The Master

Tools    

The number one reason why I suspect I won't like this movie is because I haven't liked any of the PTA movies I've seen previouly. I did not like There Will Be Blood, Punch-Drunk Love or Boogie Nights.
Ah, well that would explain it. Did you see Magnolia? I would recommend you give that a chance regardless of your thoughts on his other movies. You might even like Hard Eight, I don't know. In my opinion PTA's movies are sufficiently different enough that not liking them is explained by coincidence rather that distaste for his directorial style.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Sweeet I've been waiting for a movie about Scientology.

Ah, well that would explain it. Did you see Magnolia? I would recommend you give that a chance regardless of your thoughts on his other movies. You might even like Hard Eight, I don't know. In my opinion PTA's movies are sufficiently different enough that not liking them is explained by coincidence rather that distaste for his directorial style.
I haven't. I've only seen the three I listed. I'll keep your suggestions in mind, but I'm not making any promises.

Looks like Jonny Greenwood from Radiohead is doing the soundtrack. Could this be any better?

PTA is a really talented director. I've liked everything by him thus far. At any rate, I'm just relieved that this made it off the ground to begin with. The Scientologists were really trying to shoot this down for awhile there in the initial stages of development.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?

New trailer out. Good god, I want.. I want real bad.

I see OT being between this and Djano unchained for best film of the year

In the Beginning...
I'm all for people watching more PTA, but honestly, I find it hard to imagine someone significantly disliking some of his films but loving others.
You know, I really like Boogie Nights and There Will Be Blood, and I'm a fan of his short Coffee & Cigarettes... but I just can't stand Magnolia. Can't stand it.

The film is such a grueling, self-serving emotional gauntlet that I ended up feeling nothing when I finally reached the end. It was still mining me hard for tears long after I had moved, emotionally speaking, from "This is heart-wrenching and important" to "I really want some Funyuns."

P.T Anderson is one of the best directors to come out of Hollywood in the last two decades. He hasn't made a bad film yet. This could get him that academy award and Phillip Seymour Hoffman his second.

Really looking forward to this! The official trailer looks awesome.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I'm completely excited too. This looks really interesting. With the exception ofThere Will Be Blood I've loved everything Anderson has done and I really liked two-thirds of that movie.

I saw on the telly that Tom Cruise had a private screening of the movie and was apparently not entirely pleased.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?

Jesus Christ. I want to roll Joaquin's performance into a little ball and consume it.