Help on pointing out a movie please.

Tools    

this question was asked to me. for some reason it sounds so familiar but i cant put my finger on it. here's the clue:

"She escaped with her cat in the first movie, with half an android and a little girl in the sequel, but in the third film she sacrificed herself to save everyone else. What film series is this? (HINT: The answer is one word)"

op never mind thanks anyways

ALIEN Trilogy

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Othelo
Actually its 4 films, though Alien 4 is forgettable in most people's minds.

It still has enough to keep me interested, what with Juenet's brilliant direction and the amazing cinematography. I also love the character set. But, alas, it does have many problems, and is my least favorite of the series (especially after seeing the wonderful Alien3 assembly cut). The end of Ressurection is just straight up awful, as well. So, ya, it's not too great, that one.

Originally Posted by Sedai
It still has enough to keep me interested, what with Juenet's brilliant direction and the amazing cinematography. I also love the character set. But, alas, it does have many problems, and is my least favorite of the series (especially after seeing the wonderful Alien3 assembly cut). The end of Ressurection is just straight up awful, as well. So, ya, it's not too great, that one.
Oh no doubt. I love all the Alien movies for reasons I enumerated on another thread. Every single one is about atmosphere which Resurrection has in spades. I also liked Delicatessen and City of Lost Children.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally Posted by Sedai
Glad you saw the Assembly Cut, I think it's actually my favorite of the quadrilogy. That is a strong film right there. It's more Fincher than Fincher. It takes place in the recesses of space and is yet more humane than all of his earth based films combined, IMO.

And I actually really like the ending to Ressurection. They did a fantastic job with that creature. Those close ups of it's face...it's actually somewhat heartbreaking.

Hey I didnt forget ALIEN 4, Im a fan of it and love Juenet and Caro's work. Its just the question only gave clues for the first three films hence Trilogy. Just thought id clear that up. Ive got a reputation to think about. lol