving you these hits if you'd like!
Cult Classics 07-20-2004 06:35 PM Holden Pike Yes, it's true Holden is not universally popular. But he's funnier, wittier and smarter than you.

Well, it's fun seeing Holden Pike flatter himself in his negative reputation marks towards me while pretending to be someone else. Now that I can be certain it was him it is rather humorous.
hahaha. Busted.

I See You When You're Sleeping
Yes, giving me bad rep was also an accident Equilibrium ?

I ate all your bees.
And me? :P