Best Final Scene?

Tools    

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Agreed!! So refreshing to see, too, after the myriad of hollywood tales of ruined lives.

Also, the endings of:
Hedwig and the Angry Inch
Big Fish (though it made me cry buckets)
Harold and Maude - when he's walking off, dancing

oh, and Dangerous Liasons. Nice to see the bad guys get theirs!

I Liked The Final Scene in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

A system of cells interlinked
Need to add another here:

12 Monkeys

Best scene ever would have to be for me Reservoir Dogs, when i first saw that movie i never thought that at the end all of that would happened. ONe of my favorite movies of all time.

The Emperor of Ice Cream
12 monkeys indeed..

Put me in your pocket...
Favorite final scenes....

The Wizard of Oz
Some Like it Hot
Bringing up Baby
It's a Wonderful Life
Solas
Together
To Live
The Way Home (2002)
Sense and Sensibility
The Italian Job (1969)
~ (I liked the ending of the 2003 version, but the final scene in the original is more memorable.)

and so on...

I liked the hook of Kill Bill vol.1... definitely leaves you wanting more

The original Ocean’s Eleven

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
The original Ocean’s Eleven
i have to agree with caity on the above and with annie's on the ending of the original italian job...

but

i love the final scenes from victor/victoria and oscar...

Your Puuuur-fect Movie Companion!
My fav endings come from a few eps of WB's Batman: The Animated Series.

Tyger Tyger: Batman utters a poem for a creature of an experiment gone wrong
I Am The Night: Bruce finds the reason for his battle at his parents' grave
Heart Of Ice: Victor Fries speaks sorrowfully to the memory of his wife about his curse

Bittersweet... the way I like it. :P

"Never let a dog pick what you watch."

I love the ending of FIRST WIVES CLUB I loved the singing and dancing

**** ME! I'M ALL OUTTA ENEMIES!!
scarface-how Tony juss dies after all dat fightin
Halloween H20- jamie lee curtis killz da wrong guy and u see Micheal walk off
Freddy Vs. Jason- Jason gets outta da water wid Freddys head and u think Freddys dead but den he winks at u! DAT WAS DA ****IN ****!!!

Put me in your pocket...
Thanks susan.

I wanted to add the very final scene in Bowfinger.
Making an action film in Tawain the Nerdy Eddie Murphy is fighting off ninja's then gets help from Steve Martin. Very funny.

Clint Eastwood's speach at the end of Unforgiven was pretty surreal. I also like the ending of The Princess Bride where Cary Elwes character scares Prince Humperdink with his threat, and then they jump on the horses and drive away. Instant tear-jerker dude.

As for recent endings, The Village was pretty good. It was a classic Shymalan ending. I also love Reservoir Dogs ending (of course). The msuic during the credits really add to the atmosphere of a place that's been completely wiped out.
Jeff Buckley - Sketches For My Sweetheart The Drunk
At The Drive-In - Acrobatic Tenemant
Air - Moon Safari

"I'm the man,"
~ David Carradine, Kill Bill Vol. 2

Originally Posted by I fought Jason and Freddy
Halloween H20- jamie lee curtis killz da wrong guy and u see Micheal walk off
That never happened in the movie H2o. You're probably thinking of the explaination given to make amends with why michael was still alive in the movie Halloween Resurrection considering that he was supposed to have lost his head.

The ending in seven gave the perfect completion to the work of john doe's 2 last remaining deadly sins.

Forest Gump comes to mind and the very very very very very last scene of ROTK when they sail off the the grey havens.Perfect ending to a really great book and movie.
Legends of the Fall
BraveHeart
American History X

The very, very, very, very last scene of RotK is Sam coming home to his wife and kids and telling her that he's back (in complience with the book). The sailing to the Grey Havens is the scene before the very, very, very, very last scene.

Great ending?

The Usual Suspects - made me watch it again, immediately.

Cheers

Originally Posted by StarSailor
The very, very, very, very last scene of RotK is Sam coming home to his wife and kids and telling her that he's back (in complience with the book). The sailing to the Grey Havens is the scene before the very, very, very, very last scene.

Great ending?
Oops....your so right.Its been a while since I seen it.I've been waiting for the extended edition to see it again,my bad.