MovieForums 2018: The Tournament

Tools    

Had TONS of thoughts racing through my head associated to / connecting with this thread and the overall forum last night while working my night shift. Vote counts and whatnot later. Will keep it simple instead. Feel like blastin' some bitches. :)

Firstly, let me thank everyone for allowing me to get this far. I'm kind of shocked, in a nice way.

My votes, and this was tough.

The Final Eight

TheUsualSuspect vs. honeykid
tough, tough vote. I really love both nominees here, and the one reps me a lot, while the other at really choice moments, drops a message of support when I happen to be feeling ****ty. It's really hard to decide which one has precedence. I have to give it to the psychic support. Jesus, that was tough.

cricket vs. rauldc14
Sorry raul, it has to go to cricket. He drops in my PMs once in a while and didn't blink to connect when need be for Survivor games. I think you may be too shy to? Stahp. Invade if you feel like. I'm not so scary. I'm on meds now so even less so.

mark f vs. cat_sidhe
Oooh, I get to smooch mark f! *ahem!*

OOPS I TRIED! O.o

Captain Spaulding vs. Joel
So sorry, Joel. But it's Captain Spaulding. He's one of three MoFos that are...basically...catnip.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I put up a better fight than expected!!! Thanks for the votes everyone.

Suspect's Reviews

Ditto. Thought I would get shut out this round.
I think the main reason I beat you is the threads that I post in. The thread I post in the most, rate the last movie, is probably the most consistently popular thread on the site.

I didn't know I was shy. Well, maybe I am.
I think you are. For a long time I thought you didn't like me, but that was based on what I threw out and if you took the hook. It always felt like an oooh just missed the vibe but then other stuff hit the hot iron. (And you are a quiet type.)

I feel like one day we'll be in synch time and movie vibe wise and then everything will fall into place. We'll bond over something you love and I hate but it'll be a fun ride. I KNOW, sounds complicated, right?

Toughest-fought battle of the Final Eight was TheUsualSuspect vs. Honeykid with the legendary Survivor Champion getting edged out by a final score of 8 to 7.

Captain Spaulding and Cricket held rather cozy margins of victory over admirable adversaries Joel and Rauldc14. Cat_Sidhe, happy to wear down an exhausted The Great White Shark himself Mark F for you last round, who I actually tied 8 to 8, but that unreliable SC deleted his vote.

Thus we arrive at our Final Four

vs.
@honeykid vs. @cricket

vs.
@Captain Spaulding vs. @cat_sidhe

Let The Vote Open
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	LV1.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	47771   Click image for larger version

Name:	mfox103.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	47772   Click image for larger version

Name:	mfox101.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	47773  

Two great friends and two of my favorite members. Spaulding is with Nostromo for the most fun per post, and with Holden Pike for most thorough and well thought out posts. He's been here 4 1/2 years which is three times as long as Cat's 1 1/2 years. But.... 2800 career posts. And how many were in the last year? Or even the last 2 years? Granted, I have plenty of days when I'm not doing well, and when I just see that him or someone like Jaydee have been on the forum, either through post or rep, it gives me happiness and makes my day better. But 2800 posts in almost 5 years does not sound final 4 worthy, much less final 2. On the other hand, 1 and a half years doesn't sound final 4 worthy to me either. However, those 18 months contain 3 times as many posts as a member who's been here 3 times as long. I believe Cat has made an enormous impact on the site at a time when it was sorely needed. At a time when important members have been disappearing, hardly appearing, or talking about leaving, she has brought new energy and life. She was also instrumental in helping me through my hardest time on this site.

Captain Spaulding vs Cat

Vote HoneyKid you sons of bitches!

HK vs cricket

3 of the Final 4 have names beginning with C. I should have called myself Crostromo87 apparently!

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
HK Mainly because of legend status and cricket always wins these things. Plus cricket wants us to vote HK.

Spaulding I agree with cricket, seeing a long Spaulding comment makes my day.