The Fifth Hall of Fame

Tools    

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I've seen seven of the nominated films so I've got lots of new stuff to watch this time.

After I have all the lists in for this round, I'll put it to a vote as to whether we want to induct one or two films from this set.

I can't wait to see which two from the 4th get inducted.

Also, before this gets started if anyone feels like they aren't going to be able to completely watch all movies, please let me know as soon as possible.

I have no idea what is going on with several members from last group.

Is it OK if I still sign up without nominating a film? I want to nominate a film if it's necessary, but I reckoned 16 movies in three months might be a little too much for some people...

Is it OK if I still sign up without nominating a film? I want to nominate a film if it's necessary, but I reckoned 16 movies in three months might be a little too much for some people...
I decided not to do it that way, Cobpyth. Without knowing how many people are going to sign up, I couldn't foresee whether 3 months would be enough time so now we just get as many weeks as there are movies to watch them. Also this time I'm throwing in an extra four weeks due to the holidays.

So it's fine if you want to nominate something. You always nominate something good that I haven't seen, so I hope you do.

Putting together the list now.

Cobpyth, I'll just add yours if you get it to me after I'm done.

Talk about good timing; Bluedeed's nomination, Claire's Knee, is on TCM late tonight.

I've seen 6 of these and think highly of all of them.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Yeah, a very somber Hall of Fame this time. I think my nomination is breezy and charming mostly throughout, but it's certainly not a comedy.

From what TokeZa said about his pick, I was expecting A Man Escaped. Ordet makes sense in that context, and it's a better film, so I'm not sad that I guessed wrong

I've seen seven of the films and really liked all of them, especially Woman Under the Influence and Wizard of Oz is one of the movies I hold so dear it's beyond a favorite. I'm going to fight for that one.

Has anyone seen my nomination other than Sane? I hope people will like it. It's a movie that takes a very sad subject but deals with it in a very warm and inspiring way. Wadjda is anything but a sad character.

From my top 200 that I did a couple years back, I have 2 of the nominations separated by 9 spots, and another 2 separated by only 3 spots.

I never heard of your movie before, Godoggo.

I forgot this part: of all the movies I haven't seen, I'm really excited to see Purple Noon. I love the Ripley books and I even like the Matt Damon movie and really like the John Malcovich one.