I am going to watch at least one film everyday for a year...

Tools    

17th July 2014

American History X
(1998, 119 mins)

Tony Kaye

American History X is truly a masterpiece with a powerful, moving story lead by interesting; deep characters. I enjoyed this film a LOT. This film hit me like no other film has for quite a while and is amongst the greatest films I have ever watched. Beautiful.

+

17th July 2014

American History X
(1998, 119 mins)

Tony Kaye

American History X is truly a masterpiece with a powerful, moving story lead by interesting; deep characters. I enjoyed this film a LOT. This film hit me like no other film has for quite a while and is amongst the greatest films I have ever watched. Beautiful.

+
YOU GOT IT RIGHT MAN ! Thats f*cking It !

I never got the love for that film. It's OK, but I don't see what's so great about it.

It's NEVER subtle, the character arcs are overcooked and the multiple stand alone scenes never really add up to a beautiful whole, in my opinion.
Norton is fantastic, but the movie is merely solid.

Glad you enjoyed it so much, though, Rhys!

Currently watching "Down by Law". I will review on Friday as my expedition starts today.

Expedition Films: Paranorman, How To Train Your Dragon, South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut.

I like how you watched American History X and Mrs. Doubtfire back to back. I find that when I watch 2 totally different types of films in a row like that, they can be more effective.

I don't understand the love for American History X either, it's so overdone and forced in its message, and I don't think it's consistent or well made enough for it to be carried well and effect me as much as it could have in the end. Mrs. Doubtfire I think is a decent little comedy, but nothing great.

American History X is good but it's definitely overrated in my opinion.

18th - Down By Law
-
19th - How to Train Your Dragon
-
20th - South Park: Bigger Longer and Uncut
+
21st - ParaNorman
+

I like ParaNorman, personally. But then I'm kind of a sucker for anything stop-motion.

22nd August - Unstoppable
-
23rd August - The Bling Ring
-

Sorry for my inactivity guys, once I start uni and really get into the flow of things I should become a bit more active. I will try update the lists very soon, it just may take me a while lol.

Well I start uni on the 17th. So I should be more active by the end of next month at the latest. We can do a commnetary or something then.

24/08/2014 - Gummo
-