Batman 5

Tools    

There are those who call me...Tim.
Bah, they should've left it at 3. I know Batman Forever wasn't brilliant, and it was definately aimed at the kiddies, but it still had that same Batman/Dark Knight feel about it that the first 2 had. And Michael Caine as Alfred? Ugh..

im guessing once u post a title for spoilers ahead that there should be information instead of a blank rite?
You did know you're supposed to highlight it to read it.....right?
That was hilarious by the way

Theres no way in hell this new Batman movie will be half as bad as the last one. Although thats not saying much.

"Youre not taking me to the cooler!!"

In Tyler We Trust
Batman

This is a Link to a video that shows intros the batmoblie
http://www.ugo.com/channels/filmTv/e...rticleID=11829

When does the Trailer Come Out?

In Tyler We Trust
Anyone see a Picture of the Scarecrow yet? if so please post a picture i wonder what he looks like

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Zeiken
Does anyone here read comic books? I do. And lemme tell ya, i LOVED, ABSOLUTLEY LOVED the work on the recent 'Hush' series by Loeb, Lee, and Williams. So dark, so bleak, so wonderful. Broken city wasnt nearly as good, but alright.
If we could see some of this kind of genious in the films, it would bring Batman to a new level. who knows, maybe one day i'll be a famous director, and will be offered Batman 7, or 8. Yeah baby.
I'd definetley go for the R rating, follow maybe Black and White or something like that. I've never liked burtons work on the series. He tries way to hard sometimes to be artistic and unique.
I read, and I also liked Hush. Some of the titles I grab from time to time...

Batman
New X-men
(R.I.P)
Planetary (It's baaaaaaack)
Promethea
Ultimate X-men
1602 (limited)

I tend to follow authors more than titles, but always have an X title in there somewhere. I tend to keep an eye out for...

G. Morrison
B. Bendis
N. Gaiman
A. Moore
F. Miller
W. Ellis

I like the more adult themed, darker books, and 'ol New X-men just went in the toilet, changed it title and I quit grabbing it because Claremont took over ( I think Claremont is one of the worst writers in comics, and cannot understand why people like his stuff, and lets face it, Byrne was behind The Dark Phoenix Saga, CC rode his coat tails to fame.)

I also tend to like limited story arcs as well, that have a resolution within a few months, none of this ten year story arch bull**** (Claremont again). Stuff like 1602, Ronin, Watchmen, V for Vendetta, E is for Extinction, Hush, and The Dark Knight Returns are some of my fav storylines.

Looking forward to...

Astonishing X-men (Whedon)
I have also heard rumor Bryan Singer is up to pen some X-Men stuff, which I would be interested in reading.

Originally Posted by Sedai
I tend to follow authors more than titles, but always have an X title in there somewhere. I tend to keep an eye out for...

G. Morrison
B. Bendis
N. Gaiman
A. Moore
F. Miller
W. Ellis
I Love bendis and miller, but im not to farmiliar with morrison, what has he done?

Oh, and how did you feel about Black and White?

Originally Posted by Sedai
Looking forward to...

Astonishing X-men (Whedon)
I have also heard rumor Bryan Singer is up to pen some X-Men stuff, which I would be interested in reading.
Hell yea, im stoked for Astonishing X. I Have a promo poster on my wall!

A system of cells interlinked
I Love bendis and miller, but im not to farmiliar with morrison, what has he done?
The New X-men Issues 114-154 or so, The Invisibles, The Filth (hard core but good), Tales of the Dark Knight (Gothic)

Oh, and how did you feel about Black and White?
I haven't heard of it, but will check it out...

Hell yea, im stoked for Astonishing X. I Have a promo poster on my wall!
Have you read any of Alan Moore's stuff? Check out V for Vendetta if you have a chance, old school art but it's a killer story...and then there is Watchmen (which I feel is one of the best arcs ever)

Originally Posted by Psion
This is a Link to a video that shows intros the batmoblie
http://www.ugo.com/channels/filmTv/e...rticleID=11829

When does the Trailer Come Out?
Below is from previous post # 74.....

Originally Posted by jrs
You've all seen pics of the new Batmobile in N.Y.C. right???? Well, take a look a look at this live video footage of the event.

The teaser will be before i,Robot.

Originally Posted by Ash_Lee
I know Batman Forever wasn't brilliant, and it was definately aimed at the kiddies, but it still had that same Batman/Dark Knight feel about it that the first 2 had.
No it didn't. The whole direction of Batman was changed in the third one. They changed the Batmobile for god's sake! ****** Stupid! Also, the city was changed, the directing approach was changed and the even the musical score was re-written. The fourth was a joke but the third was one of the biggest dissapointments to me that I can think of. Kilmer was a good Bruce Wayne but they should've stuck with Tim Burton and Michael Keaton to make the third one and then ended it. And Chris Odonnel was a fag.

Personally, I'm not liking this Batman. It just doesn't look good. The cast, the car, the emblem, the suit. To me, it's not shaping up to be worth a damn. I'll see it anyway but I won't be expecting much unless the footage is promising.

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Krackalackin
Personally, I'm not liking this Batman. It just doesn't look good. The cast, the car, the emblem, the suit. To me, it's not shaping up to be worth a damn. I'll see it anyway but I won't be expecting much unless the footage is promising.
What's wrong with the cast?

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
im extremely disappointed with the latest in the batman series. Burton was is and ever shall be a complete genius, to change his unique style of what is essentially his film is ludacris. I love the darkly gothic style of the sets and costumes and the decadent feel to glamorous parties and events in Gotham city. Point: Gotham is not New York! it is gotham city with its on style, feel and design, and its stupid to make it into something it isn't.

Dont get me wrong i love batman films and i will see this one but i hate prequels, they just annoy me intensely. The logo, the car, the style, i think it's poo poo, the car looks horrific and the logo looks dated-i kno its a prequel but its not set too far in the past.

And i love micahel caine to bits, i really do but i just cant see him as Alfred. I think these films have gotten progressively worse and i believe none of the films after Batman VS catwoman were really that good-that ones my fave

In think the worse one in the series has got to be Batman VS Mr Freeze, George Clooney was so obviously not right for the part i laughed when someone said he was to be the caped crusader. He lacked that dark, mysterious quality that Batman is. I thought Val Kilmer did an OK job but the film was too jokey and wasn't quite as gothic and evil as it should have been.

I know actors hate to be pigeon holed but Gary Oldman is so good at playing the baddie, why the hell is he playing a young commisioner Gordon-what bright spark came up with that one?

I say bring back Catwoman and Burton for some revenge style capers, a continuation of the Catwoman film. None of this Halle Berry Rubbish, get Michelle back

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by undercoverlover
Burton was is and ever shall be a complete genius, to change his unique style of what is essentially his film is ludacris.
Disagreed. Part of the fun of working with new directors is getting variable interpretations on the same subject. Sometimes, you get bad interpretations (proven by Joel Schumacher), but that doesn't mean there can't be good ones, either. For example, Alfonso Cuaron did a great job altering the Harry Potter series by using his own style for The Prisoner of Azkaban to complement the groundwork already laid out by Chris Columbus. And while I believe Sam Raimi is amazing, I'd like to eventually see someone else' interpretation of Spiderman. Don't count this Batman flick out until you see it, because you might be pleasantly surprised. And if it turns out to be garbage, then you can sign onto MoFo and rub my face in it all you want.

I love the darkly gothic style of the sets and costumes and the decadent feel to glamorous parties and events in Gotham city. Point: Gotham is not New York! it is gotham city with its on style, feel and design, and its stupid to make it into something it isn't.
Agreed. Gotham City exists as a strange amalgam of "City of Tomorrow" architecture, with 30's/40's noir elements thrown in. But I haven't even seen any concrete "city" sets yet for this film, so I have no idea what Gotham is going to look like. For all I know, the sets will be right on the money, or way off base.

The logo, the car, the style, i think it's poo poo, the car looks horrific and the logo looks dated-i kno its a prequel but its not set too far in the past.
That logo is the best Batman logo there ever was - not the yellow and black oval, because that one makes no sense. And the logo isn't going to decide if the film is enjoyable or not, nor the car, nor the style. The acting is going to be key here, and I think they've got a stellar cast to work with. As long as the director has a competent head on his shoulders, he'll use those big names right - and that'll decide the fate of this film.

And i love micahel caine to bits, i really do but i just cant see him as Alfred.
Oh, I can. Alfred isn't supposed to be some tongue-biting "yes" man. He actually has alot to do with Bruce Wayne's creation of the Batman persona, and that takes a pretty influential man. Michael Caine really played the wise companion of a troubled boy well in Secondhand Lions.

I know actors hate to be pigeon holed but Gary Oldman is so good at playing the baddie, why the hell is he playing a young commisioner Gordon-what bright spark came up with that one?
Although he's not who I would have chosen to play Gordon, I still think he should be given a chance. It's always great to see Oldman play non-villains, because people forget that he's quite the versatile actor.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
i agree that Gary Oldman is an incredibly talented actor but i think his talents would be better put to use in this film as playing a villain.

And yes a new director can always add to the brilliance of the film but i think Tim Burton has put such a concrete style to these films that i think is amazing that it shouldnt really be tampered with.

I'm not saying the logo or car carry whether the film will be successful but the batman logo is the most recognisable part of the whole package, i think it has been modernised to suit the times but that looked good, i suppose its a personal thing, i just happen to not like this logo. I don't know jack about cars but i just think the look of a prop has to be just right and i think that car is dog ugly.

I saw secondhand lions and i fell in love with it, i thought the story was excellent and robert duvall and Michael Caine did excellent jobs but i Alfred has always been this very gentle retiring soul who always gently pushed Bruce in the right direction. I will have to see some footage but i think it could have been given to someone else.

at most they should have left the car alone.