Top Upcoming movies of 2012

Tools    

The avengers for sure, cant wait to see Thor kickin CA asses

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
So far, films that I'm interested in seeing:

Albert Nobbs
The Avengers
The Dark Knight Rises
Dark Shadows
Fast Girls
The Hobbit
Much Ado About Nothing
The Wettest Country in the World

Still so many I haven't seen from this year, though.

It's a very exciting year. Lots of blockbusters that could actually be good, and lots of random projects I'm excited about. Some of the bigger ones, though:
  • The Avengers
  • Men in Black III
  • The Amazing Spider-Man
  • The Dark Knight Rises
  • Skyfall (Bond)
  • The Hobbit
  • Django Unchained
  • World War Z
There are some others I'm looking forward to, like Looper, but the ones above probably have the best chance to be both good and runaway hits.

I'd be pretty hard-pressed to decide which I'm most excited about. It's probably a three-way tie between TDKR, Hobbit, and Django.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I think I am the only one but just because of the cast I am dying to see Sushi Girl.

Not sure exactly when it comes out, just sometime in 2012.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Let's not forget The Hunger Games film adaptation. Read the book and loved it. I hope they turn it into a good film.
I've already seen that one, but in Japan they called it Battle Royale.

hahahaha ! batman is back! I wrote one of this too! I'm a big fan lol

The Drunk and Happy
I'm looking for to The Hunger Games.

Waiting for Mission Impossible 4

In 2012, I am anticipating Undefeated, The Raven, Chimpanzee, Gangster Squad, Skyfall, The Hobbit, Django Unchained and The Great Gatsby.

Top summer flims:
#1 the agnvers
#2 the dark night rises
#3 theamazing spider-man
#4 g.i joe; retaliation
#5 men in black 3

hoilday movies:
#1 war hourse
#2 Mission impossible 4 ghost protocol
#3 advturn of tin tin
#4 alvin and the chipmunk chiped wercked
#5 darknest hour

februay
ghost rider 2 spirit of vengeance

ones just seen
sherklock home 2 game of shodwo
we broguth a zoo

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
That's the only definate. But I'm keeping an eye on The Cabin In The Woods, The Woman In Black, Rock Of Ages and Savages, for varying reasons.

In theaters 2012:
The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey
John Carter (of Mars)
The Avengers

On DVD 2012:
Lady for a Day

And in theaters 2013:
The Hobbit - There and Back Again
Phineas and Ferb

According to Digital Spy, these are the top 20 films for next year. Not for me, but there might be something here that some aren't aware of and will enjoy.

Digital Spy's Top 20 Must-Watch Movies for 2012
Digital Spy previews the 20 must-watch movies of for the upcoming year.

20. Ted
Released: August 3
Why you should see it: Family Guy and American Dad mastermind Seth MacFarlane makes his big-screen debut writing and directing this comedy about a man whose childhood teddy bear comes to life. MacFarlane voices the eponymous 'Ted', while Family Guy's Mila Kunis lines up alongside Mark Wahlberg in the cast. Expect plenty of profanity and risqué humour.

19. The Cabin in the Woods
Released: April 13
Why you should see it: Buffy and Angel pair Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard's horror has been on the shelf for an eternity thanks to studio MGM's bankruptcy. It will emerge in all its terrifying glory in 2012, however, with Richard Jenkins, Bradley Whitford, Chris Hemsworth and Whedon veteran Amy Acker among the cast.

18. The Bourne Legacy
Released: August 17
Why you should see it: Can this popular spy franchise survive without the involvement of Matt Damon's Jason Bourne? That question will be answered when Jeremy Renner steps into the role of Aaron Cross, an agent tied to a shady CIA training programme. The leading man certainly has chops, but isn't this a bit too much like making a James Bond movie without 007?

17. The Woman in Black
Released: February 10
Why you should see it: Daniel Radcliffe steps out of the Harry Potter franchise to play a lawyer who witnesses supernatural events when he is dispatched to a village to attend to a recently deceased client's papers. Switching from fantasy to horror is a smart move for Radcliffe, who seems the best-equipped out of all the Potter graduates to sustain a screen career. The promising early trailers certainly sent a shiver down our spine!

16. American Reunion
Released: April 6
Why you should see it: American Pie returns to the big screen after a slew of cheapo direct-to-DVD offerings. The entire original cast is back to celebrate the 10-year high school reunion, with Jim (Jason Biggs) and Michelle (Alyson Hannigan) now proud parents. There will be no respite for Jim though - he'll suffer plenty more embarrassments to rival his infamous pie tryst.

15. Gangster Squad
Released: November 9
Why you should see it: This crime thriller takes place in 1940s Los Angeles as the LAPD find themselves at odds with the East Coast mob. Director Ruben Fleischer has assembled an all-star cast featuring Ryan Gosling, Sean Penn, Josh Brolin, Nick Nolte, Anthony Mackie and Emma Stone. Certainly ones for fans of Boardwalk Empire and The Untouchables.

14. Looper
Released: September 28
Why you should see it: Rian Johnson put a unique spin on film noir with his debut Brick and impressed with heist comedy The Brothers Bloom, so the director taking on time travel certainly has our interest piqued. Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays a temporally displaced hitman who recognises that his next target is his future self, played by Bruce Willis.

13. Brave
Released: August 17
Why you should see it: Pixar never usually let us down (unless automobiles are involved, ahem), so how could any 2012 preview be complete without the latest offering from the Toy Story masterminds? The Scottish highlands is the setting for this mythical adventure, which sees Kelly Macdonald voice a princess who must undo a curse of her own making.

12. The Amazing Spider-Man
Released: July 4
Why you should see it: Andrew Garfield swings into action as Marvel's iconic New York superhero. Flashing back to Peter Parker's high school years with Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone), this blockbuster is looking to inject fresh life into the comic book saga. Will Tobey Maguire be missed? How will Spidey look hurtling past skyscrapers in 3D? All will be answered come next summer.

11. The Iron Lady
Released: January 6
Why you should see it: In what could be this year's answer to The King's Speech, The Iron lady casts Meryl Streep as divisive Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. Her terrific performance carries the film and is all but guaranteed an Oscar nomination. But does it have what it takes to sweep aside the competition like last year's Colin Firth drama?

10. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2
Released: November 16
Why you should see it: In just four years Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series has become a big screen phenomenon and turned Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner into household names. Now that Bella's transformation into vampire is complete, the scene is set for the big finale. Love it or hate it, this will be the movie event of 2012.

9. Snow White and the Huntsman
Released: June 1
Why you should see it: We weren't totally sold on this until the recent trailer landed, promising a dark take on the old fairytale. Charlize Theron's evil Queen certainly looks to have the edge on Julia Roberts's hammy interpretation, and it'll be great to see Kristen Stewart play outside of her mopey Bella Swan alter-ego.

8. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
Released: December 14
Why you should see it: Peter Jackson's return to Middle Earth nearly didn't happen after studio fall-outs and MGM's bankruptcy. Guillermo del Toro stepped away from the director's chair and Jackson swooped in to save the day. The likes of Andy Serkis, Orlando Bloom and Elijah Wood will return for An Unexpected Journey, the first of two films based on JRR Tolkien's The Hobbit.

7. War Horse
Released: January 13
Why you should see it: Steven Spielberg's latest offering tugs at the heartstrings as it sends a horse through the battlefields of World War I. A sweeping epic in every sense, this has the potential to hoover up Oscars and box office cash next year. A Spielberg movie has to be seen at the cinema, and this old school drama is best seen on the biggest screen possible.

6. The Avengers
Released: April 27
Why you should see it: Marvel's finest Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and Hulk unite to stop a world-threatening force in Joss Whedon's blockbuster epic. Comic book fans are eagerly awaiting this team-up, and with the director a superhero geek himself, expectations are sky high for The Avengers. We're hoping for plenty of crackling Whedonesque dialogue to go with the abundant explosions.

5. The Hunger Games
Released: March 23
Why you should see it: In Hollywood's race to find the new Twilight, Suzanne Collins's The Hunger Games trilogy is leading the pack. The movie, fronted by Oscar nominee Jennifer Lawrence, sees a group of kids selected to take part in an annual televised fight to the death. This is Battle Royale for the web generation, and far edgier than anything involving sparkling vampires.

4. Skyfall
Released: October 26
Why you should see it: Daniel Craig's third outing as James Bond will see him face off against Javier Bardem in director Sam Mendes's Skyfall. Old favourite Q is back (in the form of Ben Whishaw), while rumours suggest that Naomie Harris is playing Moneypenny and Ralph Fiennes is a big baddie pulling all the strings. The movie promises a 007 who has his loyalty to M tested, but apart from that we're very much in the dark about Skyfall's story.

3. Django Unchained
Released: December 26
Why you should see it: It seems like an eternity away, but anything from Quentin Tarantino is worth talking about. Jamie Foxx, Leonardo DiCaprio, Samuel L Jackson, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Christoph Waltz star in the director's first Western, about a slave-turned-bounty hunter who sets out to rescue his wife from a brutal Mississippi plantation owner. Can next Christmas hurry up, please?

2. Prometheus
Released: June 1
Why you should see it: It's an Alien prequel... wait, no it isn't an Alien prequel! Who cares, Prometheus is Ridley Scott back doing science fiction 30 years after Blade Runner! Noomi Rapace leads a group of scientists to a distant planet that may or may not provides a threat to the human race. We're a little spooked out already just thinking about a possible face-hugger encounter.

1. The Dark Knight Rises
Released: July 20
Why you should see it: The last of the Christian Bale/Christopher Nolan Batman movies, this promises a monumental showdown between the Dark Knight and Tom Hardy's musclebound villain Bane. Will Bats get his back broken? Will Commissioner Gordon make it out of that hospital bed? Will we ever see Robin? (probably not!). We'll have to wait until the summer to find out! This had to be number one, right?
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...-for-2012.html

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Not a massive amount there that catch my fancy, for the moment at least. Maybe some good trailers and reviews will convince me

At the moment I'm quite looking forward to Gangster Squad (didn't know much about it until now but the cast has me interested), Looper, Brave, Spider-Man, Hobbit, War Horse, Avengers and to a slightly lesser extent Dark Knight Rises

The Hobbit at number 8 is a travesty. I'd agree with JayDee and say the cast for Gangster Squad looks very promising even if that title sucks major a**. Other that that, nothing is must-see for me at this point at least until I look into a lot of them. At the moment I'm most excited to finally get to see The Artist next month.

The most frightening/depressing thing about that list is the number of kids films on it. The Dark Knight Rises, The Hunger Games, The Avengers, War Horse, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, Snow White And The Huntsman, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2, Brave, The Amazing Spider-Man, American Reunion and Ted.

That's where we are now. Adults waiting to see kids films.

Except for Brave and possibly Spider-Man and The Avengers, I don't think I'd consider any of those kid films. Of course, when I think kid films, I mean movies for the under 10 group. However, I do get what you're saying.

That's the only definate. But I'm keeping an eye on The Cabin In The Woods, The Woman In Black, Rock Of Ages and Savages, for varying reasons.
Just saw a TV spot for the former Everybody Loves Whales. Now it looks like it's called Big Miracle.