The Meg 2: The Trench

Tools    

BKB
Oh, THE TRANSPORTER is fighting some slightly bigger JAWS...again.

This time at least, it looks like they are trying to make it intentionally STUPID rather than being STUPID unintentionally as the first original one was looking to me.

I just doubt this movie will be less boring than the already dead-boring first one, which i havenīt even watched to the end.
Perhaps if you put down your Smartphone long enough, you might make it to the end of the movie?? Just a thought since Gen Z is so noted for being addicted to the Smartphones and have the attention span of a shoe

There's a concept you and everyone else better start warming up to and that's if the box office as you so hate it doesn't improve, then you very well could be looking at the end of the moviegoing experience at the Cinema and quite frankly, I enjoy going out to the movies and so do alot of other people and don't use Covid or some other dumb excuse to stay home and stream garbage online like Gen Z & Millennials are so known for..

For someone who thinks the Meg 2 will be the saviour of all film, you sure like to pretend you're the taste police, don't you?

Perhaps if you put down your Smartphone long enough, you might make it to the end of the movie?? Just a thought since Gen Z is so noted for being addicted to the Smartphones and have the attention span of a shoe

And now you're claiming to be an example of a good attention span? Dude, you can't even read a two line post on a movie forum without getting lost.

Maybe stop complaining about other generations and be a better example of your own.

BKB
For someone who thinks the Meg 2 will be the saviour of all film, you sure like to pretend you're the taste police, don't you?
Why?? The MEG 2: The TRENCH doesn't look any worse than JURASSIC WORLD and that made a Billion dollars, so that must mean alot of people have bad taste, wouldn't you say??

Why?? The MEG 2: The TRENCH doesn't look any worse than JURASSIC WORLD and that made a Billion dollars, so that must mean alot of people have bad taste, wouldn't you say??

Yes, a lot of people have bad taste.

Coming to these types of bad conclusions is what happens when all you've got are box office scores to make your critical analysis (ie. you don't have one)

And I guess if Barbie makes a bunch of cash, it's not because it's good, it's just because all the drinking water is making everyone gay.

This is how rock solid logic goes, right?

BKB
Yes, a lot of people have bad taste.

Coming to these types of bad conclusions is what happens when all you've got are box office scores to make your critical analysis (ie. you don't have one)
Like box office or not, it's pivotal to a movie's success..

BKB
And I guess if Barbie makes a bunch of cash, it's not because it's good, it's just because all the drinking water is making everyone gay.

This is how rock solid logic goes, right?
That's your version of rock solid logic, not mine.. I call it like I see it.. What more do you want me to say??

Like box office or not, it's pivotal to a movie's success..

Financial success. Not critical. The two have very little to no relationship with each other.

It's why it's a dead boring thing to talk about (and if it is something you want to talk about....how about acknowledging the threads where it is being talked about and go there....or is your generations enviable attention span somehow limiting your success, once again?)

I call it like I see it.

You always know something smart must have just been said when someone starts trotting out this old chestnut.

And, no, I don't mean you are actually eating a chestnut.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I saw the trailer and I respect how little it seems to be taking itself seriously. There's literally a guy jumping a shark.

Movies do not really need to make that much money from theaters...they need that much money from theaters to continue being produced the way they currently are. Some people are totally uninterested in summer blockbusters and the like, and thus don't really mind or care if that kind of film becomes economically unviable.

Also, the fact that movies need the traditional theatergoing experience to survive means people should care in the abstract, not that they should get worked up over a specific movie, or even all the movies in a specific year, not doing as well as the year before. That's just a straight-up non-sequitur.

I call it like I see it.
This is meaningless. Everyone's calling it like they see it. This does not explain or defend any comment in any way.

Why?? The MEG 2: The TRENCH doesn't look any worse than JURASSIC WORLD
This isn't a fact, though. You don't think it does, but I'll bet lots of people do.

And again, people are generally less interested in seeing the same kinds of things over and over, so even if you made a film identical in quality to some hit from years ago, it would still be perfectly rational for it to be less interesting to moviegoers.

I made this exact point awhile back and you didn't respond to it, which seems to happen a lot.

Psychopathic Psychiatrist
Perhaps if you put down your Smartphone long enough, you might make it to the end of the movie??
That is impossible with something as stupid and boring as this chinese piece of trash production.

I was actually watching extremely dumb and childish cartoons on my smartphone while watching THE MEG, coz they were less stupid than this fish-vs-man nonsense.

BKB
This isn't a fact, though. You don't think it does, but I'll bet lots of people do.

And again, people are generally less interested in seeing the same kinds of things over and over, so even if you made a film identical in quality to some hit from years ago, it would still be perfectly rational for it to be less interesting to moviegoers.

I made this exact point awhile back and you didn't respond to it, which seems to happen a lot.
I don't respond to you because you don't know what the hell you're talking about, that's why..

BKB
I find myself inexplicably hoping Meg 2 bombs at the box office, even though I only learned of its existence three minutes ago.
If you've only learned of this movie's existence 3 minutes ago when the trailer has 27M Views in 24 hours time, then basically, you suck and don't pay attention to movies coming out.. What more needs to be said?? Go surf your Smartphone now..

BKB
I find myself inexplicably hoping Meg 2 bombs at the box office, even though I only learned of its existence three minutes ago.
Barbie has 3 weeks to do what it's going to do and when The MEG 2 comes out, Barbie is toast..