Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Yeah, perhaps I can see why people were expecting more on those points then, just didn't think about it too much I guess.

I do like phasma as a henchman, but yes to be given this special outfit and lines i think she needed to have a bit more screen time than she got

Pretty much what Yods and Rambond said:

Everything about Phasma screamed major antagonist... even the trailers had her featured and made everyone excited...

I mean... everyone was thinking: A female Stormtooper? With super armour? A Stormtrooper actually given a name? With lines of dialogue? Played by a famous actress too?

... only to be sidelined in Force Awakens to the role of a tertiary, maybe even quarternary antagonist, with all of 30 seconds of screen time, and then quickly dispatched in TLJ.

My main gripe with force awakens is that the film makers are doing fan service, with all the similarities with a new hope and stuff, i would have much preffered to have nothing similar to what a new hope was, but i guess they tried to get the original fans and for the nee generation to enter the frey and like this franchise, im kinda skeptical about the last film in the trilogy, i m sure it won t be worse " than the last jedi ( revenge of the sith) anyone!!

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Pretty much what Yods and Rambond said:

Everything about Phasma screamed major antagonist... even the trailers had her featured and made everyone excited...

I mean... everyone was thinking: A female Stormtooper? With super armour? A Stormtrooper actually given a name? With lines of dialogue? Played by a famous actress too?

... only to be sidelined in Force Awakens to the role of a tertiary, maybe even quarternary antagonist, with all of 30 seconds of screen time, and then quickly dispatched in TLJ.
All of that plus toy marketing, I’m sure she got her own doll. This, among other things mentioned led to hype and interest in her character having some substance. She is a strong game of thrones character and was given next to nothing in the farce awakens... disappointing..why hire such a actor for such a role? Clearly another marketing manipulation to boost interest. Then there was talk of her having a more significant role in the sequel and it just wasn’t the case. But that’s the complaint of the whole movie, thin characters, nothing explored, it just keeps going, people keep talking but really about nothing, set pieces and action keeps happening predictably but there’s really nothing to it. No emotional connection with the characters, etc. For both films, the farce awakens and the last jar jar.

If we are going to argue say phasma vs bobba fett I would say fett has far more significance although who knows probably as little screen time. Think people would be a little disappointed if they knew say it was Tom cruise behind the mask but of course it wasn’t nor was it marketed in such a fashion.

>anybody bumping this thread and not letting it die a slow death

Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

You just bumped the thread, CDB.

You just bumped the thread.
It's already been done anyway. There's no going back.

No going back.

All of that plus toy marketing, I’m sure she got her own doll. This, among other things mentioned led to hype and interest in her character having some substance. She is a strong game of thrones character and was given next to nothing in the farce awakens... disappointing..why hire such a actor for such a role? Clearly another marketing manipulation to boost interest. Then there was talk of her having a more significant role in the sequel and it just wasn’t the case. But that’s the complaint of the whole movie, thin characters, nothing explored, it just keeps going, people keep talking but really about nothing, set pieces and action keeps happening predictably but there’s really nothing to it. No emotional connection with the characters, etc. For both films, the farce awakens and the last jar jar.
THAT'S IT. I'M GOING TO PUT AN END TO THIS THREAD RIGHT NOW.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Christ, who's Bumping this thread, such losers. Get over it.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
THAT'S IT. I'M GOING TO PUT AN END TO THIS THREAD RIGHT NOW.

Do it! Use your hatred! Strike it down! Good, goooooooooodddd.

Lets move onto the next movie. Its been 2 years. Want to vent vent in the new movie thread. Episode 9 seems much more interesting to talk over because it has lots of what ifs and will JJ change some things because has rewritten Episode 9 twice since Last Jedi was so beloved by fans.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
In other news RT have revamped the site and removed the "want to see" user percentage. Could be just a coincidence of course but the Episode 9 figure was embarrassingly low, wouldn't be the first time we've seen shenanigans in relation to SW on RT.

More likely to be related to Captain Marvel and that controversy though if that's why it's been changed.