Things that annoy you...

Tools    

Just bought a small bag of Brach's Autumn Mix.

And not a single pumpkin to be found. Not cool.
Also uncool is buying whole nut chocolate, to find they took it literally. One whole nut in the whole thing.

Disappointing.

Pumpkin is one of the very few common-ish foods i don't think i've actually eaten. I don't even remember ever trying anything pumpkin flavoured, weird.
I've hollowed one out into a freakish decoration but that's where my interests end.

England was Australia's mother country and you're part of the common wealth. What emblem do you want instead?
Lame. India is also part of the Commonwealth as is Canada. Do they fly the Union Jack? Having a distinct Australiana emblem would give us a clear identity.
Can you get anything more Australian than this? We should discuss this on the Aussie thread.

Lame. India is also part of the Commonwealth as is Canada. Do they fly the Union Jack? Having a distinct Australiana emblem would give us a clear identity.
Can you get anything more Australian than this? We should discuss this on the Aussie thread.
Why do you care about your flag? I'm from Scotland, i'd quickly sell the rights to our flag if i owned it. The Union Jack is terrible, horrible symbol of so much suffering. But that doesn't seem like you or anyone elses objection, it seems more Cricket (the sport) related?

Having a distinct Australiana emblem would give us a clear identity.
Can you get anything more Australian than this?
If Australians don’t have a clear identity after 300 years, I doubt they ever will.

The Australian flag, including the Union Jack, was designed by Australians in a public competition. Nobody forced the flag upon them.

Do you really want a kangaroo on the national flag?

When I'm at work trying to talk to someone on the phone and someone else standing at the front desk or in the lobby keeps answering the questions I'm trying to ask the person on the other end of the line. It's distracting and makes it difficult to hear the person I'm actually talking to.

If I'm holding a phone up to my ear and not making any eye contact with you, then I'm not talking to you!

Annoying that Dunkin Donuts does not have reduced coffee this season if the Pats win. In 2015 we got free coffee when they won & the last couple of years we got discounted coffee. This year - nada.

But if the Eagles win, the customers can get a half-price medium coffee. In fact, on all games day they can get coffee for $1.

And when the Ravens win, customers get a free coffee.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
When I'm at work trying to talk to someone on the phone and someone else standing at the front desk or in the lobby keeps answering the questions
Miss Vicky on the phone: Okay, baby, we'll have fun tonight!
Guy at the front desk:
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Annoying that Dunkin Donuts does not have reduced coffee this season if the Pats win. In 2015 we got free coffee when they won & the last couple of years we got discounted coffee. This year - nada.

But if the Eagles win, the customers can get a half-price medium coffee. In fact, on all games day they can get coffee for $1.

And when the Ravens win, customers get a free coffee.

It's even more annoying when McDonald's sends notifications for the wrong team to my phone.

Hubby and I went to Philadelphia for the weekend over a year ago, and the McDonald's app started sending me notifications for free chicken nuggets when the Phillies score 5 or more runs in a game. But I can't get them because I'm in New York, so it's not shown as a coupon in the actual app, and McD's around here won't honor it from the notification.

But when the Mets turn a double play, I get both the notification and the app coupon for a BOGO Signature Crafted Chicken Sandwich, which is about $6 - $7 for 1 sandwich, and I have no interest in spending that much for a McD's sandwich. (I can get a much better sandwich for that price (or less) from over a dozen restaurants around here.)

I've hollowed one out into a freakish decoration but that's where my interests end.
And to @Camo

You two have never had pumpkin pie before?

And to @Camo

You two have never had pumpkin pie before?
No, but I'm English so perhaps it's not as much of a thing .

I hate the fact i have to send myself a text on valentine because i'm single af.
i hate that my club has gone 14years without winning the premier league.
I hate when someone asks me if i'm hungry and do not then offer me food. Why did you ask, gotdamn?
I hate that i'm unemployed, ugh

I hate the fact i have to send myself a text on valentine because i'm single af.

I'm single af too.

i hate that my club has gone 14years without winning the premier league.
Is that Arsenal?

A couple of things I don't like:

Obviously posed (occasionally called 'surfing') promotional images for TV shows. I think they're supposed to look dynamic but end up looking static as buggery.

Unnecessarily censored dialogue for films and TV (this is UK TV):

Back to the Future Part III was on last night and I noticed that when Tannen bites the manure the sheriff says "Get him out of that —" and they cut the expletive. They obviously show the same, censored edit so that they can have it on earlier in the day or in the evening. I've seen horrible edits to Blackadder and Red Dwarf as well and they make me wince. For example the Black Seal episode of The Black Adder omits the entire introduction for Sean the Irish Bastard (funny enough Movie Forums allowed that word ).

I was in Dunkin Donuts this a.m. (soon to be Dunkin ) minding my own business when this young guy at the next table asks me to keep an eye on his iPhone + his bag so he can go outside for a smoke. He has nothing on his table to eat or drink so I don’t know why he couldn’t take his stuff with him. I said I would watch them & we then have a very boring convo about me being British. (Meanwhile, I am desperately trying to unwind after volunteer work.) Eventually he goes outside & takes FOREVER to smoke his cigarette. Meanwhile I am ready to go & went out & told him so. He says he’s almost done so I go back inside. He’s still not done so I went out & said man, I gotta go!

I have to watch out for him in future since I go there all the time. There is something about me that makes weird men glom on to me.

Having a noise outside in the distance some nights that sounds exactly like one layer of my tinnitus... and no, it's not my actual tinnitus because I've asked others if they can hear it and they can. It's just hard to distinguish at night in bed.

This thing:

My brother has posted a couple of videos of my little 2 year old nephew dancing to it and now it's stuck in my head.

Women who carry everything but the kitchen sink in their handbags, so when they rest them on stands holding chocolate bars while they root around those HUMUNGOUS GAPING BLACK HOLES for what seems like a few eternities for their money purse, they take the whole stand down with them under that weight.

People who think gender is some sort of indication of character. It isn't.