Shock Scenes That Made You Jump

Tools    

Your Puuuur-fect Movie Companion!
You know how during most suspense movies there'll always be scenes where there's dead calm while the main character navigates a spooky house alone, or returns to check if his enemy is really dead and all of a sudden, BOOM! something jumps out and gives 'ya a scare.

So which 'shock scene' is most memorable to you? Or is one that you did not anticipate? It doesn't have to be scary, just something that made you jump.

Here're mine:
1. Signs - hand under the door, and the hand that came through the ventilation shaft in the basement
2. Lord of the Rings - Frodo's uncle turns crazy-faced because of the ring
3. Spider-Man - Norman Osbourne is found on the floor and a loud sound plays plus a flash when he tries to recall how he got there
4. Psycho (the original) - Lila Crane discovers the truth in the basement
5. Misery - Annie Wilkes proves she's still alive even after being hit on the head by a typewriter (was it??) and having her eyes poked and blinded
6. What Lies Beneath - Dr. Norman Spencer appears when his wife, half-paralyzed, is trying to dial for help

There are more... I'll try to post them once I remember.

"Never let a dog pick what you watch."

Anaconda -- snake coming out of the dock

hehe seriously

I will second psycho. As for others, Im trying to think, thats the one that immediately came into my mind. (although for me it was the shower scene).

So many good movies, so little time.
The scene in Wait Until Dark (1967) when Alan Arkin jumps back out with the knife.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

Originally Posted by uconjack
The scene in Wait Until Dark (1967) when Alan Arkin jumps back out with the knife.

mine too...i'll never forget that scene..everything dark with one eerie light....

Fatal Attraction - Glen Close jumps up out of the bathtub after being drowned.

Gothika - scene where the missing girl's arms shoot out from behind the basement stairs.

Kathy Bates in About Schmidt hot tub scene was pretty shocking and made me jump out of the seat, only to grab a knife and poke out my eyes though.

The Emperor of Ice Cream
Kathy Bates in About Schmidt hot tub scene was pretty shocking and made me jump out of the seat, only to grab a knife and poke out my eyes though.

the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre: the whole movie
Signs: everything that invovlves and alien's hands
Psycho: when the detective gets killed
the Shining: when Jack kills Dick Halloran with the axe
KazZam: Shaq's acting WAH Wah wahhhh
And found he was eating his shoe.

I'm being chased by evil pirates!!!
Nothing shocks me, its all the same

signs - when the alien runs across the screen
the new texas chainsaw massacre - when leatherface comes outta nowere and gets the car
scary movie - when their in the office w/ mr. mann and his bulge pops outta nowere

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
most of the scenes from the screa trilogy.

Oh and i saw stepford wives last night, there's a scene when a the 'robot version' of nicole kidman flashes its eyes open really quickly and they're black. Everyone else jumped but i wasnt paying attention.

A system of cells interlinked
The electro-shock scene in Requiem for a Dream was quite shocking....

Halloween
- face appearing in doorway....

Les Diaboliques - The last half hour!

Arlington Rd., when Jeff Bridges sees his son in the back of a van with those maniacs.

Kill BIll Vol. 1, when Bill fires that first shot at the beginning.
Jeff Buckley - Sketches For My Sweetheart The Drunk
At The Drive-In - Acrobatic Tenemant
Air - Moon Safari

"I'm the man,"
~ David Carradine, Kill Bill Vol. 2

" Say what again i dare you!!"
Signs. when he wheels the t.v in and the alines in the reflection.

Your Puuuur-fect Movie Companion!
I just caught the Mothman Prophecies, and one scene that made me jump was when Richard Gere's character swung a door (with a mirror) open, and it reflected the mothman - glowy red eyes and all. Didn't see that one coming

Signs - when the dog barks (seriously)
What Lies Beneath - when Michelle Pfeiffer is looking through the binoculars at her neighbors and that guy looks right back at her
The Sixth Sense - when haley joel osment is in the bathroom and the ghost walks past the door