Favorite Lines from your favorite movies!

Tools    

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Achilles: He killed my cousin!
Priam: He thought it was you. How many cousins have you killed? How many fathers and brothers and sons and husbands, how many, brave Achilles?

Achilles: I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again

Achilles: You won't have eyes tonight. You won't have ears or a tongue. you will wander the underworld blind, deaf and dumb and all the dead will know; This is Hector: the fool who thought he killed Achilles.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Triple post? Yeesh
I think it has to do with the busy server today. Very slow actually. It's like when you hit the submit button and it doesnt move and you hit it again and again. At times I do that anyways.

From 'The Island' and quoted by Steve Buscemi.

"Just because you eat a hamburger doesn't mean you want to meet the cow."

"lifes like a box of chocolate, you never know what your gonna get"- forrest gump(classic)
"Duke [reading]: Summer romances end for all kinds of reason. But, when all is said and done, they have one thing in common - they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity and in a flash they are gone."-the notebook
and of course my finding never land quote as my sig.
Just a dog? Porthos dreams of being a bear, and you want to shatter those dreams by saying he's just a dog? What a horrible candle-snuffing word. That's like saying, "He can't climb that mountain, he's just a man", or "That's not a diamond, it's just a rock." Just.

Ok this next scene and brief lines I found it to be quite funny. Jeff Bridges plays a naive alien observing this guy using the bathroom. The trucker obviously thought he was some kind of
pervert.

"Take It Easy"

"Up Yours"

Oh my god i have so many....

"You shoot me in a dream you better wake up and apologize"- Reservoir Dogs

"Smile, you son-of-a-bitch"-Jaws

"we ain't found sh*t"-Spaceballs

"you either have to get busy living or get busy dying"- The Shawshank Redemption

"get away from her you BITCH"-Aliens

"look lady i only speak two languages, english and bad english"- The Fifth Element

"well wish in one hand and sh*t in the other and see which one fills up first"-Bad Santa

"the things you own end up owning you"-Fight Club

"come back you fat bearded bitch"-Spaceballs

"you are about to enter a world of pain"- The Big Lebowski

"out of order? fu*k! even in the future nothing works" Spaceballs

"you face forward or you face the possibility of shock and damage"- Mallrats

"this job would be great if it wasn't for all the f**king customers"-Clerks

"i can't fire them, i hired these guys for three days a week and they started showing up every day, that was four years ago"-High Fidelity

"i never liked him much then and i f**king hate him now"-High Fidelity

"Well I'm a mushroom-cloud-layin' motherf**ker, motherf**ker! Every time my fingers touch brain I'm SUPERFLY T.N.T, I'm the GUNS OF THE NAVARONE. In fact, what the f**k am I doin' in the back? You're the motherf**ker who should be on brain detail. We're f**kin' switchin'. I'm washin' the windows and you're pickin' up dis *****'s skull"- Pulp Fiction

My favorite line from movie is:

"I'll be back"

I think you all know that movie. I wonder part IV of this movie is coming soon?

“I know everyone always says sense of humour, but I really have to go with breast size.”

Mike Myers, So I Married An Axe Murderer

"Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye." H.A.L., 2001: A Space Odyssey

"Obvious: Excuse me, is that your nose, or did a bus park on your face; Meteorological: Everybody take cover, she's going to blow!; Fashionable: You know, you could de-emphasize your nose if you wore something larger, like Wyoming; Personal: Well, here we are, just the three of us; Punctual: All right Dellman, your nose was on time, but you were fifteen minutes late; Envious: Ooh, I wish I were you, to be able to smell your own ear; Naughty: Pardon me sir, some of the ladies have asked if you wouldn't mind putting that thing away...Sympathetic: Ooh, what happened, did your parents lose a bet with God?; Complimentary: You must love the little birdies to give them this to perch on; Scientific: Say, does that thing there influence the tides?..."), before finishing with the hostile, taunting "Dirty: Say, your name wouldn't be - Dick, would it?" Steve Martin, Roxanne

“You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know - that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall -- you need me on that wall. We use words like "honor," "code," "loyalty." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand the post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to” Jack Nicholson, A Few Good Men

“I have got to get me one of these” Will Smith, Independence Day

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!

"C'mon Badass"

from nighthawks

"That's yer whole raison d'etre!" from Raising Arizona. Of course Nathan Arizona Sr. pronounces it like "raze da etra". Friggin' outta nowhere and funny as hell. For those who don't know, it's a french term usually affiliated with fine art meaning reason for being, or purpose. He was yelling at the FBI agents for not going out and finding leads for his missing son.

"Here's to swimming with bowlegged women." from jaws.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I really like Dogma; some of my favorite quotes from the script:

AZRAEL
Yes. What. Lucifer got restless and started his
little war for the throne. Heaven became divided
into two factions - the faithful and the
renegades. The ethereal planes were chaotic with
battle, angel against angel. And when it was all
over, God cast the rebels into perdition.

SERENDIPITY
But Azrael refused to fight. He wouldn't ally
himself to God or Lucifer. He remained in the
middle, waiting to see who came out victorious.

JAY
What are you - some kind of ****ing chicken?!

AZRAEL
I was an artist! I was inspiration! A muse has no
place in battle! Our job is to create - not
destroy!

SERENDIPITY
So after the fallen were banished to Hell, God
turned on those that wouldn't fight, and my
brother here was sent down with the demons.
Something he considers a grave injustice.

AZRAEL
Don't tell me that you never questioned the
judgement, Serendipity; that you don't think the
Almighty acted too rashly?

SERENDIPITY
You've been waiting for millions of years to ask
me that, haven't you? It's been on your mind since
the moment you fell. It's been gnawing at you this
long.

AZRAEL
Well?

SERENDIPITY
No, Azrael. It never bothered me, and I'll tell
you why: you stood behind your office, you prick.
So you were an artist - big deal. Elvis was an
artist, but that didn't stop him from joining the
service in time of war. That's why he's the
King... and you're a schmuck.

God; I can't belive I am reading this script! Almost done.... it's like Dogma: The Book!

and;

METATRON
Now just sit down on the bed and shut up!

BETHANY
Oh God - you're going to rape me...

METATRON
I'm not going to rape you.
(to itself; off clothes)
Look at my suit...!

BETHANY
Take whatever you want, just don't kill or
rape me...

METATRON
Enough with the raping already! I couldn't rape
you if I wanted to.
(unzips pants and pulls them off)
Angels are ill-equipped.

Bethany stares. There, before her, stands the exposed Metatron. There is nothing.
where some sexual genitalia should be - it's as smooth and anatomically impaired
as a Ken doll.

METATRON
See? I'm as anatomically impaired as a Ken doll.
(rings out pants)
You meat-puppets and your arrogance - you think
everyone's just waiting to rape you.

and;

PROTESTOR 1

You should be ashamed of yourself!

PROTESTOR 2

Child killer!

LIZ
(looking over their shoulders)
HOLY ****!! IT'S THE POPE!!

As the thrall turns excitedly in an effort try to spy the imaginary pontiff, Liz

ducks inside the clinic.

and;

The Woman rolls up Her sleeves and slaps Her palms together - Mister Miyagi
style - and rubs them furiously. She places both hands over Bethany's wound and
presses down. Bethany snaps her eyes open and jolts forward, coughing. She looks
up and sees Metatron.

BETHANY
You! But... I was... how did I...?!

METATRON
You didn't. You died. But She can rebuild you. She
has the technology. She can make you better,
stronger, faster.

Stuck in the middle with you.
Here's 2
can you guess what flicks they're from
1."Are you gonna bark all day little doggy, or are you gonna bite?".

2."Don't have any attachments,don't allow anything to be in your life that you can't walk out on in 30 seconds flat when you feel the heat coming around the corner.".

Just a tip of the movie quote iceberg, in no particular order.

-"Shut up! Will you shut up?" "Ah! Now we see the violence inherent in the system." "Shut up!" "Come see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!"

-"Do you have any idea how crazy you are?" "You mean the nature of this conversation?" "I mean the nature of you."

-"It's not my fault being the biggest and the strongest. I don't even exercise."

-"I knew Moe, I knew he was headstrong. Talking loud, saying stupid things. So when he turned up dead... I let it go... and I said to myself... this is the business we've chosen."

-"Yee haw! Ride 'em, cowboy! Yippee-kai-yo, kai-yay!" "Get off... the nuclear... warhead!"

-"The time for honoring yourself will soon be at an end."

-"I have the letters right here." "Tell me, when we searched the place, where were they?" "Sam's piano." "Serves me right for not being musical."

-"They had a reputation for breaking up bars. But they knew that instant they made a fatal mistake. This time they walked into the wrong bar."

-"Charlie don't surf!"

-"I tell you, those voices soared... higher and farther than anybody in a gray place dares to dream. It was like some beautiful bird flapped into our drab little cage..."

-"I'm walkin' down the street, minding my own business... just walking along... feelin' good. I walk around the corner, man walks up, hits me in my chest, right? I fall on the ground, right? And I look up... it's Dr. Martin Luther King. I said: Dr. King! He said: Opps! I thought you were somebody else."

-"I'm the hand up Mona Lisa's skirt. I'm a surprise, Kevin."

-"Well, I gotta' tell ya'... I'd be very, very careful who you talk to about that. Because the person who wrote that is dangerous. And this buttoned-down, oxford-cloth psycho might just snap..."

http://www.sizzlequiz.com/SelectFreeGame.aspx?c=Movies

'You're embarrassing me!'
'You embarrass yourself!'

Sadie: Where do babies come from?
Debbie: Where do you think they come from?
Sadie: Well. I think a stork, he umm, he drops it down and then, and then, a hole goes in your body and there's blood everywhere, coming out of your head and then you push your belly button and then your butt falls off and then you hold your butt and you have to dig and you find the little baby.
Debbie: That's exactly right.

Martin: Whatever. I'm glad I'm not a Jew.
Ben Stone: So are we...
Ben Stone
: You weren't chosen for a reason.

Welcome to the human race...
Here's 2
can you guess what flicks they're from
1."Are you gonna bark all day little doggy, or are you gonna bite?".

2."Don't have any attachments,don't allow anything to be in your life that you can't walk out on in 30 seconds flat when you feel the heat coming around the corner.".
1. Reservoir Dogs
2. Heat

Anyway, a new favourite for me is the infamous "milkshake" line from There Will Be Blood. It makes very little sense out of the film's context, but it's damned brilliant on so many levels.

Dachshunds Fear Me
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - This Is Spinal Tap

"...and then they made me their chief." - POTC: Curse of the Black Pearl

"Well, there are certain sections of New York, Major, that I wouldn't advise you to try to invade." - Casablanca

"I'm not finished." - Edward Scissorhands

George: Arthur.

The Whole Of Anchorman - but particularly:

Ron: I'm in a glass case of emotion!

Ron: I wanna be on you.

Ron: You are a smelly pirate hooker.

Ron: I'm gonna punch you in the ovaries. Straight to the babymaker.

Ron Burgundy: Brick, where did you get a hand grenade?
Brick Tamland: I don't know.

Blades of glory:

Chazz: No exaggeration, I could not love a human baby more then I love this brush.

Chazz: You're my pretty lady, MacElroy.

Chazz: Whoever invented rope was a real a-hole!

40 Year Old Virgin:

David: If I have to hear "Yamo Be There" one more time, I'm going to "Yamo" burn this place to the ground.

Haziz: So, tell me, Montel. Why weren't we invited to the party? What are we, Al Queda?