The Videogames Tab

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
No I haven't, and I'd still give a slight edge for II over III.

Suspect's Reviews

Know what, I'm glad Uncharted isn't to much like Tomb Raider, as TR gets boring fast.

The People's Republic of Clogher
No I haven't, and I'd still give a slight edge for II over III.
I'd give quite a big edge for II over III but Lara Croft and the GOL isn't as good as II. What i meant was it's the best TR game since the old girl was gracing the PS1 with her conical chest region.

Pedz - It's funny, but the main problem I had with the Uncharted games was the repetitiveness. There's just a bit too much gunplay and not enough exploration.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im loving Reach, not having a laptop ive just bee playing it online loads, anyone up for some Reach gaming add me on live, gamertag is - N3WT84

F1 2010 is mighty.

It's as close to a full-on Sim as we're likely to get on a console (and I'd say that the FIA wouldn't want a full-on Sim for their product as it would undoubtedly hurt sales) and I'm loving dragging my Lotus around various tracks.

The driver AI is excellent - Alonso is as hard as nails to pass and Schumacher has already punted me off from behind after I was cheeky enough to overtake him.

Just want to get a solid season behind me so the contract offers from the big teams will start to appear.

Got one of these today - Yep, it's a penis-shaped, battery powered vibrating thing which apparently brings joy to the user depending on how it's moved.

I know that the PS3 is supposed to cater for a slightly more mature market but this is going overboard.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Got one of these today - Yep, it's a penis-shaped, battery powered vibrating thing which apparently brings joy to the user depending on how it's moved.

I know that the PS3 is supposed to cater for a slightly more mature market but this is going overboard.

There are many pics I could post but I may get banned so use your imagination

The pic I posted was of how the Move controller looks suspiciously like a Ladies' Toy.

It's actually really good. The reviews I've read say it's more accurate than the Wii controller but I've not played on the Wii enough to make a real comparison. Yes, it's a shameless ripoff but I'm looking forward to Heavy Rain with the Move Patch.

Tomb Raider 2 was the first TR game I played. Couldn't even get past the 4 leve without cheating, but at least it was doable. TR 3 was something else entirely. Great graphics (at the time) and terrific level designs..but did anybody else clock the game without having to cheat???? Even today I don't think i'd be able to complete it. That's what I didn't like about the Tomb Raider games, they were just too damn hard for me and discouraged me from ever buying anymore. Still love the snowmobile scene in Tomb Raider 2 though, with the awesome soundtrack and obstacles you've gotta go through

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
The pic I posted was of how the Move controller looks suspiciously like a Ladies' Toy.

It's actually really good. The reviews I've read say it's more accurate than the Wii controller but I've not played on the Wii enough to make a real comparison. Yes, it's a shameless ripoff but I'm looking forward to Heavy Rain with the Move Patch.
Ive seen afew things on it and it does look like a good add on for the PS3 I do look forward to playing with one (in a gaming way ofcourse)

I'm quite lucky that a number of games I already have are Move compatible - Heavy Rain (a bit weird with the new controls, to be honest), High Velocity Bowling (perfect) and Hustle Kings (weird but it was the first one I tried so I bet it feels better now). It comes with a demo disc which has Tiger Woods 2011, Wii Sports HD Sports Champions and a couple of others.

Being a bloke, I went into Argos this morning with a kettle which had gone pop and came out with a PS Move starter pack and a very cheap kettle which will probably go pop in a week or two.

Prestige - You're right about the Tomb Raider soundtrack. I think that the first game has some of the best original music (and perfectly introduced) ever heard in a game.

I found out that if I play it from disc in my PS3 it gives you the option (in the music bit of the XMB) to rip the music tracks to your hard drive.

Downloading Assassin's Creed Brotherhood multiplayer Beta right now. I've got 2 days until my Playstation+ subscription runs out so am making the most of it.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Just beat Heavy Rain.

WARNING: "HEAVY RAIN" spoilers below
I actually suspected Madison to be the killer, but once I saw Scott being resistant to cross reference the names, I knew it was him.

Such an engaging story and the score was amazing. I didn't know how well they could pull it off, but I was invested the whole time.

Playing through again to get the different endings.

As far as Trophies go, crossed 900 with Heavy Rain, currently at 916 I believe. With 5 Platinums.

Prestige - You're right about the Tomb Raider soundtrack. I think that the first game has some of the best original music (and perfectly introduced) ever heard in a game.

I found out that if I play it from disc in my PS3 it gives you the option (in the music bit of the XMB) to rip the music tracks to your hard drive.
I'm guessing that's only with the 60GB PS3, right??

Nope, all PS3's will play PS1 discs. Something I only discovered a few months ago - I assumed that all backwards compatibility had gone, not just PS2, and you could only play PS1 games via PSN downloads.

It smooths out the jaggies quite well too, but nowhere near as good as ePSXe on the PC.

I'm giving Red Dead Redemption another play - It's as good as it was first time round, game of the year by a distance for me - and doing a bit of multiplayer.

Online is fun but still has the problems of idiots camping a few hundred yds from respawn points with sniper rifles.

I managed to make a Frenchman rather irate the other day: "Ferk ewe, Paddy ferking Sonatine, you ferker!" he shouted into his little headset while I filled the dirty rotten varment full of lead for the umpteenth time.

I think it's twice the game that GTA4 is, to be honest. None of that daft cellphone SIMS stuff, for starters, and The West is such a perfect backdrop for a sandbox game.

Must spend more time in the multiplayer actually. There's some good weapons to be had once you've levelled up.