PeterVincent's Top 150

→ in
Tools    

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
The Fifth Element and True Lies are great. Never have and never will understand why Jason Statham is popular.

I love Commando and True Lies and really liked Gremlins 2 and Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I was a little disappointed in The Three Amigos, Crank 2, and Limitless.

As an guy raised on action movies, I love the selections of True Lies and Commando. I was not a big fan of Crank 2, but I lived the original.

As for Die Hard 4, I am probably in the minority, but I really dug it. Sure is is not as good as the original or Die Hard 3 (the best two IMO) and the action became more physics defying then previous movies, but I thought it still felt like a Die Hard movie. I thought Justin Long was great, the humor was excellent and I liked the action quite a bit. My only beef was the studio mandated PG 13 rating, but that was fixed with the unrated version that came out on DVD.

Precious tritium is what makes this project go.
135. Pineapple Express

Seth Rogen is a man of whom I believe to be of no talent whatsoever. James Franco, on the other hand, is a man I believe to have some talent, and plenty of hidden charisma. Pineapple Express made this clearly evident. From the hilarious first half of the film to the strangely Tarantino-eske second half, Pineapple Express surprises, entertains & makes you laugh...well...me at least.

A moment of silence, for James Franco's performance.

134. Escape From LA

Alright, alright. This movie is the very definition of an inferior sequel, trust me I know, but there's just something completely entertaining about it that just keeps bringing me back. Perhaps it's Peter Fonda's surfer dude, the transvestite carjacker, the fact that Snake has to play basketball to safe his life or the absolute fact that this is just Escape From New York all over again, just completely more bizarre...I'm not sure, maybe it's all of that and more.

133. Batman

Before Tim Burton started to lose his touch, he made Batman, the first successful superhero film since, well, Superman! Batman's got it all, Michael Keaton, scale, scope, spectacle, a soundtrack by Prince and, of course, a great performance by Jack Nicholson, who should learn to keep the make-up on just a little bit more when it comes to The Joker.

But we mustn't forget the best part...Danny Elfman's score.

+1 for Batman!!! Loved that film.

(maybe even a little bit more than the Nolan trilogy, because of its noir atmosphere, but I'm not quite sure yet)

I also enjoyed Die Hard 4.I agree with what you said but it was still entertaining and I loved that supporting guy.

I was not a big fan of Crank 2, but I lived the original.
You lived it?!?! Wow.

My only beef was the studio mandated PG 13 rating, but that was fixed with the unrated version that came out on DVD.
They didn't "fix" it, they milked more money. This is quickly becoming the industry standard for action films.

You lived it?!?! Wow.

They didn't "fix" it, they milked more money. This is quickly becoming the industry standard for action films.
Dude it was crazy. Woke up big scar on my chest and wires were sticking out! Had to plug it in to a wall adapter every few hours! XD

Taken 2 and the last Die Hard film are two of the latest examples. Both play up their links to the previous film(s) to bring in the kids, but have watered down those films so as to allow them to attend.

Give me all of your candy!
+1 for Pinapple Express. I agree with your Seth Rogen argument, although I do have fun with his movies. Turn my brain off and have a blast. I actually enjoy Green Hornet quite a bit. Senseless fun is sometimes the most fun!

We've gone on holiday by mistake
You posted your April's fools day joke a few days early at #142.

You posted your April's fools day joke a few days early at #142.
He explained his reasoning, and in any case different films hit people differently and we have very personal relationships to them. Anyone else feel this is just simple common sense? What the hell is the problem?

We've gone on holiday by mistake
He explained his reasoning, and in any case different films hit people differently and we have very personal relationships to them. Anyone else feel this is just simple common sense? What the hell is the problem?
Relax, I was just poking a bit of fun at what is so far a very good selection of films.

I suppose I understand his reasoning, he is saying that Highlander 2 is soooo bad that he likes it, which is how I feel about quite a few JCVD films. So terrible for the most part that I can't help feel a certain fondness toward them, in fact me and my friend used to regularly laugh at the nonsense contained in JCVD movies.

Precious tritium is what makes this project go.
132. Executive Decision

Executive Decision boasts many things. It's got pre-9/11 terrorism, stabbing, racist stereotypes, Kurt Russell playing an intelligent man & arguably the most unexpected death in cinematic history. Also features Oliver Platt, which is of course, a bonus.

131. Layer Cake

Before the overwhelming fame of being James Bond came in, Daniel Craig was just a cool drug dealer...in this film at least. Matthew Vaughn shows you his skills with a low budget, a thick sense of humour & lots of British stars. It's more British than bloody Wallace & Gromit, and that's bloody British.

130. Source Code

Who ever would have thought that showing the same eight minutes on a train could be so entertaining, well...I heard the words Phillip K. Dick, so I gave it a chance. This film succeeds mainly because it knows when to stop, it knows when to start, it knows it's pace and it's short & sweet.