The MoFo Top 100 of the 2000s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Even IMDb has the rare hiccup that I've come across so a "perfect system" isn't going to happen but I always use it and @Yoda's Voting System has been Aces for me and with his dedication, it'll only get better. So, no worries.

Multiple versions, as well as Language, must have been an utter headache for past Countdown Hosts having to use spreadsheets and I cannot express my appreciation enough for keeping it all together as they all did.

Oh, haven't seen Talk To Her, and sad to see Master slip away but happy to see a necessary correction made.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I didn't participate, partly because my computer is screwed up big-time and my connection is the cheapest concast package.. Part of it was that my final choices weren't even great movies and didn't want to give them too much praise. I'll just post my Top 10.

There Will Be Blood
Baran
All Or Nothing
The Forest For The Trees
The Edukators
Persepolis
Looking For Eric
Happy-Go-Lucky
Mary And Max
City of God

I like The Edukators quite a bit. Didn't put it on my list of a hundred but it would be in the next fifty. Daniel Brühl is always great. Whenever the MoFo War list comes around I am gonna try and turn people on to Joyeux Noël. The 2000s saw a bit of resurgence in German cinema with The Lives of Others, Sophie Scholl: The Final Days, The Baader Meinhof Complex, Downfall, Das Experiment, Schultze Gets the Blues, The Counterfeiters, John Rabe, Nowhere in Africa, Forest for the Trees, and Good Bye, Lenin! to name some of the highlights.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

There was also an error with Mall Cop. It's number 22.
Mall Cop is #1 in our hearts

OK, I understand being one of only two people who voted for Saw, and I accept that. But despite the fact this other film just barely escaped my top 25, only ONE person voted for Treasure Planet?

I'm one of the two people who voted for Enter the Void and Triangle.

Also, I'm the only one who voted for Tropical Malady and Touching the Void.

Who voted for 'My Sassy Girl' ? I love that film and it just missed out on my ballot.

-I was the only person to vote for the film 'Failan', how sad, it's a truly beautiful film.

-Which other complete legend voted for Lilya-4-ever ?

-Nobody else voted for 'Precious' ? I'm quite staggered by that, I thought it was quite well known.

Happy to see that at least Oasis, Election 2, 3-Iron and Nobody Knows received some love elsewhere. Leaves just the four that I was the only voter for: Control, Memories Of Matsuko, The Loved Ones and Martyrs.

Thanks to Chris for all the behind the scenes work that made this possible.

• both [There Will Be Blood] and No Country for Old Men were shooting at the same time in Marfa, Texas. When PTA and his crew were testing the effects of the oil derrick fire, the huge smoke column delayed the filming of the Coen brothers until the next day.
Marfa, TX first became famous as the location for George Stevens' classic Giant (1956) starring Elizabeth Taylor, Rock Hudson, and James Dean.

I really love the Classified Ads quality this thread took on: who else voted for X?! Please step forward! Get in touch!

“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” -- C.S. Lewis

There's a bunch from my ballot I didn't expect to get much traction, but very surprised nobody else voted for Herzog's Bad Lieutenant. I always assumed that was fairly well received.