Nats cinema journey

→ in
Tools    

I caught Rest Stop on cable one night. It's a nice little hidden gem horror.

Check out Pirhana 3D (2010) if you get the chance. It is crazy fun.

Rest stop is a hidden gem. It's not a film for everyone but glad you liked it.

Piranha 3d sounds interesting I will see if I can find it

Piranha 3d sounds interesting I will see if I can find it
Then there's a sequel to that, not nearly as good, but it has its moments.
Is it worth a watch? Or just miss it all together?

I picked up Piranha 3D from the bargain bin a couple of weeks ago, maybe tonight's the night to watch it.

The rocky horror picture show

This film disappointed me. I love musicals but not this one. The acting is awful. The costumes are pitiful. It has a weird storyline that doesn't really go anywhere. It's just boring in general.

A walk to remember

This movie is one of the best of its genre I have seen. This film to actually very personal and close to home for me.

The two main characters Jamie sullivan (mandy moore) and landon (Shane west) really shine in this movie.

It's not your usual chick flick. This goes much deeper than that. It is very emotional especially the end.

If you watch this don't forget your tissues because you will cry even if you don't want too.

The cube

The cube is a low budget horror film that has a good idea and execution.

The feelings of doom and claustrophobia are all throughout the film. Even though the characters were annoying you knew how they all felt.

However

It's often repetitive, the booby traps are quite fun. The original creativity hasn't gone away it's just not that interesting anymore.

Overall I liked this movie.

The benchwarmers

Don't get me wrong I do like adam Sandler but this movie is just terrible.

The characters are not appealing and are not funny. I couldn't laugh at them or with them. All the jokes were old and unfunny. This movie is just a big fail for me in general.

White noise

This film could have been so much better. The EVP was a good gimmick but it got boring.

Michael keatons character was pretty normal and didn't know where to take the film.

The ending left no real conclusion and was just confusing to be honest. I rented this movie because I liked the trailer but I was majorly disappointed.

House of wax

I rented this movie because I like Chad Michael Murray and it didn't disappoint. It has everything I like in a horror movie. Genuine murder scenes, stunning cinematography and the killers were creepy and freaky.

The special effects were amazing especially the house of wax!

The only gripe I had with it is that it took a while before the actual action took place.

Overall I recommend this movie who likes the genre.

The master

This film disappointed me.

Amy Adams does well in a supporting role. The whole film is beautifully set and I like the music too. It really sets the atmosphere.

There is no plot and no hook. The movie is so slow and so long that you get bored.

Phonix and hoffmans characters were really bad. They were one dimensional, unsympathetic and just bad.

What annoyed me the most though was there was no message in the film. I think movies that make you think and I didn't get that with this movie.

Everything you said here was basically wrong.

Or at least you didn't look properly... The characters are bad? One dimensional? No message? Just because you couldn't find it there was none or...?

And lastly, the movie is not one that makes you think? What in the world are you talking about? Did you even catch the scientology aspect or at the least knew about it?

The master

This film disappointed me.

Amy Adams does well in a supporting role. The whole film is beautifully set and I like the music too. It really sets the atmosphere.

There is no plot and no hook. The movie is so slow and so long that you get bored.

Phonix and hoffmans characters were really bad. They were one dimensional, unsympathetic and just bad.

What annoyed me the most though was there was no message in the film. I think movies that make you think and I didn't get that with this movie.

Everything you said here was basically wrong.

Or at least you didn't look properly... The characters are bad? One dimensional? No message? Just because you couldn't find it there was none or...?

And lastly, the movie is not one that makes you think? What in the world are you talking about? Did you even catch the scientology aspect or at the least knew about it?

This one I need to rewatch because I really wasn't paying attention to it at all

Good.

I'm not saying you have to come out loving or even liking it. But give it a proper chance. I would recommend to wait a while with the rewatch and maybe read just a bit about the film before seeing it again.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I paid attention to The Master and I hated it.

Suspect's Reviews

I would appreciate your feedback on how good the review was and how I could improve
This is not a review. It's just a short comment without explaining why it kept your attention. How did Roger Moore surprise you? In what way? Please clarify this.

Here is my review:

The title and poster already suggest where it is going. Double D's signifying boobs and full frontal nudity. With that in mind you simply can't expect this one to be as good or even better. Piranha 3D used comedy as surprise. It was a horror first and foremost that increasingly became hilarious. In this sequel it is the other way around which messes up the whole vibe that the first had going for it. To enhance the comedy they tried to parody David Hasselhoff featuring David Hasselhoff himself. And that was an utter disaster. It wasn't funny in the slightest. Add to that the numerous boring sex jokes. I mean one running gag is this dude with curly hair sticking his Johnson in those holes you can find in swimming pools for sexual relief. Most jokes are of these caliber. Which is fine if it got compensated by the horror and gore. And there it goes completely wrong. In stead of more Piranhas causing chaos and mayhem there is less of them. Less of them means less gore. Big budget or low budget, I don't care. You don't mess with the one reason most people will pick this title in the first place. Not that there weren't some worth wile scenes. But the few that were could not compensate the overall mess that is Piranha 3 DD. This might be enjoyable for the ones that love bad C movies. Even then it's easily one of worst titles in that category.

The people vs o.j. Simpson

This is an excellent piece of TV. I have been reading up about this case and currently reading through the trial transcripts I found online.

Anyway this captures the emotion and passion of the murder trial. It has a professional feel to it and it looks very realistic.

Cuba good in Jr plays o.j. Simpson. He plays him very well. He captures all the feelings that o.j. Simpson must have been feeling all the way through the trial. The actor's who play marcia Clark and jonnie cochhan are fantastic especially jonnie cochhan Jr.

This is a excellent TV series that everyone should watch if they have been interested in this case.

I may get some stick for this but he goes. I never thought o.j. Simpson was guilty but I do think Jason Simpson had something to do with it.

Anyway watch this you wont regret it.