2015 MoFo Challenge Completion Thread

Tools    

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Logged everything in the second post and I'll log it into the achievement posts soon.

I'm going to go watch two Egbert movies. I'm woefully behind.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I completed this challenge. It wasn't easy, but it was a lot of fun.

Forum Wide Challenges
Complete the alphabet in terms of films you watch. Taking the first letter of each film try and tick off all 26 letters of the alphabet.
A: And Then There Were None (1945)
B: Blindfold (1965)
C: The Chumscrubber (2005)
D: Double Indemnity (1944)
E: E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
F: Foxcatcher (2014)
G: Gone Girl (2014)
H: Happy New Year (1987)
I: In a Lonely Place (1950)
J: Jane Eyre (1943)
K: Kissin' Cousins (1964)
L: Laura (1944)
M: The Moon-Spinners (1964)
N: Nightcrawler (2014)
O: Out of the Past (1947)
P: Pickup on South Street (1953)
Q: Quiz Show (1994)
R: Roustabout (1964)
S: Strait-Jacket (1964)
T: Topkapi (1964)
U: Up (2009)
V: Viva Las Vegas (1964)
W: Where Love Has Gone (1964)
X: X: The Man with the X-Ray Eyes (1963)
Y: Young Cassidy (1965)
Z: Zulu (1964)

Well done, gbg. You're really tearing through these things. I've only ticked off seven of the 26 so far.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I just looked and I only have nine letters left. K, L, O, Q, U, V, W, X, and Z. I haven't been paying attention to that, so not bad.

I completed another challenge. I was going to watch a Cary Grant movie for the 1930s decade, but then I realized that All Quiet on the Western Front from the 6th Hall of Fame is from 1930, and it completed my decades list.

And just for the record, none of these movies are duplicated on my list from JayDee's alphabet challenge.

Forum Wide Challenges
Watch a film from each decade between the 1930s and the 2010s. So that's a film from 9 separate decades.
1930s: All Quiet on the Western Front (1930)
1940s: Shadow of a Doubt (1943)
1950s: The Wrong Man (1956)
1960s: The Art of Love (1965)
1970s: Aguirre, the Wrath of God (1972)
1980s: Against All Odds (1984)
1990s: A Perfect World (1993)
2000s: The World's Fastest Indian (2005)
2010s: Wolf Children (2012)

I've got to start keeping track of the alphabet one so I'll do it one this post. I'm only including movies I saw after the challenge was posted and movies I have never seen before.

A. Alyce Kills
B.
C. Chop Shop
D. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
E.
F.
G. Guardians of the Galaxy
H. How To Train Your Dragon 2
I.
J.
K. Killer of Sheep
L.
M.
N. The Night Stalker
O.
P. A Prairie Home Companion
Q.
R.
S. Shane
T.
U
V
W
X
Y. You're Next
Z

I'm forgetting some so I'll add them as they come to me.

I finished Raul's challenge so I'll log that in a minute.

A Prairie Home Companion and Shane rounded out my challenge from Raul. The first was Altman at his best. Funny with engaging performances. Say what you want about Lyndsey Lohan, but she could have been a good actress and performer had she not been such a train wreck.

Shane was oh so pretty and grand with good performances but ultimately I got very impatient with it and have to admit I was glad when it was over.

I completed another challenge. This was was kind of fun. Most of the movies weren't great, but for the most part, they were all enjoyable movies.

I challenge gbg to watch one film made by each of the six main Friends.
Jennifer Aniston: The Bounty Hunter (2010)
Courteney Cox: 3000 Miles to Graceland (2001)
Lisa Kudrow: Romy and Michele's High School Reunion (1997)
Matt LeBlanc: Charlie's Angels (2000)
Matthew Perry: Serving Sara (2002)
David Schwimmer: Kissing a Fool (1998)

Congrats, gbg. Glad it wasn't too painful.

Thanks. I enjoyed this challenge.

I like the challenges where I can pick the movies that I want to watch based on some specific criteria, (like this challenge, the alphabet challenge, and the decades challenge), rather than having to watch specific movies that I might not like.

I challenge Miss Vicky and honeykid to try out Game of Thrones, even if it's only a couple of episodes. I know you're both hesitant because of it being fantasy but actually that only plays really quite a small part in the show. Vicky in particular could/should like it; it's mainly about sex and perversion. If there was just a cat or two in there it would probably be your favourite show ever.

In exchange I'll agree to watch (and if possible review) say, 2 or 3 films of your choosing. That's 2 or 3 each, not 2 or 3 you both agree on.

I just finished the first two episodes of Game of Thrones, Season One.

So far I'm enjoying watching all the little scandals and intrigues unfold, though was saddened by the ending of the second episode (poor Lady and the butcher's boy ). Thus far Tyrion is my favorite character and I don't expect that will change.

I've borrowed Season One from the library and have until 3/21 to return it so in all likelihood I'll finish the season - then possibly move on to Season Two. The foreshadowing with Khaleesi and the dragon's eggs has me a little worried though. My dislike of fantasy is what has kept me away from this show until now.

BTW, I'd forgotten about that "in exchange" part. I'll have to give it a think and come up with some films to challenge JayDee with.

There's not a great deal of fantasy in the first season, MV. Enough to be annoying, but not anything like as much as I'd feared. Much of it feels more like a medieval drama, which is why I quite liked it and tried season 2.

Had a sleepless night so at this point I think I'm only 1 or 2 episodes away from finishing Season 1. So far mostly so good. Not keen on the "white walkers" bit, but otherwise I like it so far.

Finished seasons 2 and 3 of Game of Thrones and have watched 6 episodes of season 4, so I'm almost all the way caught up now. Still getting very irritated by the dragons, zombies, blood magic, and visions, but loving everything else.

Still getting very irritated by the dragons, zombies, blood magic, and visions, but loving everything else.
Also irritating: Giants and mammoths.

Welcome to the human race...
Question about the alphabet challenge - does it matter if there is a "The" in the title?

Question about the alphabet challenge - does it matter if there is a "The" in the title?
Ignore the The and go to the next word.

Speaking of ignoring, I'm not doing that to this thread, I just have no time at the moment and will catch up later.