Happy Thanksgiving 2004

Tools    

Happy Turkey Day MoFos!!! What are everyone's plans today?? Or what has everyone done today??
Me, I had a nice Thanksgiving breakfast, and am going out later for brunch at Steak and Ale. They are having turkey and all that of course but since we are going there, I am going to order a nice steak

Well, I'm going to go back and keep watching this years' Thanksgiving Day's Parade. .

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Today, I went out to an early thanksgiving dinner with my dad, and later I am going to work. This is kind of a sucky thanksgiving. My cousin didn't invite me to her house this year, which, yeah, i couldn't have gone, but the invite would have been appreciated. I went to BOTH of her weddings.

Anyways, things I am thankful for this year:

I am thankful that I have Amy, who I love and who makes me happier than I ever have been in my whole life.

I am thankful that I have not been sent to Iraq, and that none of my friends have been killed in the war.

I am thankful that I am getting promoted at work so I can afford to keep my cable and maybe get myself a nicer apartment.

and I am thankful that I have my friends, who were there for me when things seemed bad and I didn't want to go on.

Happy thanksgiving, Y'all.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I thought it was 2003 this year....

HAppy Thanksgiving!
I too am thankful you have Amy, who made my life a living hell! j/k

I have't done anything yet. My breakfast is a cup of coffee which I like to call Joe. I wish I had some Jones Turkey and Gravy soda.

This thread is a little early, isn't it? I mean, Thanksgiving 2004 is a year away.

BANNED
Happy Thanksgiving 2003! To one and all!

I have many things to be thankful for in my life, and I am deeply grateful to any and everyone concerned for all of them! Especially to God and Jesus Christ.

Anyway, here's wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and a happy turkey dinner!

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally Posted by sunfrog
HAppy Thanksgiving!
I too am thankful you have Amy, who made my life a living hell! j/k
Okay, I don't get the joke....don't be saying bad stuff about my girl, you!

Originally Posted by Garrett
I thought it was 2003 this year....
I know, damn freakin' typo.

Anyways...

I am thankful for making it through this year with the $$$ problems that I have.

I am thankful for my sister getting well this year over her depression and troubles.

I am thankful for "still" working at Cinemark.

and of course I am thankful for being part of this MoFo community, which I will be and plan to be for as long as possible.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Happy Thanksgiving my MoFo pals!

Happy Thanksgiving all… I had to work today but we all brought food and a couple of the guys deep fried turkeys…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Lets put a smile on that block
I wish we had Thanksgiving in the UK. Its probably the biggest American Holiday next to 4th of July that i wish we had.

I have some questions....

Is it a bit like Christmas thanksgiving? Do you all sit atround eating turkey till your sweating and full to the brim? You dont exchange gifts though? Does it feel close to Christmas when you have Thankgiving? Becuase you eat Turkeys at Thanksgiving, what meat do you eat on Christmas day? We have Turkey in Britain...with Cranberry sauce.........*Homer Simspon style drooling ensues at thought*

My life isn't written very well.
Originally Posted by blibblobblib
I have some questions....

Is it a bit like Christmas thanksgiving? Do you all sit atround eating turkey till your sweating and full to the brim? You dont exchange gifts though? Does it feel close to Christmas when you have Thankgiving? Becuase you eat Turkeys at Thanksgiving, what meat do you eat on Christmas day? We have Turkey in Britain...with Cranberry sauce.........*Homer Simspon style drooling ensues at thought*
Well Blib, Thanksgiving is more than just sitting around eating turkey. Thanksgiving in America is the beginning of family interaction. In America Thanksgiving is the time when we sit down amongst friends and family and "catch up" on the details of the previous year. Some family members have gotten new jobs, spouses or children. In America, things move very fast and there isn't enough time within the 365 days to keep up with everything that goes on in our close friends and families real, everyday lives. Thanksgiving is when we begin to share with everyone around us, and we realize that without them we would be lost. So we are thankful that aunt Sue made it through the surgery, that Uncle Frank has gotten the promotion and that we, ourselves have made it through another year with our health-- our sanity and our family and friends. Happy Thanksgiving MoFos: I love being a part of your lives. More stuffing...?

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

It was never like that for me in my family. We watched football and ate turkey and ham without thinking of god, family, or country. It was just a day off with 2 games to watch. My family was never good at being a family.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by r3port3r66
Well Blib, Thanksgiving is more than just sitting around eating turkey. Thanksgiving in America is the beginning of family interaction. In America Thanksgiving is the time when we sit down amongst friends and family and "catch up" on the details of the previous year. Some family members have gotten new jobs, spouses or children. In America, things move very fast and there isn't enough time within the 365 days to keep up with everything that goes on in our close friends and families real, everyday lives. Thanksgiving is when we begin to share with everyone around us, and we realize that without them we would be lost. So we are thankful that aunt Sue made it through the surgery, that Uncle Frank has gotten the promotion and that we, ourselves have made it through another year with our health-- our sanity and our family and friends. Happy Thanksgiving MoFos: I love being a part of your lives. More stuffing...?
Thank you for clearing that up R66, its a shame we dont have a day like that over here, but then again, we do exactly that at Christams, the whole family gets togther, we sit and gorge ouselves, and catch up on eachothers business, then we all sit donw and play borad games and watch Eastenders and the Queens Speech. Its a lovely day

Other holidays we have for catching up with eachother -

Guy Fawkes Night.....thats about it.

You guys make so much more fun with your holidays....you have -

4th of July
Halloween (You celebrate it much more than us - Well thats what the movies dictate anyway)
Thanksgiving
Do u do anything for Labour day?

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Do u do anything for Labour day?
White collar workers usually have the day off, that's about it.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
It was never like that for me in my family. We watched football and ate turkey and ham without thinking of god, family, or country. It was just a day off with 2 games to watch. My family was never good at being a family.

That sounds a lot like my family… we never celebrated what would be considered a traditional Thanksgiving… for us, it was just a day off to watch the parades, ball games, and eat… and eat… and eat… ... but we did share time together and I think that is really what counts...

For Thankgiving I first had a great turkey dinner at my dad's house and then me and my sister went to my mom's house for desert!
and we sleep over there too!Well my sister went back to my dad's house the next morning but still it was alot of fun I love Pumkin pie!yummy!My sister missed out of all the yummy food she does not eat animals or anything that comes from an animal so she did not eat turkey!She has no idea what she was missing!
Anyway that was my Thankgiving dinner and it was good!Happy Thankgiving and see you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!