Guinea Pig

→ in
Tools    

****in' A, man. I got a rash, man
Just curious what other members of the board think of this "movie"

IMO Guinea Pig is absolutely pointless but if you like movies that have no plot, direction, story, character etc you will love this 45 minute torture show
"You smell that? Do you smell that?... Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."

The Adventure Starts Here!
Oddly, your timing is perfect for asking this. I just got a guinea pig last week, and in the process beforehand of researching what I needed and what to expect, I'd google "guinea pig" and that movie came up more than once. And when I googled "guinea pig" under Images, well, yuck.

I was perversely curious about how this movie (or is there more than one? got the impression there was a sequel) came into being and who the heck was watching it, etc. But I wasn't curious enough to start really looking too deeply into any of the web sites associated with the movie.

Odd that the same week I inadvertently "find" this movie, you mention it here. Has anyone here actually seen it (besides you)?

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Huh?
http://www.mandiapple.com/snowblood/ginipiggu.htm

Originally Posted by Austruck
Oh, there are two other Guinea Pig movies with different titles. I just chose this one semi-randomly.
Guinea Pig: Devil's Experiment
Guinea Pig 2: Flower of Flesh and Blood
Guinea Pig 3: He Never Dies
Guinea Pig 4: Mermaid In A Manhole
Guinea Pig 5: Android of Notre Dame
Guinea Pig 6: Devil Woman Doctor

I've seen the first and second in the series and they're both horrific

Snuff?
Basically...but it's not real, just very disturbing

"Lovingly made on a miniscule budget with barely enough cash to cover incidental music, and shot extra-cheaply on video for the Japanese home-movie industry, the series gained global notoriety in 1991, all thanks to the American actor Charlie Sheen, who, on viewing some of the films, got the idea that somehow the (obviously) fake snuff movies in the series (such as Devil's Experiment) were actually real snuff movies. He then waged a personal war against the series, reporting the films to the Motion Picture Association of America and the FBI, and taking an active and public part in stopping the export of the series all over the world. Since then, several countries' customs departments have participated in seizing imports of the films, and in one case, prosecuting a horror fan who tried to have a DVD shipped to England (stopping short of jailing him, but slapping him with a £600 GBP fine once it was established in court that the film in question, Flower of Flesh and Blood, was not a real snuff movie)."

Oh yeah, i've heard of these, nothing more than the name though. Thought these were a new thing, not sure if i'd want to watch them.

When i read the first post I thought the thread was about filming your guinea pig....

Oh yeah, i've heard of these, nothing more than the name though. Thought these were a new thing, not sure if i'd want to watch them.

When i read the first post I thought the thread was about filming your guinea pig....
Take my advice and stay well away

It looks like a snuff movie shot on a home camcorder, there's extreme close ups of needles penetrating eyeballs

If the girl who plays the torture victim wasn't such a terrible actress this film would be even more disturbing than it already is

It has absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever

there's a frog in my snake oil
That'll be the snakebite eating your brain

You mean, like this?

Meet Murray. My newest baby.

My only real interest in the Guinea Pig franchise is as a Hideshi Hino completist, so I've never bothered seeking it out. Plus from what I've read his part in the series seems to have been as a publicity stunt at a low point in his life/career, and his prevalent exhibitionism has always come second to his otherworldly illustration style for me, which I'm not sure would carry over so well to low budget cinema.

Oh, and here's a funny asside, Charlie Sheen reported the second film to the FBI after seeing it, thinking it was a real snuff film.

Yes, Sheen was who I meant in post #9 in this thread. That's actually almost funny. Especially since his squawking has had the opposite effect and has increased curiosity about the films. DUH.

Originally Posted by linespalsy
My only real interest in the Guinea Pig franchise is as a Hideshi Hino completist, so I've never bothered seeking it out. Plus from what I've read his part in the series seems to have been as a publicity stunt at a low point in his life/career, and his prevalent exhibitionism has always come second to his otherworldly illustration style for me, which I'm not sure would carry over so well to low budget cinema.

Oh, and here's a funny asside, Charlie Sheen reported the second film to the FBI after seeing it, thinking it was a real snuff film.
I don't know anything about Hideshi Hino but according to imdb he was director of Guinea Pig 2: Flowers of Flesh and Blood and Guinea Pig 4: Mermaid in the Manhole...

That's a shame. Hino is a writer/artist who started out in the late 60s making period and science fiction comics but made his real breakthrough in the horror genre. His horror manga are pretty distinct, often told from a child's or monster's perspective, sometimes framed as confessionals or exhibitions put on by twisted individuals. Probably around 20 of his comics have been translated into English, of which some personal favorites are Panorama of Hell, Red Snake and Hell Baby.

Originally Posted by linespalsy
That's a shame. Hino is a writer/artist who started out in the late 60s making period and science fiction comics but made his real breakthrough in the horror genre. His horror manga are pretty distinct, often told from a child's or monster's perspective, sometimes framed as confessionals or exhibitions put on by twisted individuals. Probably around 20 of his comics have been translated into English, of which some personal favorites are Panorama of Hell, Red Snake and Hell Baby.

Interesting

Guinea Pig would have been so much better if he had added his obvious artistic flair to the overall style of the movie. It would have been so much more disturbing and probably would have amassed a large cult following.

I've always wanted to see it cause if your horror fan you have to,also its been banned in alot of countries so that makes it a must see.I read that the movie was beyond its time as being realistic but I dont really want to buy the boxset and also Im afraid that I probably couldnt handle it.