Paul McCartney and a "final" Beatles song

Tools    

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Sir Paul McCartney says artificial intelligence has enabled a 'final' Beatles song

Sir Paul McCartney says he has employed artificial intelligence to help create what he calls "the final Beatles record".

He told BBC Radio 4's Today programme the technology had been used to "extricate" John Lennon's voice from an old demo so he could complete the song.

"We just finished it up and it'll be released this year," he explained.

Sir Paul did not name the song, but it is likely to be a 1978 Lennon composition called Now And Then.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainme...s-65881813.amp

This should be cool.

Great news! Can't wait to hear it!
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Sir Paul McCartney says artificial intelligence has enabled a 'final' Beatles song

Sir Paul McCartney says he has employed artificial intelligence to help create what he calls "the final Beatles record".

He told BBC Radio 4's Today programme the technology had been used to "extricate" John Lennon's voice from an old demo so he could complete the song.

"We just finished it up and it'll be released this year," he explained.

Sir Paul did not name the song, but it is likely to be a 1978 Lennon composition called Now And Then.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainme...s-65881813.amp

This should be cool.
Lordy, they’re gonna dig up Lennon’s grave.

I've seen some people get kinda worked up, but if it matters, it sounds like the AI's being used basically just to clean up an old demo and not to "generate" a song or anything particularly bonkers like that. Seems fine/worth trying.

You ready? You look ready.
Imagine there's no human, it's easy if you try
No flesh to squish, and only circuits inside
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I'm just glad they didn't go with the original idea: to give Yoko a central portion in the song where she would screech in torturous-sounding indecipherable vocalizations!

You ready? You look ready.
I can't stand Paul's voice. He sounds like the chronically drunk Uncle at the family barbecue.

"hey ya'll, check this out, i can drink a beer for every lap of this race. nascar is god's gift to man. that's my religion. church every sunday in the den"

A system of cells interlinked
I can't stand Paul's voice. He sounds like the chronically drunk Uncle at the family barbecue.
This is straight up whack!