I, Robot review

→ in
Tools    

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Sorry fellas, did some searching and didn't find any rules/comments on what to post on the Reviews. Didn't see nothing about a certain amount of posts or what not. If I'm breaking any rules, go ahead and tell me. Other then that, I'd like it if you told me the pros/cons of my movie review. Took some time and effort into this, but I got to like it. Thanks.

--
****Spoiler Warning ****

So, I saw I, Robot the other day. Of course, the beloved Will Smith was in it. Of course, his acting is fairly good in my view, nothing too crappy and nothing too excelling, just enough to make me sit back, relax, and laugh. Of course the movie was taken in the future. A future involving robot intelligence that slowly takes away pretty much everything you have. I’ll try my very best not to expel reveal any spoilers, but that’s very hard for me considering I have a wandering mind. So here is my diligent effort to make you, the fans happy.

The movie started out with the obvious shot of the main actor himself, Mr. Smith. He’s really packed on the pounds…in a good way, ya mean? Anyways, the beginning was simple. He made his presence slowly and showed that life had slowly changed. Especially when he took out an old novelty that is used today…sort of. Anyways, as he dressed at the usual black person (don’t get me wrong) he stepped out side, and BAM! Robot.

From what it looked like in the first couple of scenes he had a bad history with robots in the past, and was pretty uptight with them. Now, through out the whole movie, I really don’t remember much swearing…maybe it’s toned down a bit in the future? Heh, no one really knows…but the presence of one Shia Labeouf was made and the only cuss words were thrown out, I believe.

He played a very small role in this movie…the tag along. Basically, that was it. He wasn’t truly needed for this movie, but I guess his presence was enough for a later scene in the movie which is quite…****ed up.

Obviously, the plot was just as most movies. Cop is under a lot of pressure because of something that has happened in the back; paranoid and very suspicious of every ONE and every THING around him. Of course, it ended up in the same old situation. Chief asks for badge, badge is given but the gun is kept. You can tell where it’s going.

Now the plot of the movie was to find out the answers of the death of the creator of NS5 robots, Dr. I forget his name, but you would too. Continuing on in this science fiction thriller, you could obviously tell their would be some sorts of humor having to be exerted…Hell, it was necessary if you had someone named Will Smith in it. I found some parts to be humorous, yet some others were just plain corny and made me want to yawn, but my hidden manners held that part in.

Now, the movie was trying to show off a relationship between Dr. Lanning (yes I searched for his name to make your life easier) was shown…very terribly. I mean, it seemed as if off the bat they wanted to show something had happened when the doctor, through some weird use of holographic communication, called Detective Snooper (the one and only, Will Smith), “Son”

Honestly, maybe it might be a trend in that time…but it showed that there was a very poor relationship between these two that should have been shown off with much more affection. Where was this affection? I couldn’t find it, but tried with their best efforts to make it up with a story with faces full of emotions.

I must admit some of the scenes in the movie thrilled me. Most of the outstanding scenes came from the robot fights. Yes, they fought. Now, along with these scenes came the mimic of the good old origin of Matrix Style “Slow your ass down so we can be amused” So yes, I was amused at most points, but at others I felt like searching for the remote for the screen.

The co-star, Bridget Movnahan (who to me looks like Sandra Bullock), played half action hero/half doctor roles. It was quite stupid how things were quickly rushed, but they were put together quickly as the comprehension of Sonny (a special someone you’ll meet around the beginning of the movie) was put together.

Now, basically Snooper had this idea that Dr. Lanning was murdered by a robot…yet, ALL of the world believes he is crazy, due to the fact that all robots must comply with the three laws that are given to them. After viewing the holographic message after Dr. Lannings death, Detective Snooper tried his best to collect any sort of evidence…only to be dealt with as some ragged doll most of the time and the evidence being taken away before anything was collected.

So, what is a cop to do in this situation? Like every situation, he slowly eases his way in…with the help of others, like always. Honestly, I thought this movie would have originality written all over it but it was the same old story with a cop, badge gone, and a strong belief/concern about something.

Of course, I enjoyed this moving. Acting was tremendous at some ends, and horrible at some others. Lots of weird turn of events happened through out this, that won’t totally surprise you but will kind of ask you more questions until they’re answered…sort of.

Now, this being my first review, I can easily say that I liked it…sort of. I should have done this review right after the movie, but I failed not to…for I had the idea today…or yesterday. Anyways, if I had to give this movie a rating out of 5, it would earn a 3 for its effort and fight scenes and the hard work exerted.

Originally Posted by Godsend
Sorry fellas, did some searching and didn't find any rules/comments on what to post on the Reviews. Didn't see nothing about a certain amount of posts or what not. If I'm breaking any rules, go ahead and tell me. Other then that, I'd like it if you told me the pros/cons of my movie review. Took some time and effort into this, but I got to like it. Thanks.

--

So, I saw I, Robot the other day. Of course, the beloved Will Smith was in it. Of course, his acting is fairly good in my view, nothing too crappy and nothing too excelling, just enough to make me sit back, relax, and laugh. Of course the movie was taken in the future. A future involving robot intelligence that slowly takes away pretty much everything you have. I’ll try my very best not to expel reveal any spoilers, but that’s very hard for me considering I have a wandering mind. So here is my diligent effort to make you, the fans happy.

The movie started out with the obvious shot of the main actor himself, Mr. Smith. He’s really packed on the pounds…in a good way, ya mean? Anyways, the beginning was simple. He made his presence slowly and showed that life had slowly changed. Especially when he took out an old novelty that is used today…sort of. Anyways, as he dressed at the usual black person (don’t get me wrong) he stepped out side, and BAM! Robot.

From what it looked like in the first couple of scenes he had a bad history with robots in the past, and was pretty uptight with them. Now, through out the whole movie, I really don’t remember much swearing…maybe it’s toned down a bit in the future? Heh, no one really knows…but the presence of one Shia Labeouf was made and the only cuss words were thrown out, I believe.

He played a very small role in this movie…the tag along. Basically, that was it. He wasn’t truly needed for this movie, but I guess his presence was enough for a later scene in the movie which is quite…****ed up.

Obviously, the plot was just as most movies. Cop is under a lot of pressure because of something that has happened in the back; paranoid and very suspicious of every ONE and every THING around him. Of course, it ended up in the same old situation. Chief asks for badge, badge is given but the gun is kept. You can tell where it’s going.

Now the plot of the movie was to find out the answers of the death of the creator of NS5 robots, Dr. I forget his name, but you would too. Continuing on in this science fiction thriller, you could obviously tell their would be some sorts of humor having to be exerted…Hell, it was necessary if you had someone named Will Smith in it. I found some parts to be humorous, yet some others were just plain corny and made me want to yawn, but my hidden manners held that part in.

Now, the movie was trying to show off a relationship between Dr. Lanning (yes I searched for his name to make your life easier) was shown…very terribly. I mean, it seemed as if off the bat they wanted to show something had happened when the doctor, through some weird use of holographic communication, called Detective Snooper (the one and only, Will Smith), “Son”

Honestly, maybe it might be a trend in that time…but it showed that there was a very poor relationship between these two that should have been shown off with much more affection. Where was this affection? I couldn’t find it, but tried with their best efforts to make it up with a story with faces full of emotions.

I must admit some of the scenes in the movie thrilled me. Most of the outstanding scenes came from the robot fights. Yes, they fought. Now, along with these scenes came the mimic of the good old origin of Matrix Style “Slow your ass down so we can be amused” So yes, I was amused at most points, but at others I felt like searching for the remote for the screen.

The co-star, Bridget Movnahan (who to me looks like Sandra Bullock), played half action hero/half doctor roles. It was quite stupid how things were quickly rushed, but they were put together quickly as the comprehension of Sonny (a special someone you’ll meet around the beginning of the movie) was put together.

Now, basically Snooper had this idea that Dr. Lanning was murdered by a robot…yet, ALL of the world believes he is crazy, due to the fact that all robots must comply with the three laws that are given to them. After viewing the holographic message after Dr. Lannings death, Detective Snooper tried his best to collect any sort of evidence…only to be dealt with as some ragged doll most of the time and the evidence being taken away before anything was collected.

So, what is a cop to do in this situation? Like every situation, he slowly eases his way in…with the help of others, like always. Honestly, I thought this movie would have originality written all over it but it was the same old story with a cop, badge gone, and a strong belief/concern about something.

Of course, I enjoyed this moving. Acting was tremendous at some ends, and horrible at some others. Lots of weird turn of events happened through out this, that won’t totally surprise you but will kind of ask you more questions until they’re answered…sort of.

Now, this being my first review, I can easily say that I liked it…sort of. I should have done this review right after the movie, but I failed not to…for I had the idea today…or yesterday. Anyways, if I had to give this movie a rating out of 5, it would earn a 3 for its effort and fight scenes and the hard work exerted.

thanks for the review

I wipe my ass with your feelings
No problem...anything I can improve on/take out?

I could sense I threw spoilers in there...should I do something about that so I don't anger some peeps?

The Green Lantern
I thought it was OK. The story could have been better as well as character development. Special Fx were great.
Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might.
Beware My Power...Green Lantern's Light"

--Green Lantern Oath--

"The Green Lantern Corps has battled against the forces of evil and chaos for a millennium. To serve is the ultimate honor."

Great review! I guess you didn't think this film was that great.

Originally Posted by Godsend
I could sense I threw spoilers in there...should I do something about that so I don't anger some peeps?

I noticed a few minor spoilers so I edited your post and added a general warning…. Thanks for the review…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I saw this today, I went with a friend, We came into the theatre late so we stayed for the second show and watched it again (free of charge) we both liked it, my friend said he liked it even more the second time.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Anyone else wondering...

WARNING: "I, Robot" spoilers below
How Sonny got the robot-killing-virus-stuff back out past the defence shield having stuck his reinforced arm through it? It seemed like only VIKI could turn the shield off... so wouldn't the virus get fried when he pulled it out??

Ah, i just like to spoil things

" Say what again i dare you!!"
I thought the movie was great. my fave will smith movie (i dont really like his movies) but
WARNING: spoilers below
Dont the relaitonship between sonny and that doctor seem like hannible's and clarices?? I was excpecting for sonny to say "hello clarice" any moment

Originally Posted by Golgot
Anyone else wondering...

WARNING: "I, Robot" spoilers below
How Sonny got the robot-killing-virus-stuff back out past the defence shield having stuck his reinforced arm through it? It seemed like only VIKI could turn the shield off... so wouldn't the virus get fried when he pulled it out??

Ah, i just like to spoil things
Yeah, that makes sense. The container that the virus was in wouldn't be defence shield proof for obvious reasons. Good poing golgot.