MoFo Fantasy Football 2010: Week 4

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Fair enough. ..you know..you wouldnt have this quandary had you kept Rivers.. haha

Id play Schaub. He was my 1st round draft pick for a reason, and nobody gave me crap about it. I think Dex is right in that Oakland might be overrated on their D.

oh wow.. 1st tongo says im right , then he gives me a positive rep...

i gotta get me a lottery ticket tonight.

or is it a sign of the apocolypse..

Week 4 Predictions

The Replicants 0-3 vs GWOW 3-0
Sedai has a blaring hole in his lineup where Adrian Peterson should be, and its Carolinas Mike Goodson. Adam/GWOW has a blaring hole too, and its every Redskin in his lineup. McNabb beware! The Redskins are in for a pummeling from the Philadelphia Eagles. The only sure things I see ion GWOWs lineup are Brandon Marshall & Cedric Benson, and thats not enough. Going with one team predominately in your lineup can secure your points or go against you. Replicants pull off the upset of the week!

Teen Terrors 2-1 vs Flash 2-1
Speaking of alot of one team in their lineup Flashs' Colts play the Jags, and Manshark + Addai should have a big game comparatively destroying the Teens in the QB, RB 1, and TE slots. Having said that Teens Reggie Wayne will score big, as well as Boldin & McFadden. This game will be close, but I feel the Terrors are more well rounded.....except for Cutler. Jay Cutler trying to execute a Mike Martz offensive scheme is a hialarious interception display i.e. Cutler aint Kurt Warner. If Junos dad is taking care of her lineup for her then if he loves his daughter should drop Cutler to waivers. Terrors lose to Flash when they shouldnt have.

11 Angry Men 1-2 vs Team Zissou 2-1
Tony Scheffler..henh?! A pretty tight matchup, Zissous run game is top o da line, buuuut Bests turf-toe I think will hold him back. I do feel what nobody expects to happen will happen and thats Schaub having a huge game. Oaklands supposed to be #2 in the NFL vs the pass, but this game will wake those statistic makers up. Upset #2 as 11 Angry Men beat Zissou and take their dvd copy of The Life Aquatic Yes I googled it

PW's Odd Squad 0-3 vs Dextruction 0-3
With Vick & Desean joining Maclin in Dexters lineup he is a scary sight to behold. His run game sucks, but that can be slowly built off the waiver wire. As I said earlier the Eagles are going up against Washingtons 31st ranked pass defense....this wont be pretty. PWs Odd Squad get Dextroyed

His Own Ego 2-1 vs Sookies Suckers 2-1
A pretty even matchup except for one little thing - the best running game in our league which belongs to the Suckers. Sookie surprises His Own Ego which sucks after this game BaDumCh! Ok I admit that was bad

The No Name Gang 1-2 vs Hired Goons 2-1
I think Garrett made an important decision for himself, and the foundation for his fantasy football strategy by not being a mark for Packers having to be in his lineup. His rosters solid, and No Names aint. They just aint! Hired Goons beat No Names for free

The Tongo Express 2-1 vs Beantown Champs 2-1
Whoever thought there should be a Bye in week 4 should be spanked by the biggest handed man in the world. Miles Austin, Percy Harvin, and Cadillac are all on a Bye, and this is a game I should lose going up against one of the strongest lineups in our league. What I have going for me is my players weak competition. Also Forte might be overrated, and Pierre Thomas + Austin Collie are listed as questionable due to injuries. Maybe this game might be close, and Ill have to hope Miamis Dan Carpenter, and Davonne Bess do well vs those stinkassed Patriots on Monday Night Football Beantown beats Tongo not knowing the ape will eventually get revenge in the playoffs

I like my chances this week. I know I'm the underdog, but I think MJD gets around 20, I think Green-Ellis gets around 10 or so, and I think Calvin gets in the end zone (he barely missed another TD last week, so he's actually been playing pretty well compared to what his numbers suggest). I think Bradshaw struggles a little against the Bears' run defense, too.

This would be a big win for me. Team Zissou looks pretty formidable, and 2-2 feels a heckuva lot different to me than 1-3. Toss in the fact that I've happened to (grrr, thanks again, Dex) catch Aaron Rodgers against the Lions, and surviving this week would be huge.

And yeah, it's probably Green-Ellis over both Harrison and Betts. I like them all about close to equal, and as much as I know the Patriots will rotate the living daylight out of their backs, that's a lot harder to do when they've got two of their original guys out of the game. Toss in the fact that Chris Ivory's more talented than Betts, and some comments from the Cleveland O.C. about the mix of carries, and it's gotta be the Law Firm.

You may be ok Yoda. GB may use this game to work out the kinks in the run game. hence my insertion of Kuhn in the lineup over Ivory.

Sometimes when the matchup looks this sweet..theres a letdown. I expect Rodgers to get his usual 26 or so points, but nothen crazy, unlike say...

Yeah, anything under 28 or so I'll actually be okay with. But I need Schaub to keep the QB gap down under 10, or else I'll need someone to go off, I think.

I'm counting on his run game to struggle. He's got some very talented backs, but each one has one of the three standard problems that tend to trouble them: injury (Best), playing time split/goal line carry loss (Mathews), and a tough matchup (Bradshaw). Whether or not these guys overcome these things is, in my opinion, the difference this week.

Both Best and Mathews practiced on Friday, and I think both'll play, but obviously the risk is that both will be spelled a lot to keep the load off of them. At least, that's what I'm hoping. There are an unusual number of lineup angles for both of us to consider this week, it seems.

yes..I would imagine he may run out matthews and Tolbert vs the atrocious AZ Defense.

had the trade not happened, i may have done just that with Darren Sproles in the flex.

talk about all eggs in one basket. it woulda been a flash-a-pa-looza.

I could not run two RBs from the same squad. I still think Mathews is about to breakout huge. (atleast I hope )

Welcome to Week 4 MoFos, and it looks like a doosy. I actually found it funny that had I played anyone else last week, I'd have won, but I have to give it up to Team Zissou for knocking me out of 1st place and taking the Champs down a notch. Last week was also horrendous for my prediction record, going 3-4, bringing my record down to 14-7 for the season. Well I'm hoping to rebound this week to a much more respectable record, both in wins and predictions, so lets get this started...

Teen Terrors vs. Flash -
We start off Week 4 with a great matchup, Teen Terrors with a very well rounded lineup going up against Flash and his “Colt-a-holic” work-horse of a squad. I think Manning could easily hit 4 TDs this week and over 400 yards, so Flash is going to reap some major reward in the QB slot and I don't believe Cutler will be able to keep up with him going against the Giants in NY, so Flash should win the battle of the quarterbacks. Terrors however, should take both WR slots hands down, with Wayne looking to benefit from Manning's big game and Boldin can't be held under the 12-13 points Yahoo has him getting, even against the Steel Curtain he is just too good, but his points will all be from catches and yards, I see Pittsburg keeping him outta the endzone. Overall, I see a few more weak areas in the Flashes lineup then I do in the Terrors, so Juno should squeak-out a win here.

Teen Terrors wins in a close finish.

The No Name Gang vs. Hired Goons -

As I write this, the Gang is missing a QB and assuming he will use Flacco, I find it funny that he could actually end up with negative points rather than no points if he does start him. The Steelers and
Ravens tend to keep it low scoring when they meet, and Flacco has had a few tough games as of late, so it is a distinct possiblity Gang could hurt his cause actually starting a QB this week (see Sookie's Suckers in Week 2 and that crap Favre got her...). The Gang needs to make some adjustments prior to game-time, with Jones on a bye and Murphy questionable, but going up against the lineup Hired Goons has in place, it may be for not. Even with Breaston out against the Chargers, Brady, Brown and Turner should score enough points to put this game away for the Goons.

Hired Goons continues to shakedown the competition for its lunch money

PW's Odd Squad vs. Dextruction -

Two teams looking for their first win of the season, and this looks like it could be a nail biter. The Odd Squad is going to need his team to basically play out of there skulls this week if he is looking to keep up with Dex's band of merrymen led by none other than Michael “I run, I throw, I get it DONE” Vick. PW needs Knox, Greene and Davis to have big games in order to keep up with Vick, Maclin, Jackson and Gonzalez, whom I predict to score a tad better than Yahoo did.

Dextruction wins numero uno!

The Replicants vs. GWOW -
Ok, at first glance, GWOW should win this game easily (especially with Chris Johnson facing Denver and Benson running on the Browns), but Sedai has hope that the Eagles can shut down the 'Skins and keep this game close enough for him to capitalize on his receiver strengths and possible big games from Hillis and Orton. If Philly trashes Washington and keeps them to low numbers, Mikey can win this. Thats a big “IF” though.

GWOW keeps it real and leads the league at 4-0

His Own Ego vs. Sookie's Suckers -
Even though Yahoo has this at a close contest, I can honestly say that Gore and Foster should put this game away easily for the Suckers. Foster and Gore look totally NASTY this week and could each get 35-55 points, so I find it a waste of time to go any further trying to figure out this matchup.

Sookie's Suckers drain His Own Ego dry

11 Angry Men vs. Team Zissou -

Wow, this is a good one. Both teams look even up and down their respective lineups, and I don't think either team has too much of an advantage from QB to RB, but this game will be decided by the TE and W/R slots and Zissou has a slight edge there. If Best does play, and plays well, Zissou should lock this one up, but a big game from Seattles Defense could turn this game around for the Angry Men. I see this one coming down to Monday Nights game in Miami to decide the outcome.

Another one handed catch by Moss in the endzone leads Zissou to 3-1

Beantown Champs vs. The Tongo Express -

I'm 3-0 predicting the outcome of my games so far this season, and I'm hoping to go 4-0 after this weeks matchup against the Tongo Express. I'll keep it sweet and simple. If Thomas can play against Carolina, I should win. If not, Tongo could thump me. Thomas had better not wussy out on me...

Beantown derails the Express with a narrow win

Good Luck in Week 4 peeps, and remember, its only a game LT....

Quick and Clean -
the winners this week:

FLASH
GWOW
GOONS
TEAM Z
BEANS
SUCKERS
PW

CYA guys in Statchat!!!

A system of cells interlinked
Crazy games yesterday! Congrats to this week's winners!

hey brian hartline could still score 6 touchdowns.

techically.

if this was a disney movie.

Games still up in the air:

11 Angry Men vs. Team Zissou
Grrr. Johnson actually topping Rodgers and other good signs early on had me thinking I might win this thing comfortably, but now it's very much in doubt after Hicks and Bradshaw combined for just under 40 points. Didn't see that coming. Anyway, it's Welker + Green-Ellis vs. Moss + 8 points. That feels like a coin flip to me.

Tongo Express vs. Beantown Champs
For TONGO it's Davone Bess + Dan Carpenter vs. Aaron Hernandez + 17 points. Strong lean for Beantown here.

PW's Odd Squad vs. Dextruction
Briant Hartline needs to score 34 points, or else PW gets his first win. A formality.

The Replicants vs. GWOW
Wow, indeed, but for The Replicants, who are up big even without recently obtained Adrian Peterson, thanks largely to a huge day from T.O. Sedai wins unless Brandon Marshall puts up 51 points. Again, a formality.

The No Name Gang vs. Hired Goons
It's the two Packer fans in a barnburner! Low scores on both sides, but it's close: raul has Gostkowski, the New England defense (ouch), and 9 points up against WBadger's Tom Brady and Ronnie Brown. Even a poor day from New England probably nets 4-5 points, and Gostkowki's probably good for 6-7, which would leave Brady and Brown to make up a deficit a little over 20 points. Obviously, they'd probably manage this, so barring a crappy game from at least one of them, raul's probably going to need an unusually good day from the kicker, or he'll need the New England defense to be far better than it has the last few games.

Good luck everyone. Especially me.

Well, I've got some good news for you, Dex. Since people were asking about it yesterday, I looked up a few league records, and your score of 39.96 (with Hartline still to go) is not the lowest in league history. That dubious distinction goes to my friend Adam (who played in '08 and this year, but not '09). His Boondock Skins managed just 36.9 points in week 10 of '08. Two caveats, however:
  1. At that point, he'd more or less abandoned his team, so this is probably due to failing to sub players out properly.
  2. We were playing 0.5 PPR that year.
We can't possibly quantify point #1 any more, since specific breakdowns of the score are no longer available. But if we were to update Dex's current score to 0.5 PPR, it'd be 34.46. So just a few catches out of Hartline and you should avoid both the lowest score record and the lowest adjusted score record.

One record you guys absolutely have a shot at is lowest combined score. The current record is 124.14, by Swedish Chef and The Sharks (I forget which user that was) in '08, but again, that was half-point PPR. You're at 113.69 combined at the moment, so Hartline would need to score 11 points to avoid a new (unadjusted) record.

And if you adjust for 0.5 PPR, PW and Dex currently combine for 102.18. So, we might have a new lowest combined score record either way, and we almost definitely will if you adjust the scoring.

Then again, PW holds the top two spots for highest score in a single week, too (in back to back weeks, no less). So it goes every which way.

I think i'd just prefer Hartline go off for 35 points tonight.

or for poetic purposes 34..so me an pw can be 0-3-1 and continue on the O-fer journey together.

Tongo Express vs. Beantown Champs
For TONGO it's Davone Bess + Dan Carpenter vs. Aaron Hernandez + 17 points. Strong lean for Beantown here.
AUGH!

I had this game won! Petey forgets to take out Pierre Thomas, and I had the New York Giants vs Chicago as my defense then foolishly changed it to Atlanta vs SF sunday morning. AUGH! Other than Rivers/Gates my roster crapped the bed and were to stupid to get out of it. They just laid there.

NYG Steve Smith 7.00 - No excuse! He shouldve grabbed Eli by the facemask in the huddle and screamed "You best throw that ball to me like last year!"

Hou WR Kevin Walter 7.50 - I was a Raiders fan for years. For years! Right after they won their last super bowl, thru all those bad years, and gave up on them right when Gruden took over. What timing eh?! Since Gruden theyve been awful, and NOW of all times they decide to get their act together with an awesome pass defense. Damn you Al Davis you ancient evil bastid!

RB Justin Forsett 9.50 - Oh now youre a starter?! Well good for you Justin, but I coulda got that point total out of Caddy.

Brandon Jackson 4.40 - .........against Detroit?! Have you no pride?! and why the heck am I having to start you anyway?! Ricky Williams should have gotten SOMETHING by now, but has 10 points after 3 games. 10!!!

AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF I try and offer Petey Miles Autin for Ladainian Tolmlinson, and Petey said no. LOL! I cant even screw myself on a trade anymore.

"I can't even screw myself on a trade anymore."

That should go in Yoda's sig.