A new thread for Yoda to voice his irrational gripes against me.

Tools    

Oh, please! I already have!
I haven't seen these alleged racial slurs despite asking several times. Show me.

I don't see how I've distorted the KKK incident--you admitted yourself that someone allegedly accused you of being in league with the KKK. From where I stand, I can see why.
That's not what I admitted. What I "admitted" is that someone once said "maybe you'd be comfortable visiting the KKK website." You immediately warped this into me "having connections" and "being in league" with them. What was all that you were saying about bias, again?

You're the only one in here who vents his hostility against me on a regular basis, turning everyone against me.
The key phrase being "on a regular basis." You've raised a number of people's ire...but those smarter than myself gave up on arguing with you some time ago.

Well, yeah, thanks to the resistance I have put up against you! That's the only reason I can think of for my still being around in this forum!
Wrong. Everyone who wants to disagree with me has been able to...yourself include. Therefore your claim is false.

Again, I am entitled to my opinions without having to answer to your petty court of inquisition! I am in no way obliged to explain my every comment to a jerk like you!
You ignored my point, which stands: the claims I question are rarely, if ever, light-hearted. The bulk of my contentions have been in response to highly opinionated, political claims.

All I can say is that when you were gone, I got along fine with everyone, even Sir Toose, one of your #1 supporters, who was supporting me for awhile.
Firstly, he was not "supporting" you. He was tolerating you and encouraging you to be reasonable more often.

Secondly, the fact that things were more peaceful for you is completely consistent with all I've been saying. You are flippant and careless when it comes to your stances/arguments, and you hate being called on it. I'm the kind of person who calls people out, so it stands to reason that you'd be more bothered when I'm around.

Not true. I have proven you wrong much more often than you have proven me wrong.
Name one such instance.

Nice try playing the wounded martyr, but it doesn't quite cut it.
I don't see how mocking your over-the-top, repetitive speeches of hatred constitutes "playing the wounded matryr." Methinks this is what psychologists call "projection."

BANNED
Originally posted by Yoda

I haven't seen these alleged racial slurs despite asking several times. Show me.
I've already provided a link elsewhere. Look it up yourself.

That's not what I admitted. What I "admitted" is that someone once said "maybe you'd be comfortable visiting the KKK website." You immediately warped this into me "having connections" and "being in league" with them. What was all that you were saying about bias, again?
If I remember correctly, you "admitted" that someone once alleged that you might be in league with the KKK. I don't recall anything about a KKK website.

The key phrase being "on a regular basis." You've raised a number of people's ire...but those smarter than myself gave up on arguing with you some time ago.
Interestingly, these people only seem to vent their hostility for me when encouraged by you. Upon your departure from the forum, there doesn't seem to be anyone who has any sort of gripe with me, so much so that even some of your most ardent supporters (like Sir Toose) express words of encouragement and friendship towards me.

Wrong. Everyone who wants to disagree with me has been able to...yourself include. Therefore your claim is false.
Oh, sure . . . so long as their posts aren't edited or their threads deleted or their login ids and IP addresses banned!

You ignored my point, which stands: the claims I question are rarely, if ever, light-hearted. The bulk of my contentions have been in response to highly opinionated, political claims.
Well, my "highly opinionated political claims" are my opinions, and I am entitled to them, unless proven wrong beyond a doubt. But the truth is that around 30% of your gripes have been regarding the issues. The other 70% are completely baseless allegations concerning every little offhand remark I might make or my tone of voice or the views I might express. There is bad blood here--even racism, I might allege. You feel compelled to dissect everything I say--the slightest casual remark I might make. This is going way too far. It reflects a racial/political bias on your part. Not so much an issue of actual words from you as a reflection of your general attitude, one of nitpicky trivializing and baseless hostile antagonism which seems to suggest, to me, a deep-seated hatred on your part. The bulk of your contentions, therefore, have been completely irrelevant.

Firstly, he was not "supporting" you. He was tolerating you and encouraging you to be reasonable more often.
Looked like support, to me, whatever spin you might want to put on it! Anyway, to think that I have to prove that I merit tolerance reflects on your own intolerant attitude--you are biased, intolerant, racist, hostile and just plain assholic!

Secondly, the fact that things were more peaceful for you is completely consistent with all I've been saying. You are flippant and careless when it comes to your stances/arguments, and you hate being called on it. I'm the kind of person who calls people out, so it stands to reason that you'd be more bothered when I'm around.
Wrong! You are the only jerk in here with a grudge against me and who seeks to dig up any pretext to vent your hostility against me, justifying it with superficial BS.

Name one such instance.
Oh, please! The term "Keynesian Economic Theory" comes to mind, but, of course, you will deny it! More evidence about how thick-headed you are! Truth is, you have never once admitted how wrong you are, which only goes to prove that you are incapable of doing so. What is more, you actually have the audacity of accusing me of the very character flaws that you have been displaying in such abundance--arrogance, elitist pretensions, thick-headedness, ignorance, narrow-mindedness, etc., etc.

I don't see how mocking your over-the-top, repetitive speeches of hatred constitutes "playing the wounded matryr." Methinks this is what psychologists call "projection."
What the devil!!! Is there no limit to how far you will go to distort my words? Or engage in meaningless psychobabble to give your words the facade of legitimacy? Projection indeed!

I've already provided a link elsewhere. Look it up yourself.
No, I don't believe you ever have provided a link. Show it to me.

If I remember correctly, you "admitted" that someone once alleged that you might be in league with the KKK. I don't recall anything about a KKK website.
I can't help what you do or do not recall. No one ever alleged that I might be in league with the KKK. This is no more than another one of your sloppy accusations.

Interestingly, these people only seem to vent their hostility for me when encouraged by you. Upon your departure from the forum, there doesn't seem to be anyone who has any sort of gripe with me, so much so that even some of your most ardent supporters (like Sir Toose) express words of encouragement and friendship towards me.
I don't encourage anyone to vent at you. If anything, when asked about these matters I generally tell them that ignoring you is probably the best method of action if and when they disagree. As a number of us have tried to tell you, all enmity you've encountered is of your own doing.

Oh, sure . . . so long as their posts aren't edited or their threads deleted or their login ids and IP addresses banned!
You're referring to your numerous aliases named things similar to "I'MBACKAGAIN"? Yes, how horribly shameful of me to ban new members who clearly had so much to contribute to this community.

Well, my "highly opinionated political claims" are my opinions, and I am entitled to them, unless proven wrong beyond a doubt. But the truth is that around 30% of your gripes have been regarding the issues. The other 70% are completely baseless allegations concerning every little offhand remark I might make or my tone of voice or the views I might express.
You're making numbers up. Almost all of my contentions with you are in response to very forceful, dogmatic claims. Per usual, if you disagree, provide an example. Seeing as how you claim I question you constantly, and allegedly 70% of those instances are in response to some light-hearted remark, it shouldn't take you long at all to find a few.

Wrong! You are the only jerk in here with a grudge against me and who seeks to dig up any pretext to vent your hostility against me, justifying it with superficial BS.
The above is pure rhetoric. I stand by what I said: you bring enmity upon yourself via your inability to copy with someone who legitimately questions your plethora of dubious claims. You started irking people VERY early on here, long before I gave you so much as a passing thought. You need to accept that the reputation you have is the reputation you've earned.

Oh, please! The term "Keynesian Economic Theory" comes to mind, but, of course, you will deny it! More evidence about how thick-headed you are!
I demonstrated several times without retort (from you or anyone else) that the Keynesian theory is completely irrational as a long-term economic policy.

Truth is, you have never once admitted how wrong you are, which only goes to prove that you are incapable of doing so. What is more, you actually have the audacity of accusing me of the very character flaws that you have been displaying in such abundance--arrogance, elitist pretensions, thick-headedness, ignorance, narrow-mindedness, etc., etc.
If I recall correctly, I'm not the only one who had the "audacity" to accuse you of those things.

Damn...Why'd you have to go and say that?

BANNED
That's the same reason I keep trying to avoid argument with Yoda, but he keeps hounding me like a dog from hell with his persistent and relentlessly baseless arguments!

BANNED

No, I don't believe you ever have provided a link. Show it to me.
Okay, if you insist, here it is again: http://www.movieforums.net/showthrea...vote#post87779

I can't help what you do or do not recall. No one ever alleged that I might be in league with the KKK. This is no more than another one of your sloppy accusations.
Allow me to refresh your memory, O forgetful one:

A member once (basically) accused me of being like a member of the KKK. I kid you not.
This is the link: http://www.movieforums.net/showthrea...=KKK#post79972

I don't encourage anyone to vent at you. If anything, when asked about these matters I generally tell them that ignoring you is probably the best method of action if and when they disagree. As a number of us have tried to tell you, all enmity you've encountered is of your own doing.
I hardly think so. Your attitude has, all along, been one of antagonism towards me and bias against me. Your relentless hounding of me, the baseless allegations you have continually levelled against me, the ceaseless dissection of my every offhand comment--all have contributed to make me unpopular. Again, while you were gone from here, I was getting along just fine with everyone. Your return has again served to turn people against me.

What's more, other board members have also commented on your biased attitudes. Sunfrog has been your most regular critic, but Piddzilla has also made some pretty insightful remarks:

So, it's pretty obvious whose side you're taking on this issue. theshape's post is aggressive and hostile and you're supporting it while you in your role as administrator of this site are actively taking a stand against Monkeypunch's anti-fascist post.

"But now Yoda is silent."
About what? I've asked this once before, I believe.

About the posts on this thread set out to do nothing else than harrass a single individual - what else???

You, however, decided that theshape82 needed your help and support even before he had had the time to respond to Monkeypunch himself. This is, of course, not a fault from your part - you are free to post on any thread at any time more than anybody else on here. But this just demonstrates where your position as a moderator or administrator is and that I don't only think you are passive as such but also supportive of posts expressing very muddy views.
Here's the link: http://www.movieforums.net/showthrea...0067#post80067

You're referring to your numerous aliases named things similar to "I'MBACKAGAIN"? Yes, how horribly shameful of me to ban new members who clearly had so much to contribute to this community.
What the hell are you talking about???

You're making numbers up. Almost all of my contentions with you are in response to very forceful, dogmatic claims. Per usual, if you disagree, provide an example. Seeing as how you claim I question you constantly, and allegedly 70% of those instances are in response to some light-hearted remark, it shouldn't take you long at all to find a few.
I would hardly call these numbers made up. I admit they are not based on any scientific study, but they are a rough estimate of the breakdown, and a very valid estimate, I might add.

The above is pure rhetoric. I stand by what I said: you bring enmity upon yourself via your inability to copy with someone who legitimately questions your plethora of dubious claims. You started irking people VERY early on here, long before I gave you so much as a passing thought. You need to accept that the reputation you have is the reputation you've earned.
The reputation I have "earned" has been purely the result of your baseless allegations against me, and is purely fictitious. When you have raised valid issues, as opposed to spamming my threads with irrelevant comments, I have provided the necessary substantiation. To deny this makes a BLATANT LIAR of you, I'm sorry to say.

I demonstrated several times without retort (from you or anyone else) that the Keynesian theory is completely irrational as a long-term economic policy.
And yet, FDR, the most popular president in US history, based his economic policy on Keynesian theory. Sorry, but your credibility simply doesn't measure up to that of FDR.

If I recall correctly, I'm not the only one who had the "audacity" to accuse you of those things.
I think you recall incorrectly.

Okay, if you insist, here it is again: http://www.movieforums.net/showthre...+vote#post87779
Congratulations, you've just proven that I called you an Indian. Now, where are those racist comments you love to blather about?

"Being like" and "having connections with" are entirely different things The former is a judgement of character...the latter is a judgement of events. Regardless, I can give you the actual quote, if you like, as well as the retraction and apology that followed shortly afterwards.

Again, while you were gone from here, I was getting along just fine with everyone. Your return has again served to turn people against me.
Everyone got along fine when you were gone, too. All you're establishing here is that when I'm around you, it causes you to look bad, which I don't deny. Of course people turn against you when someone takes the time to call you on your sloppy, careless, uinformed (yet still opinionated) claims.

What's more, other board members have also commented on your biased attitudes. Sunfrog has been your most regular critic, but Piddzilla has also made some pretty insightful remarks:

Here's the link: http://www.movieforums.net/showthre...+week#post80067
You're grasping. Sunfrog's gripes are political, and he'll concur with anyone whose political beliefs line up with his, regardless of the validity of what they say. As for Pid: if you think he believes I'm using my power here to unfairly silence arguments and influence discussions, ask him. This is quite aside from the fact that even if you could produce a person or two who agrees with you, it wouldn't make you right. If you want to make this a popularity contest, you'll lose.

What the hell are you talking about???
From an earlier (ignored) post:

"Vlad signed up under the same email address. Only someone with access to that email address would have been able to confirm the account -- and confirmed it was. Shortly afterwards, the email address under the account was then changed. Subsequent aliases featured the same basic IP signature and similar email addresses, as well as similar agendas. What's more, none of them were EVER online at the same time."

I would hardly call these numbers made up. I admit they are not based on any scientific study, but they are a rough estimate of the breakdown, and a very valid estimate, I might add.
"Per usual, if you disagree, provide an example. Seeing as how you claim I question you constantly, and allegedly 70% of those instances are in response to some light-hearted remark, it shouldn't take you long at all to find a few."

And yet, FDR, the most popular president in US history, based his economic policy on Keynesian theory. Sorry, but your credibility simply doesn't measure up to that of FDR.
He is nowhere near the most popular President in US history. It's called the twenty-second amendment, genius. What's more, Washington stepped down, and Lincoln was assassinated.

More importantly, many of the policies FDR actually enacted were consistent with supply-side economics. And, of course, I've already demonstrated how flawed the logic behind Keynesianism is, to which your only defense is to point to some historical figure in hopes that it'll support your case.

I think you recall incorrectly.
If you don't think many people here think you possess "arrogance, elitist pretensions, thick-headedness, ignorance, narrow-mindedness, etc., etc.," then you can't be helped.

BANNED

Congratulations, you've just proven that I called you an Indian. Now, where are those racist comments you love to blather about?
Oh, please! How would you react if I (hypothetically) called you an ignorant redneck, or something along those lines? You didn't just call me an Indian, you called me, in effect, an "insane Indian immigrant." I suppose that is a entirely tolerant, unbiased remark to make, eh?

"Being like" and "having connections with" are entirely different things The former is a judgement of character...the latter is a judgement of events. Regardless, I can give you the actual quote, if you like, as well as the retraction and apology that followed shortly afterwards.
I stand corrected . . . my mistake. So, you don't explicitly have connections with the KKK (at least none you have admitted), you are only LIKE a member of the KKK . . . and I can see where that is coming from!

Everyone got along fine when you were gone, too. All you're establishing here is that when I'm around you, it causes you to look bad, which I don't deny. Of course people turn against you when someone takes the time to call you on your sloppy, careless, uinformed (yet still opinionated) claims.
I don't think it has anything to do with my "sloppy, careless, uninformed (yet still opinionated) claims" at all. Rather, I think it has to do with your relentless, baseless hostility towards me, coupled with your propensity to distort everything I say and dissect my most offhand remark in the most petty manner imaginable, coupled with your endorsement of Silver Bullet's antics, which involve editing and deleting my posts.

You're grasping. Sunfrog's gripes are political, and he'll concur with anyone whose political beliefs line up with his, regardless of the validity of what they say. As for Pid: if you think he believes I'm using my power here to unfairly silence arguments and influence discussions, ask him. This is quite aside from the fact that even if you could produce a person or two who agrees with you, it wouldn't make you right. If you want to make this a popularity contest, you'll lose.
If Sunfrog's gripes are political, then yours are doubly so! As for Pid, I have already quoted him. What more need I say. He clearly states that you have, in the past, displayed a distinct bias in your administrative role.

From an earlier (ignored) post:

"Vlad signed up under the same email address. Only someone with access to that email address would have been able to confirm the account -- and confirmed it was. Shortly afterwards, the email address under the account was then changed. Subsequent aliases featured the same basic IP signature and similar email addresses, as well as similar agendas. What's more, none of them were EVER online at the same time."
Proves nothing, Sherlock. You have no evidence of anything.

"Per usual, if you disagree, provide an example. Seeing as how you claim I question you constantly, and allegedly 70% of those instances are in response to some light-hearted remark, it shouldn't take you long at all to find a few."
Well, if you want examples, then I can easily give you two:
2 - That journalistic integrity is the "very concept of the universe we live in."
. . .
4 - That people go "insane" due to the unrealistically fast-paced nature of modern movies.
These are the most absurd, irrelevant gripes anyone could ever make against anyone else!

He is nowhere near the most popular President in US history. It's called the twenty-second amendment, genius. What's more, Washington stepped down, and Lincoln was assassinated.
Excuses, excuses! Fact is, he was elected the most times in the history of the US presidency. Need I say more? Furthermore, he successfully steered the US through two of its biggest crises in it history, namely the Great Depression and WWII. Thus, not only was he, arguably, the most popular President, but also the most capable.

More importantly, many of the policies FDR actually enacted were consistent with supply-side economics. And, of course, I've already demonstrated how flawed the logic behind Keynesianism is, to which your only defense is to point to some historical figure in hopes that it'll support your case.
That's a weak argument if I ever heard one. FDR's "New Deal" which he used to combat the Great Depression was applied Keynesianism at its finest. Period.

If you don't think many people here think you possess "arrogance, elitist pretensions, thick-headedness, ignorance, narrow-mindedness, etc., etc.," then you can't be helped.
If anyone here has a negative impression of me, it is entirely due to your persuasion, incitement and antagonism towards me.

How would you react if I (hypothetically) called you an ignorant redneck, or something along those lines? You didn't just call me an Indian, you called me, in effect, an "insane Indian immigrant." I suppose that is a entirely tolerant, unbiased remark to make, eh?
Redneck is a mild racial slur. Indian is not. If you called me an ignorant redneck, I'd think you were a fool, but I wouldn't be so daft as to try to pretend all of your gripes with me were racially motivated. That's a silly, desperate argument.

I stand corrected . . . my mistake. So, you don't explicitly have connections with the KKK (at least none you have admitted), you are only LIKE a member of the KKK . . . and I can see where that is coming from!
Tell me about it. I called you an Indian...I might as well start burning crosses.

I don't think it has anything to do with my "sloppy, careless, uninformed (yet still opinionated) claims" at all. Rather, I think it has to do with your relentless, baseless hostility towards me, coupled with your propensity to distort everything I say and dissect my most offhand remark in the most petty manner imaginable, coupled with your endorsement of Silver Bullet's antics, which involve editing and deleting my posts.
Then how do you explain the fact that people like Steve and Cait think the same as I do in regards to the way you argue, without any prompt or influence from me? They've been wholly independent throughout all this, and yet have come to the same conclusions.

If Sunfrog's gripes are political, then yours are doubly so! As for Pid, I have already quoted him. What more need I say. He clearly states that you have, in the past, displayed a distinct bias in your administrative role.
For the billionth time: if my gripes were political, why haven't they gotten anything even resembling similar "treatment"? I'll tell you why: they know that it's childish and pretentious to babble away on subjects you don't know about.

Yes, you quoted Pid. You quoted a question from Pid. Not a conclusion. Do you ever want to know whether what you're saying is actually true?

Proves nothing, Sherlock. You have no evidence of anything.
Yes, I do. Unless someone broke into your email account, at least two of those aliases are yours. What's more, they all came flooding in around the same time, to defend you, and featured IP addresses so similar that they must've all lived in the same basic area around you, too.

You've been nailed to the wall. Quit squirming.

2 - That journalistic integrity is the "very concept of the universe we live in."
. . .
4 - That people go "insane" due to the unrealistically fast-paced nature of modern movies.

These are the most absurd, irrelevant gripes anyone could ever make against anyone else!
Even if I were to assume they are absurd and irrelevant (which they're not), they're not in response to casual, offhand remarks. They are in response to very deliberate remarks in a long post within an in-depth discussion.

Excuses, excuses! Fact is, he was elected the most times in the history of the US presidency. Need I say more? Furthermore, he successfully steered the US through two of its biggest crises in it history, namely the Great Depression and WWII. Thus, not only was he, arguably, the most popular President, but also the most capable.
Yes, excuses. And good ones. Namely that in modern times it hasn't even been POSSIBLE to elect a President more than twice, and two Presidents both more famous than FDR (Washington and Lincoln) both were unwilling or unable to continue with what would've certainly been at LEAST third terms.

Sorry, but you're dead wrong.

That's a weak argument if I ever heard one. FDR's "New Deal" which he used to combat the Great Depression was applied Keynesianism at its finest. Period.
No, it wasn't, and what I said stands: he did not hold true to Keynesian policies through his term. Frankly, why would he? The only supply and demand on his mind for quite awhile was the supply and demand for bullets.

I've already destroyed the logic behind it without so much as half a retort from you. Now you've just fallen back on what you think is a reliable crutch for your ignorance: leaning on the popularity of some historical figure who you think held the same ideals. Sorry, but you don't prove Keynesianism by pointing to FDR anymore than you prove Christianity by pointing to Augustine.

If anyone here has a negative impression of me, it is entirely due to your persuasion, incitement and antagonism towards me.
In that case, you claims about lacking charisma and intelligence can't be true. Morons aren't cleverly persuasive.

Regardless, this is nothing more than a child shirking responsibility for its actions. Grow the hell up and face reality. There's not a person here who's not disturbed by the alleged fact that you're older than I am. Bet on it.

Originally posted by Django
Contrary to your popular belief, my opinion of you lies solely on top of your head…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

BANNED
Before I go any further with this discussion, out of curiosity, how old are you, Yoda, and you, Caitlyn? At least, that way I'll have an idea of your emotional maturity. Fact is, I have always been assuming that I have been talking with peers, the thought never occurring to me that I might be discussing issues with minors. If you can give me an idea of your respective ages, that way I'll know how to address you in the future.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Django
Before I go any further with this discussion, out of curiosity, how old are you, Yoda, and you, Caitlyn? At least, that way I'll have an idea of your emotional maturity. Fact is, I have always been assuming that I have been talking with peers, the thought never occurring to me that I might be discussing issues with minors. If you can give me an idea of your respective ages, that way I'll know how to address you in the future.
You know what?? When I found out that you were 34 I reacted the same way as I did when I found out that Yoda was 18 - I almost fell off my chair. Bottomline is, you are a very immature man for your age and Yoda is a very mature man for his age. Note that I called both of you "man". Drop this age-thing right now... You're only biting your own ass when you disqualify past discussions because of your opponents' age.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

there's a frog in my snake oil
um, as an outside observer to some of the raging history between our two protagonists, i'd have to say django, fine orator that you are, and sweetly principled too it seems, if there's some immature maturity competition going on, you lost it to Yoda a long time ago, way before you brought up the non-issue of age. I'm sure you're a lovely bloke (and no i haven't been turned against you by some sibilant chain of internet in-chat, but just coz you don't conceede defeat when perhaps you should, and coz methinks you "protest to much" from time to time).

back to the movies eh? (and the Iraq thread of course, and my imminant: "is GM bad for us" thread etc etc. Long live the polemic )

BANNED
First of all, I can safely attest to you that I am a lot more mature than Yoda. The reality is that Yoda only sounds mature because he is the acting forum admin, and usually talks in his typical officious manner. I would argue that, although I admit he is doing a decent job on the technical side of things in the forum, he seriously lacks the maturity to be an admin. Most of my antagonism towards Yoda in the past has stemmed from my anger at his poor judgment in administrative issues--e.g. his inability to distinguish between a trivial detail and an important issue, his propensity to spam threads with pointless irrelevancies, his biased support of his close buddies and his endorsement of their questionable practices, etc. I assumed that Yoda was an adult of around 40 or so, hence my antagonism towards him. Now that I see that he is only 18, his actions are understandable, if not entirely excusable. Yoda may be very technically proficient, but he seriously lacks the maturity to effectively administrate on the content. If I were in his position, I would abdicate my authority (in terms of managing the content) to someone with more emotional maturity and stick to technical issues, where I would know what I was talking about. I, on the other hand, because I have taken an anti-authoritarian stance in most of the discussions in here, consequently have come across as seeming to be a lot less mature than I am. Also, if you notice, in the past, I have frequently expressed my frustration at Yoda's actions by telling him to "grow up." Again, this was done so under the impression that Yoda was around 40 years old, which is how old he sounds (by virtue of his extremely dull, monotonous, uninteresting manner of speech). But, considering that he is only 18, I can't fault him for lacking in maturity vis-a-vis his judgment, though I can fault him for his shabby judgment on a number of issues and question his competency as a forum admin (not technically, but with regard to the forum content), especially noting his habitual display of bias and double-standards on numerous occasions. Particularly noteworthy in this regard is his sanction and endorsement of Silver Bullet's juvenile tactics of editing my posts and filling them with profane and insulting garbage directed against me.

BANNED
Originally Posted by Yoda
Redneck is a mild racial slur. Indian is not. If you called me an ignorant redneck, I'd think you were a fool, but I wouldn't be so daft as to try to pretend all of your gripes with me were racially motivated. That's a silly, desperate argument.
If I recall correctly, the term you used was "insane Indian immigrant." I think that's at least equivalent to "ignorant redneck." Interestingly, when you referred to me as an "insane Indian immigrant," I immediately thought to myself, "Wow! What an ignoramus!" Also, the reason I think your gripes against me are racially motivated comes from an observation of your attitude over a period of time. A lot of things you have said in here, your bias displayed on numerous occasions, all convince me that you might be racist in your thinking. You asked me for examples, and I gave them to you.

Tell me about it. I called you an Indian...I might as well start burning crosses.
That's very quaint, but I hardly think this is an issue to make light of. The fact that you do make light of an issue as serious as this is further evidence of either your immaturity or your racial bias or, possibly, both.

Then how do you explain the fact that people like Steve and Cait think the same as I do in regards to the way you argue, without any prompt or influence from me? They've been wholly independent throughout all this, and yet have come to the same conclusions.
I hardly think that their conclusions are "without any prompt or influence from you" considering that you have actively supported them on numerous occasions! Fact is, it seems your pet project consists in turning people against me any way you can. I come in here to chat with people--this is recreation, not business, for me. I discuss political issues in informal conversation, kind of like one would discuss politics in a bar or in an office rec room. It's not my intention to come in here to pursue dissertation studies in political science! You don't seem to have anything else to do other than spend your time researching every trivial issue in the planet! Like I said, this is a forum, and I come in here to chat informally, not to get into a major debate over nitpicky, pointless trivialities! The fact that you have to ruin every single attempt on my part to start a discussion in this vein reflects on the fact that you are probably a college nerd with no social life and nothing better to do than gripe over nonsense with anyone you happen to dislike, more often than not, as a consequence of your own prejudices.

For the billionth time: if my gripes were political, why haven't they gotten anything even resembling similar "treatment"? I'll tell you why: they know that it's childish and pretentious to babble away on subjects you don't know about.

Yes, you quoted Pid. You quoted a question from Pid. Not a conclusion. Do you ever want to know whether what you're saying is actually true?
Oh, they have gotten exactly the same treatment. You have pretty consistently displayed the propensity to alienate pretty much anyone you happen to disagree with politically. Also, as a forum admin, nothing justifies the juvenile tactics you have endorsed against me, namely, editing my posts and filling them with offensive garbage. I honestly don't see how you can claim to have the level of maturity to effectively manage the content of a forum like this in the light of such behavior on your part, which, frankly, belongs to a 3rd grade schoolroom! So much for your maturity! I quoted Pidzilla to demonstrate that he has, in the past, expressed concerns very similar to mine--i.e. concerning your biased mismanagement of the forum--your alienation of people with views that you do not sympathize with and your endorsement of anyone, even the most juvenile of people (case in point, Silver Bullet), who happens to be on your side on the issues. Again: BIASED, RACIST and JUVENILE!!!

Yes, I do. Unless someone broke into your email account, at least two of those aliases are yours. What's more, they all came flooding in around the same time, to defend you, and featured IP addresses so similar that they must've all lived in the same basic area around you, too.

You've been nailed to the wall. Quit squirming.
All you have voiced are your suspicions. There is no hard evidence to back up any of your claims. You are just grasping at straws, in a typically dunderheaded manner.

Even if I were to assume they are absurd and irrelevant (which they're not), they're not in response to casual, offhand remarks. They are in response to very deliberate remarks in a long post within an in-depth discussion.
Well, not only are they MAJOR distortions of what I said in the past, they are also completely IRRELEVANT to the issue of my conduct on this forum, which is the reason for your mindless inquisition. Face it, you are a liar and a racist who is intent on contriving ANY reason or excuse to pursue an endless campaign of hostility against me. YOU have been nailed to the wall! Quit squirming--none of your excuses bears any weight or substance.

Yes, excuses. And good ones. Namely that in modern times it hasn't even been POSSIBLE to elect a President more than twice, and two Presidents both more famous than FDR (Washington and Lincoln) both were unwilling or unable to continue with what would've certainly been at LEAST third terms.

Sorry, but you're dead wrong.
Well, whatever the circumstances might be, facts are facts. All you can offer are hypotheses of what might have been. To which, all I can say is that speculations prove nothing.

No, it wasn't, and what I said stands: he did not hold true to Keynesian policies through his term. Frankly, why would he? The only supply and demand on his mind for quite awhile was the supply and demand for bullets.

I've already destroyed the logic behind it without so much as half a retort from you. Now you've just fallen back on what you think is a reliable crutch for your ignorance: leaning on the popularity of some historical figure who you think held the same ideals. Sorry, but you don't prove Keynesianism by pointing to FDR anymore than you prove Christianity by pointing to Augustine..
Ridiculous. FDR's New Deal, involving the creation of new jobs in the public sector to stimulate consumer demand and, thereby, the economy, by injecting cash into the economy is the very essence of Keynesian demand-side economics. Sure, I can point to FDR as an example of applied Keynesianism and question your own flawed marginalization of the same. Sorry, but your claims are, as usual, completely baseless and unjustified. Seems to me that you have developed a habit of making hollow declarations without being substantiated by the facts! You may claim to have won the debate all you like and claim that I am ignorant or misinformed, or that I fail to provide a basis for my arguments, but ALL THESE CLAIMS are, quite simply, WRONG!!! They are baseless, fallacious claims that only UNDERMINE YOUR CREDIBILITY!!!

In that case, you claims about lacking charisma and intelligence can't be true. Morons aren't cleverly persuasive.

Regardless, this is nothing more than a child shirking responsibility for its actions. Grow the hell up and face reality. There's not a person here who's not disturbed by the alleged fact that you're older than I am. Bet on it.
Well, I hardly said you were cleverly persuasive. You are, most certainly, devoid of charisma and intelligence--a singularly dull, monotonous drudge of an individual, if I might add. At your age, I would be out there having a good time instead of carrying on endlessly over pointless nonsense like a drone from hell! You probably have no social life, either, and I can see why! People must run the heck away from you! The fact is, being forum admin (and a singularly biased, immature admin at that) hardly makes you responsible or mature. If anyone has displayed a lack of maturity or responsibility for their actions in here, it is yourself. Your age excuses that, but, in that case, you shouldn't be administrating on the content of this forum either. In your position, I would stick to the technical issues, where I would be competent, and give someone a lot more mature the reigns of handling the content. And concerning our age differences, I happen to be a light-hearted, fun-loving guy who happens to know how to have a good time. On the other hand, you are a singularly dull, monotonous, officious, boring drudge who probably has cobwebs growing out of his ears, at the same time, being too immature to handle the responsibility he has taken on. If anyone is disturbed about our age differences, that is probably the reason, I might venture to suggest.

BANNED
Well, I used to be human . . .

But then, Yoda came along, and I gradually began to metamorphose into something less than human . . . and here, I stand before you today, more a machine than a man, I'm sad to say!

there's a frog in my snake oil
Tomorrow's installment:

Yoda coughs up a red pill and collapses at his computer. Can the doctor's save him?
Django's passionate love for Attention leads to a messy argument. Will his article for Melodrama magazine go unwritten?
And Kong lapses into a coma (change of subject - just want to argue with Kong about a spoon. SPOON FEED ME KONG!!)

...alternative appraisal...

My life isn't written very well.
Django(Oh boy you do like attention!), what is this facination you have with Yoda? It's almost like you have this fixation on arguing with him. You set him up by throwing wild and untrue accusations at him, he defends himself, you point out that he's wrong by throwing more accusations at him, he defends himself again, you throw more accusations at him, he defends himself, accusations, defense, accusations, defense, accusations, defense, accusations, defense...

Are you really bored? It really feels like you are cyber-stalking Yoda: reading--I mean really reading his post--then twisting his words around so much that he needs to go back, find his posts, re-read them, figure out what exactly you're accusing him of, defend himself again, read more accusations, defend himself, accusations, defend...

My goodness, with all the time you spend harrassing, yes harrassing him, I would think you must have nothing but time or money on your hands and only a few friends!
Sometimes this tennis match is amusing, but my neck is seriously beginning to hurt!

Anyway, you two can use your time whichever way you choose, but to me, it seems Django, you're wasting Yoda's time on purpose, and that seems a bit psychotic. Are you wasting his time on purpose?

r66-The member who always asks WHY?