ABBA

Tools    

Are there per chance any ABBA fans? They have a cool youtube channel.
Oh yeah. Dancing Queen was used in the episode of the same name in the series Rik Mayall Presents. It was my favourite of those films and it's memorable for me. I feel like ABBA are a bit like Queen, really: nothing's held back.

To Beatle (one of my favorite MoFo's) ... Yes an ABBA fan here.

I'm also a fan of a German group called Dschinghis Khan - they had an ABBA-esque sound and like ABBA they grew to fame by competing in the Eurovision Song Contest (ABBA won it in 1974 while D.Khan competed in 1979). In addition to wearing costumes and having a bit of dancing in their performances, one of D.K.'s shticks was that most of their songs were about geography or history. If you like ABBA you may also like Dschinghis Khan. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dschinghis_Khan

YES!
my favourites are:
Does your mother know
knowing me knowing you
one of us
so long
voulez vous
chiquitita-the eeeeend gives me life

actually i like all of their songs and it changes up which is my favourite

YES!
my favourites are:
Does your mother know
knowing me knowing you
one of us
so long
voulez vous
chiquitita-the eeeeend gives me life

actually i like all of their songs and it changes up which is my favourite
I like all of those too. The ironic thing is the only song I don't really care for is Dancing Queen. Probably because it was their big hit and was overplayed - I've always been like that. I always like the "B" side of albums rather than the song that made the top ten.

I like ABBA's songs with a Latin sound (Chiquitita and Fernando). All time favorite is still Waterloo (brings back memories of Muriel's Wedding - which we had some discussions about here a few months back.)

Hey, while we're on the subject, I heard Mamma Mia is great. Is it worth checking out? I'm sure someone wrote a review.

btw, I also like all their songs, what a combo. you've got two musical geniuses, Benny and Bjorn and two of the classiest ladies out there.

Hey, while we're on the subject, I heard Mamma Mia is great. Is it worth checking out? I'm sure someone wrote a review.
As much as I love ABBA, I've never seen Mamma Mia, the stage show or movie.

yeah im like that too,i very rarely listen to dancing queen.
its sad that its like that though,cos usually songs gets played alot because they`re good-i have a lot of songs that i like but just dont listen to because of that.

personally i hated it. its as chickflick as it gets and most of the characters are incredibly annoying.
however its got colin firth in it though so thats a plus

As much as I love ABBA, I've never seen Mamma Mia, the stage show or movie.
Just go and see it.

yeah im like that too,i very rarely listen to dancing queen.
its sad that its like that though,cos usually songs gets played alot because they`re good-i have a lot of songs that i like but just dont listen to because of that.
You know what? That very same thing happened to me with

I must of seen that so many times, even bullets couldn't hurt me any more. I'm becomming like Keith Richards - he can't be killed by conventional weapons.

Muriel's Wedding was the first thing I thought of when I seen this thread. Hey Beatle, have you seen Muriel's Wedding? It will make you smile.
Sorry that I'm 12 mins late, but I was occupied with my Alec thread.

No, haven't even heard of it. ok, it's on my watch list. thanks Rules!

btw, do you like ABBA?

Mamma Mia is dreadful - if you like Abba and don't mind people that can't really sing murder their music then you might get something out of it I guess. Muriel's Wedding is far, far, far superior in just about every regard imo.

As far as liking Abba goes .... Agnetha was my first real 'crush'