What if John Carpenter's The Thing was instead made by Roger Corman?

Tools    

Semper Fooey
It would have been a low budget movie.

Semper Fooey
Cool game. I'll play.

What if John Carpenter's The Thing was instead made by M. Night Shyamalan?

Semper Fooey
What if John Carpenter's The Thing was instead made by Tim Burton?

This game would be much better if posters actually took turns and answered the previous question...
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

This game would be much better if posters actually took turns and answered the previous question...
Righto.
Seeing as Will.15 was before mine, here goes.

Cool game. I'll play.

What if John Carpenter's The Thing was instead made by M. Night Shyamalan?
The whole thing would be draped in mysterious music written by James Newton Howard.
The main underlying factor of the film would involve certain characters having a special skill, Kurt Russell would be a reluctant leader who realises his military background will serve him well as a take charge character.
Other characters' skills would involve someone who was once a science fiction writer, who is able to decipher the strange series of events, and various other characters who can do similar things that allow the characters get through the whole thing with as little amount of deaths as possible.

The movie would end with Kurt Russell waking up in a state of confusion.
Kurt would be wondering if the entire movie was actually just a dream but just before the movie ends, a little nod to the movie's beginning would show in a brief scene, leaving the audience wondering if Kurt had dreamt the movie but now it's actually going to happen in real life.
Then the credits role.

Ok, mine again. What if John Carpenter's The Thing was directed by Michael Bay???

Semper Fooey
What if John Carpenter's The Thing was made by Michael Bay??????
Longer, louder, and a love triangle with a big busted babe

Anyways, back to what if The Thing was a Roger Corman film. I have to say, it defintely would've been more cheap if it were made by Corman (and probably wouldn't have been as gory either).

Semper Fooey
Lots of 360 pans and slapstick. Next.
In this swell new game when you answer a question, you have to next have a question if another director made The Thing.

In this swell new game when you answer a question, you have to next have a question if another director made The Thing.
I'll ping another one up then.

What if The Thing had instead been directed by...

... George Lucas???!!!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
We'd have several re-edited versions with lots of added scenes, F/X and people substituted for other people and things. Plus, it'd be rereleased in 3-D, although they all probably would, no matter who directed it. That was too obvious though.

That's 'cause Corman sucks.
blasphemy!

...but, if The Thing had been directed by Roger Corman, then it wouldn't be John Carpenter's best film.