MoFo Fantasy Baseball - The 2013 Regular Season

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I think I topped out at two.

I'm looking at 5 of the top 8 picks, though, and one of 'em three separate times. Which almost sounds made up.
but Tongs gave u Zobrist. so that makes up for lots.

Heh. This isn't a contest, but if it were, that deal wouldn't make up for anything: I gave him Cabrera, who's now the #2 SS by a significant margin (and 26th overall player) on ESPN's Player Rater.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Everytime I take 2 steps forward, I just go 2 steps backwards the next day. Batting a ridiculously awful 2 for 19 thus far. And those hits are homers from Uggla and Moustakas

7 all stars on my fantasy team this year. Shelby Miller I'm somewhat surprised didn't make it as he's been solid all year minus 2 bad starts.

The only Ray to make the all-stars is Ben Zobrist. Damn youze Yoda!

Probably wont have a spot for him much longer anyway with Jeter soon returning, and Nick Franklin being solid as my 2B.

Oh the pitching streaming temptations too great! Tyler Chatwood was just calling to me with his era in the 2's "TONGO! Im going up against the Padres TONGO! Do ya got da guts?!"

I've been out of commission for about a week and I fell by about 10 points -_- On the bright side, my team the Giants have lost 11 out of 14 or some awful number! Wait, I totally did that wrong. Time to trim the fat on my team and hope Everth Cabrera starts stealing bucketloads of bases.

A system of cells interlinked
Uh...OK... I checked pitching for the week on Sunday, and set all my starters. When i logged in yesterday morning, Zack and Mike Minor were on my bench again, but had starts yesterday. I moved them up again and saved. Since it had glitched, I took extra care to make sure the changes were saved and in place.

I log in again today, and all my pitching changes from the entire week are reverted and my two aces missed their starts??? The two guys I made SURE were saved yesterday morning? This is total ********.

I definitely hit save changes. I checked this stuff twice at two different times, one being the actual day of the starts....

I don't get it, When do the changes stick? Why do changes made on days ahead keep reverting? They used to stick if I made a change ahead of time... Some days I can't monitor yahoo so closely that I can be on the computer 30 mins before games start... but it seems like that is required.

I absolutely needed those starts, and I missed them both, and it is definitely, most certainly, not a case of me not hitting save changes, because when it reverted the first time, I made sure to log out of my browser completely and log back in to make sure the changes stuck, which they had at the time.

None of the moves I am making are sticking, What gives?

Hmmmm. 99% of the time when these things happen, the answer is that lineups don't carry forward on days you've already saved. If you never set a day in advance, then whatever you went into the last day with always be the lineup going forward. But if you DID set a day in advance, that day will stay as-is even if you change parts of the lineup before it.

So, if on Friday you move someone from BN to UT in advance for Sunday, and then go back and change some SP thing on Saturday...that Sunday you already saved will NOT be updated with it. It's locked in because you specifically set it in advance.

Would that potentially explain the issues?

NOTE: there is a notable exception to this general rule, detailed two posts below.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
If you added someone from the waivers it will change the top two pitchers (who are usually your starters) for the next five days to who they were before you set your starting pitchers. Why? Don't know.

Okay, some clarification on what I said above, and what Mark just referred to. It notes an important exception to the general way lineups carry forward. Here's the official explanation from the league's Help area:

If you've set your lineup in advance for future dates, please note that these changes will be reset if you add a player via free-agency, trade, or waivers. All future lineups will be reset to match your lineup for the day the new player is added.
As for the why, I assume it's that it doesn't really have any way to mediate between conflicting changes; it can't know what to do with a preset lineup that isn't possible any more, so it reverts to the last one. I'm not sure that this is terribly intuitive, but I get the reasoning.

Sorry this happened to you Mike, but the thing is a ridiculously finicky bitch. Ev-ery-time I make a change to my roster, even if its just moving a guy from the bench, I check to see if my future lineups still set. Remember when you get someone off waivers, the lineup you set for future dates is nullified too.

Yeah, I give up. I've lost about 10 points the past 2 days. My team is just not this bad, yet I can't catch any lucky breaks. My pitchers can't buy a win. I can't get a steal to save my life (even when I picked up league leaders for steals), and a save is about a once a week occurance. Sorry just felt like venting again but for pete's sake, where the hell is my break!!!!!!!!!

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Yeah, I give up. I've lost about 10 points the past 2 days. My team is just not this bad, yet I can't catch any lucky breaks. My pitchers can't buy a win. I can't get a steal to save my life (even when I picked up league leaders for steals), and a save is about a once a week occurance. Sorry just felt like venting again but for pete's sake, where the hell is my break!!!!!!!!!
I traded u the League leader in both Saves and Steals, you kept em for a game or 2 and dispatched em to WaWa in exchange for a power bat that u didnt need.

If you are looking to vent, look within.

Oh, Neil Walker's on the DL again. That's nice.

Worse than the fantasy impact is the impact for the Pirates, though; our middle infield options aren't great. This means Barmes is gonna get more at-bats. Meh.